WWE: Does WWE need to bring back the brand split?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
It'd be fine if WWE understood NXT is a televised show ONLY for 1 hour and ONLY in small buildings. Treat NXT like ROH. If they try to fill big stadiums w/ NXT and do monthly PPVs, it'd be a disaster. So literally taking something from their network and putting it on tv. But Vince would never do that.

The best part of NXT is the long builds and their shows freaking fly. An hour goes by in no time as opposed to 3 hours of Raw that feels like 10.

I think NXT can still work well with a weekly two hour show with proper booking. And if it takes over Smackdown and is a proper brand split, it will freshen up Raw since you won't have to see much of that talent on the NXT show. A three hour weekly show with the kind of talent the main roster has would not be difficult to book and write for if they actually gave a damn. Doing so for five hours a week with that same talent is very difficult not to overexpose.

There would be no need for NXT Smackdown to be a part of the monthly PPV cycle. The main roster talent on Raw has enough to cover that so you can still keep the NXT special cycle as is. I do think though that NXT would have to add one additional title to their card and take a small bit of talent from the main roster to fill some spots but not many.

S A W F T*

I think NXT can still work well with a weekly two hour show with proper booking. And if it takes over Smackdown and is a proper brand split, it will freshen up Raw since you won't have to see much of that talent on the NXT show. A three hour weekly show with the kind of talent the main roster has would not be difficult to book and write for if they actually gave a damn. Doing so for five hours a week with that same talent is very difficult not to overexpose.

There would be no need for NXT Smackdown to be a part of the monthly PPV cycle. The main roster talent on Raw has enough to cover that so you can still keep the NXT special cycle as is. I do think though that NXT would have to add one additional title to their card and take a small bit of talent from the main roster to fill some spots but not many.

I'm sure a few of the main roster guys would love to work with the youngins at NXT.

Like Batista said in the article MCG posted, a lot of these guys just want to wrestle and not deal with the creative BS.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I hated it before.

They can't get their one main roster right anyway. I certainly wouldn't suggest adding another.

WinterEmpire

Unregistered User
Mar 20, 2011
Vancouver
The brand split only worked for Smackdown the first time around because Heyman was running the show. Raw usually stale as hell, you could always count on a the standard 30 minute promo open from HHH then followed by some heel antics Bischoff later in the show

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It would be good for some of the wrestlers and could help elevate them and new talent, but RAW would definitely need to be two hours again.

Just change RAW back to two hours regardless and it will solve some of the problems like boring and pointless matches/promos/etc

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Wasn't Smackdown's numbers in a much better place when the split happened too, plus it was still live?

Seems like it would take a ton of work to make a brand split even sort of work by basically saving Smackdown, which is nearly a dead show right now.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Wasn't Smackdown's numbers in a much better place when the split happened too, plus it was still live?

Seems like it would take a ton of work to make a brand split even sort of work by basically saving Smackdown, which is nearly a dead show right now.

I'm not sure Smackdown was ever live.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad