domi interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoogs

Jan 31, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Also the part about the NHL not even helping Winnipeg and Quebec when they were in trouble.. then bending over backwards when places like Nashville and Carolina are doing horrible. WTF?

WHARF1940

Jan 2, 2005
down in a hole
Scugs said:
Also the part about the NHL not even helping Winnipeg and Quebec when they were in trouble.. then bending over backwards when places like Nashville and Carolina are doing horrible. WTF?
that was one of my favorite parts...........and i'm from Long Island......

Taranis_24

Jan 6, 2004
Visit site
The man loves the game and he wants to play. Would love to have him on the CAPS. Liked the way he had Bobby Orr's back. Would have like to hear him comment on the way Lemieux and Gretzky got involved and what happened at the February meetings with them involved. His comment about the fight is over and get a deal done was an amazing comment to hear from a player. He acknowledges the need for the trust between players and owners needs to improve to make any deal work. Also, about the rule changes was dead on, what good is a deal without a league to play. Also, agreed with his comments on the Betuzzi/Moore thing. Until a decision is made the replays will keep playing making the league look bad. The longer a deal isn't made in the CBA will make the league look bad. All the rhetoric that makes the league look bad needs to stop and to do things to improve the leagues image.

ColoradoHockeyFan

Feb 17, 2005
Denver area
How about the part in Part 2 where he talks about the meeting at Tanenbaum's house (with himself, Mario, etc.)... where they came up with a framework that they thought both sides could live with... and they agreed to take it back to their respective sides. Then he says he went to dinner with Linden and Goodenow and learned immediately that it wouldn't fly with them. I wonder what they had come up with.

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
Goodenow has cost the players millions for his backarse-bleed the league to the last minute come hell or high water negotiating approach! He should have been relieved of his negotiating duties months ago!! Damn players need to wake up!

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
One reason millionaire players couldn’t care less about a CBA settlement is their fat-catedness. Exhibit A is Brett Hull, who questions his motivation. “I’ll wake up and not feel like getting on the treadmill and say, ‘I don’t have to do that. I can retire’.†And he will. Exhibit B is Theo Fleury who brags “I made $50 million playing in the NHL.†Do you think exalted millionaires - Trevor Linden, Bill Guerin, Vince Damphousse - on the NHLPA exec board are worried? Hull, Fleury, et. al. have the ans--------A GM who has been totally correct in his CBA predictions is whispering that the NHL won’t resume until January! Well, that fits the Goodenow timetable----s. fischler

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
Scugs said:
If you're pro-PA, how can you watch a player say that and still support that s.o.b. Goodenow?

KEEEL!

you can be pro-PA and hate Goody

kind of like a republican hating bush

that link wont work...how do I see this I can't find it on tsn

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
TSN Audio visual page Try this one. It wasa good interview. And you can see the frustration in his voice that they dont have a deal done.

Goodenow is not there to be liked. He is in a tough spot, up against as you well know very hardball negotiators, and has to get a good deal that will have long term ramifications and precedents. I can understand completely how Tie feels and still support Goodenow in doing a tough job in tough negotiations. Its not like he stubbornly held to the status quo throughout.

The principle fight is over. Now there are just big money negotiations left. Might not necesarily be any easier except everyone seems to want to get it done now. Including the fans that previously wanted to hold out 2 years and go with replacements if thats what it took. The season ticket holders must have expressed a new vision recently.

nyrmessier011

Feb 9, 2005
Charlotte/NYC
I have always respected Domi and i respect him more now. I have been saying what he has been saying all along. So many of these owners are just out of line and could care less about the game. Not only do these owners not care, but our commissioner doesn't either and it's absurd. It's f******* ridiculous. It's sad incredibly sad when 3 out of the 6 original NHL teams are garbage because of greedy businessmen owners. As I have said on my blog since I created it in December, I am pro-player not because I agree with there multi million dollar salaries, but because Bettman and the owners are 100% responsbile for ruining this game. I couldn't agree more with Domi over the reason they have moved teams out of Canada and into Carolina etc. As I have said on my blog forever, they moved them there just for a quick cash grab. What idiots they are to not see this problem in the future.

It is absurd how much the players have given and Bettman is just making them bleed like crazy to get the absolut best deal for a sweet contract extension. The two sides are meeting soon in the next few weeks and if I don't see some owner concessions I give up. It's just not fair what they are doing. They have to make a partnership like Tie said, and until they do so, the NHL is going to SUCK because of Gary

SENSible1*

nyrmessier011 said:
I have always respected Domi and i respect him more now. I have been saying what he has been saying all along. So many of these owners are just out of line and could care less about the game. Not only do these owners not care, but our commissioner doesn't either and it's absurd. It's f******* ridiculous. It's sad incredibly sad when 3 out of the 6 original NHL teams are garbage because of greedy businessmen owners. As I have said on my blog since I created it in December, I am pro-player not because I agree with there multi million dollar salaries, but because Bettman and the owners are 100% responsbile for ruining this game. I couldn't agree more with Domi over the reason they have moved teams out of Canada and into Carolina etc. As I have said on my blog forever, they moved them there just for a quick cash grab. What idiots they are to not see this problem in the future.

