Does the 32OA Pick Move This Draft, And For What?

What does Botts do with the 32OA pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
I doubt that will happen.

Unless the Sabres are giving up a pick to acquire the rights to JT first.

If not, the Sabres can't sign JT until after the draft. And I doubt that the Sabres are going to draft some other team's guy just in case they sign JT.
I know its not going to happen, my wants normally differ from reality.

Reactions: Baccus

dasaybz

da saybz
Aug 2, 2005
This would be a drastically different poll for me if fletcher had given us more 2nd and 3rd rounders like he used to do.

You either draft a first round talent slider or trade back slightly if it helps you get into the 3rd round this year.
Why? Do 3rd round picks really matter at all?

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
No. No pick after the first matters. I concede.
No kidding, I mean if your not a first round pick you rarely make it. There are a few seconds rounds picks filling out roster spots, bums like Kucherov; but guys in the Third, career minor leaguers. Image if Non-drafter players made it to the NHL? Every scout should be fired!

Reactions: DJN21

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Tonight's the first night I've really sat down and got to look at prospects since the winter, and wow, this draft's talent level falls hard in the later teens to early 20s.

Maybe trading this pick isn't a bad idea...

sfoote

Jan 6, 2013
What do you think the odds are the Sabres move the 32nd overall pick (1st pick of Round 2), or hang on to it and draft someone, and probably someone who fell out of the first round?
I'm confused, can they draft someone in the 2nd round who doesn't fall out of the 1st round ?

Reactions: Dingo44

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
They probaby can get a very good depth player at 32, but I would be interested to see if this pick and SJ's 2019 first could be used to move back into the top 5-10.

SundherDome

Y'all have to much power
Jul 6, 2009
Minneapolis,MN
Every year there are always surprises taken in the first round and guys drop. If a guy like Tolvanen drops, package a 4th and move up to get him. If not, stand pat and let other teams go hog wild overnight in a bidding war.

GameMisconduct

Jul 20, 2006
They probaby can get a very good depth player at 32, but I would be interested to see if this pick and SJ's 2019 first could be used to move back into the top 5-10.

Top 5-10 seems like a lot for 32 and an unknown first rounder next year.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Top 5-10 seems like a lot for 32 and an unknown first rounder next year.
Maybe. That unknown pick has less value in 2020, so it's either a playoff team's pick next season (20-30), or a long wait for that value.

What you get at 32 is Guhle or Lemieux, but what you get in 5-10 in this draft could be something very special. Would you trade 2018 32 overall and 2019 21 overall for Casey Mittelstadt?

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee
I'm hoping for "uses another pick to move up into the first round". Accelerate the process a tad bit with a player with a slightly higher pedigree on your board. Though the mish mash between 15-32 could be a bit of the same. It just depends on what you're targeting and what attribute of the team you're trying to assess / improve. The best overall player should be drafted of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad