Does USA play tonight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Matt MacInnis said:
It's just something that was really obvious to me, especially since I actually saw Crosby play in person last year a few times.

I'm not saying Kessel isn't the #1 pick, obviously he's the consensus guy. I'm just saying that he didn't really show it yesterday.

That said, while I was waiting for interviews, all the kids were chanting for Phil to come out and sign autographs. Somebody, I'm not entirely certain who it was, it MAY have been Bourque, but I'm not certain, tried to tell them that he (Kessel) didn't play for them. It was pretty funny.

Another thing to consider is Kessel is one of those players that turns it on at gametime. Not a whole lot to see in practice or exhibitions. He likes the spotlight when it counts. Not saying any player should dog it anytime, but some players just don't give it their all in "meaningless" situations.

espo*

Rabid Ranger said:
Another thing to consider is Kessel is one of those players that turns it on at gametime. Not a whole lot to see in practice or exhibitions. He likes the spotlight when it counts. Not saying any player should dog it anytime, but some players just don't give it their all in "meaningless" situations.
exactly what i was thinking about the guy.he'll play much better when the games start i bet.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Rabid Ranger said:

Of course. I'll get to see him play four more times in Vancouver so I look forward to seeing him playing at full throttle.

Nash

Jul 23, 2004
Vancouver
Rabid Ranger said:

That doesn't speak much for his work ethic. Most of the best players practice hard to develop and hone their skills.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
RallyKiller said:
when does team USA play again?

They play another exhibition game against Norway in a coastal community called Powell River.

They were flying up to PR sometime today. I believe the game is tonight.

MN_Gopher

May 2, 2002
Mpls
Visit site
Nash said:
That doesn't speak much for his work ethic. Most of the best players practice hard to develop and hone their skills.

I have seen Kessel in practice. And I would say he works hard. But he does not open up the hat either. He has played much better this year. So he is picking it up somewhere. He was lifting weights with the team over the summer and made captains practices.

I do not hink it is his lower body that needs work. Its his upper body. When in space he seems able to skate through people. But i totally agree along the boards he gets manhandled when he has to pull away. He has no seperation strenth. Which i would attribute to upper body. Once in motion his legs seem to feed his upper body, but has no push when standing in the corners.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Nash said:

I'm not saying Kessel has a poor work ethic, just that you're not likely to see all the flash & dash in a meaningless game.

ZombieMatt

May 20, 2002
Personally, I've felt he's been pretty week in the practice and exhibition game that I saw. But this is a very small timeframe. He's just had some problems handling the puck, with what I've seen. Okay defensively, not standing out (which to me is a good thing).

puck swami

Apr 29, 2004
An Ape called Yoko said:
Great job Matt! :handclap:

Yes. Ryno is huge and he is 6'5". He could probably add some more weight as well, even though he is pretty heavy already.

I think Ryno will be playing for Minnesota-State Mankato in the WCHA next season...

Preds666

Feb 27, 2002
puck swami said:
I think Ryno will be playing for Minnesota-State Mankato in the WCHA next season...

I think Ryno will be playing in the Swedish Elite League next season... (since pretty much all 12 teams want to sign him)

USA!

Dec 26, 2004
Ryno has commited to play for Minn St next year in the WCHA. But that doesnt mean he wont sign with a SEL team for next season. Should be interesting to see which way he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad