Does the 32OA Pick Move This Draft, And For What?

What does Botts do with the 32OA pick?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
He asked for the best "first pick" of the 2nd round. It's terrible to have to go back to 1996 before I see a name that's just "oh yeah, he was good!" (Cory Sarich btw).
Early 2nd round picks have about a 10% chance of actually being good players.

Makes you think that you should always trade those picks if you can get a good player. I think of the Sekera trade.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Early 2nd round picks have about a 10% chance of actually being good players.

Makes you think that you should always trade those picks if you can get a good player. I think of the Sekera trade.

All 2nd round picks have about a 10% chance of being good players. If Botterill can use 32 OA in a good hockey trade, with the lottery win already gifting him an NHL defenseman, he probably should.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
I dont know enough of the draft prospects

Players 30-35 are mid 1st in other drafts or mid 2nds in others.

If u was trading the pick id trade it to a pkayoff team this year for a 1st next year.

I think vulnerable teams to not make playoffs are minnesota, colorado, naheim, los angeles, vegas, new jersey, philadelphia. Teams who missed this yeR but make next year are st louis, edmonton, florida, carolina

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
They don't have a 3rd so if they are going to trade 32 then it has to be for a young plug and play guy that can be part of the future group. A young scoring winger would be ideal. Someone you could say, " He could be a long term winger for Jack"

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
I'd trade the pick if we got an offer that would help us now and moving forward but I'm just fine keeping it as well

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
I hope there is a Sekera trade out there for us....
(Sekera for early 2nd and McBain)

32nd and McCabe for Athanasiou + 2019 2nd?

Happy to stand pat and take a player... but I'm not loving the talent in the 25-50 range of this draft.

If Botterill gets into the top 20 we are not going to regret it even if we do overpay...there’s a big difference in talent.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
There will be 10 or more guys selected out of the first round who will have useful nhl careers. It is up to Botteril to get one of them and preferably one of the better ones.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
How do you even vote without knowing what the options are, which are limitless at this point.

I vote “it depends”

I could have put it as an option, but it's a cop out. It was more about what do you think Botts WILL do, not what he should? But you're right - until he sees how the board goes, he and we won't know. It's just for fun anyway - no wagering.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
If Botterill gets into the top 20 we are not going to regret it even if we do overpay...there’s a big difference in talent.
Strongly disagree. Practically no difference between 18 and 48 in this draft.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
After about 15OA the long tail begins and there is no real difference between it and 32OA (or 50OA). So either move up to a top 15 pick, trade it for a useful player now, or step up to the craps table and roll the dice.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I think we should keep it.
Already missing the 3rd pick.
And its the 1st pick in 2nd.

Goathead

Jan 28, 2015
Niagara Falls, ON
Now that Kane has signed with SJS and we’ve secured another 1st I’m more willing to trade it for immediate help. We need to start winning next year to breed a winning culture for future years. Forward depth is the most glaring concern for me this summer.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
After the Sabres Sign Taraves, RoR and the 32OA pick is going somewhere for a #2 D-man. Maybe Dumba or Faulk?

I'm very ok with this :D

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
After the Sabres Sign Taraves, RoR and the 32OA pick is going somewhere for a #2 D-man. Maybe Dumba or Faulk?

I'm very ok with this :D

I doubt that will happen.

Unless the Sabres are giving up a pick to acquire the rights to JT first.

If not, the Sabres can't sign JT until after the draft. And I doubt that the Sabres are going to draft some other team's guy just in case they sign JT.

Reactions: brian_griffin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->