It is absurd how much the players have given and Bettman is just making them bleed like crazy to get the absolut best deal for a sweet contract extension. The two sides are meeting soon in the next few weeks and if I don't see some owner concessions I give up. It's just not fair what they are doing. They have to make a partnership like Tie said, and until they do so, the NHL is going to SUCK because of Gary

Any reaction to Domi's comments on Goodenow or is it all Gary's fault?

R0CKET

Jul 2, 2004
PepNCheese said:
Seriously, get educated on the issues.

You can make it as big of an issue as you want, but that doesn't change the reality that it is a fact that the PA chose not to look at the NHL's books.

Stop acting like an Oliver Stone groupie who sees a conspiracy behind every corner and start dealing with facts.

eye

Feb 17, 2003
around the 49th para
Visit site
Thank you Tie Domi for coming clean. You regained some of the respect I had lost for you and other players that were not being truthful about their own feelings throughout all of this.

3 things in his 3 interviews stood out like a sore d"""!

Tie said that Goodenow and other lawyers don't take players seriously when it comes to negotiations of this type.

Tie said that Goodenow and Bettman have to check their EGO'S and their pride if they hope to make a deal. Now where have I read that statement posted so many times on this board????

Tie was pissed at Goodenow for saying no to a cap for the last 5 years (proof that the NHL have been trying to negotiate a cap for a lot longer period of time than many PA supporters will acknowledge) and that he was pissed at Goodenow and Bettman for not getting a deal done after caving on the cap issue.

Thanks Tie for confirming what many of us have been saying for the past year only to take heat from loyal PA supporters that have been blinded by the Goodenow Cool-Aid induced propaganda.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

syc

Aug 25, 2003
Not Europe
Visit site
R0CKET said:
You can make it as big of an issue as you want, but that doesn't change the reality that it is a fact that the PA chose not to look at the NHL's books.

Stop acting like an Oliver Stone groupie who sees a conspiracy behind every corner and start dealing with facts.

And you think the owners would be honest about income? Id rather have a look at the numbers they sent the revenue canada or the IRS.

Comrie_fan

Nov 25, 2002
Qc
Visit site
Domi and the others players will earn my respect when they will say to Goodenow. You fired. Samething for the owner. By the way it's very funny how the player and the owner make a partnership. The player make official certification in QC and BC and the owner make 3 grievance. If they continue like this, the NHL will return in 5 years. :cry:

petrobruin

Mar 19, 2002
London Ont.
Visit site
Absurd

nyrmessier011 said:

ABSURD IS HOW MUCH PLAYERS HAVE MADE IN THE NHL PLAYING A GAME AND BLEEDING THE FANS LIKE CRAZY.10 years of rediculous contracts.

WAKE UP BUDDY .

The new cycle says owners make money its there turn.They didint shut down a 2.1billion dollar business just for the fun of it.They made a mistake and now its there job to solve the problem.You cant possible allow the patients in the assylum to set the new rules or you are back where you were.

:dunno:

shakes

Pep City
Aug 20, 2003
Visit site
petrobruin said:
ABSURD IS HOW MUCH PLAYERS HAVE MADE IN THE NHL PLAYING A GAME AND BLEEDING THE FANS LIKE CRAZY.10 years of rediculous contracts.

WAKE UP BUDDY .

The new cycle says owners make money its there turn.They didint shut down a 2.1billion dollar business just for the fun of it.They made a mistake and now its there job to solve the problem.You cant possible allow the patients in the assylum to set the new rules or you are back where you were.

:dunno:

Wait.. who was "bleeding the fans like crazy"? Last I heard, players don't set ticket prices, concessions or parking. Most big market teams will have the exact same ticket prices with a 30 million dollar salary cap as they did with a 60 - 70 million dollar payroll. And Domi was right.. where was the NHL when Quebec City and Winnipeg were in trouble?

petrobruin

Mar 19, 2002
London Ont.
Visit site
shakes said:
Wait.. who was "bleeding the fans like crazy"? Last I heard, players don't set ticket prices, concessions or parking. Most big market teams will have the exact same ticket prices with a 30 million dollar salary cap as they did with a 60 - 70 million dollar payroll. And Domi was right.. where was the NHL when Quebec City and Winnipeg were in trouble?

With salaries at 75% of revenue dont you think it was prudent of the owners to raise ticket prices as the gate is the only real source of revenue.

Does common sense go out the window when people drink Bobs kool-aid.

And no ticket prices are very different in alot of nhl cities.

4 tickets in Boston on family night $100 ,4 tickets in Toronto (they dont have family night) $320.

thats pretty close!

:teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad