Does Panthers make it to the 2023 play-offs?

Does Panthers make it to the 2023 play-offs?

• Yes

Votes: 104 76.5%
  • No

Votes: 16 11.8%
  • We will see

Votes: 16 11.8%

• Total voters

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
-

Huberdeau
Weegar
Giroux
Marchement
Acciari
Chiarot
Mamin
Nutivaara
Vatrano
Tippett

+

Tkachuk
Del Zotto
Tierney
Mayhew
Nause
Balcers
White
Staal
Staal
Bitetto
Lyons
Staios
Levtchi

LOL...

----

Knight
Bobrovski

Ekblad
Forsling
Del Zotto
Montour
Staal
Gudas
Carlsson

Barkov
Tkachuk
Lundell
Reinhart
Bennett
Verhehaeghe
Duclair
Hörnqvist
Luostarinen
Lomberg
Cousins
Tierney

Goaltending has potential
but Knight as #1 not sure
or can Bob be the guy what
they still hope he can be

That D is ... bad, slow slow slow....

F lost depth + one of
the best players players in the NHL,
its still strong though, their best part,
but, losing Huberdeau will hurt so much.

And adding PoMo as your next head coach.....
the dinosaur of dinosaurs....

i predict that they will miss the play-offs

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
Sticking deadline rentals in as losses to the regular season team always strikes me as misleading.

Anyway, yeah, they'll be fine unless Maurice is really bad.
When you're managing assets this poorly ...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220723-083831_Brave.jpg
    Screenshot_20220723-083831_Brave.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 24

ijuka

May 14, 2016
After that trade, Panthers have such a brutal blueline. Yikers.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
When you're managing assets this poorly ...
But the asset cost has nothing to do with how much stronger or weaker than last season their team is. I think they've been pretty reckless, but that's got nothing to do with the point the OP made.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Sticking deadline rentals in as losses to the regular season team always strikes me as misleading.

In this case it makes sense though. They were having comeback wins the entire time after the TDL. Giroux upgraded their PP and was massive add for them. Probably the difference between finishing 1st in Atlantic and facing Tampa round 1.

Fact is they lost a lot of scoring and that is basically the only thing their team does well.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
In this case it makes sense though. They were having comeback wins the entire time after the TDL. Giroux upgraded their PP and was massive add for them. Probably the difference between finishing 1st in Atlantic and facing Tampa round 1.

Fact is they lost a lot of scoring and that is basically the only thing their team does well.

On March 21st, Panthers were already first in conference with 90 points in 62 games while scoring over 4 goals a game. Yeah, they were even stronger with the additions, but their team before then was still brutally strong, and the difference between finishing 1st or 3rd is moot to the OP's question of will they make playoffs.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
On March 21st, Panthers were already first in conference with 90 points in 62 games while scoring over 4 goals a game. Yeah, they were even stronger with the additions, but their team before then was still brutally strong, and the difference between finishing 1st or 3rd is moot to the OP's question of will they make playoffs.

Right, but my point is they struggled defensively down the stretch. A lot of blown leads and they only recovered because of their scoring, which has been massively reduced. They lost a 115 point winger, and another 2 top 6 forwards in Giroux and Marchment. Duclair is out now to start the year and who knows if he will be the same.

Now they downgraded their D even more while this reduction in scoring. Tkachuk won't score 100 points there.

Zach716

Pucks in deep
Nov 24, 2018

Maybe, but what can they manage to do with this year's deadline? Up against the cap and they don't have a 1st until 2050. I don't know how much more improvement we can realistically expect.

centipede2233

Sep 13, 2010
Should be an interesting east race. You’ll have a full season of Buffalo with no eichel drama, cbj/det/ott all improved, leaf’s and Florida took a step back as well as Tampa. Washington has no backstrom, Pitt core another year older, I think we see atleast one team maybe more moss the playoffs no one pegged to miss, a La Vegas from last year.

VijayPatel11

Mar 29, 2021
Sarasota, FL
The only difference between the 2021-22 squad pre-deadline and the upcoming season's squad is Marchment, Weegar, and Huberdeau were lost and Tkachuk was added. For simplicity's sake, you could say that Huberdeau and Tkachuk are about equal in on ice impact. Do you really think that the difference between a president's trophy team and a lottery team is Weegar and Marchment? That sounds pretty silly to me...

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Maybe, but what can they manage to do with this year's deadline? Up against the cap and they don't have a 1st until 2050. I don't know how much more improvement we can realistically expect.

Fair point, likelihood is they do zilch at the deadline, But how much does that matter to playoff qualification? If we were talking how well they'll do once there, then it's potentially a big deal. But actually qualifying, likelihood of it mattering seems low.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I imagine they’ll be closer to a 100 point team than a 120 point team, but yea, they should still make it

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
Weegar was the most overrated D in the league.

His brainfarts did cost the Panthers dearly.
Any player can have that at times, the whole team looked cold or choking much of that playoffs. They barely looked good against the Caps even.

Hockey is a series of tons of small little puck battles and races and quick decisions like small passes. He’s one of the better Dmen in the league easily because he does all those little things right way more consistently than the vast majority of Dmen

Reactions: Zach716

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad