OT: Does lanky Have a Gambling Problem

Should we get him help?

• Yes

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Don't they have free social services up there?

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Back in March I made two bets.

- I bet @Dr VinnyBoombatz $10 that Dragicevic would be picked top 20. The Bob Father isn't making me feel good about this one.

- I bet @Dead Coyote a full season worth of an embarrassing avatar that Reinbacher would be picked top 8. I still like my odds on this one.
Months ahead of time, you bet real money on how losing NHL GM's would project and evalute teenagers? Both predictions are reasonable but, yeah ... betting on the draft is psycho shit.

Edit: watching Bedard interview video, holy crap this kid is boring when he talks. Even for a Canadian.

• Haha
Reactions: Kaizen

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'm open to suggestions for Dead Coyote's new avatar...

Frni7MU.png

This is my suggestion. If she changes hers to it, then so will I.

Reactions: Dead Coyote

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Frni7MU.png

This is my suggestion. If she changes hers to it, then so will I.
Dr Vinny has encouraged me to forget about the $10 he won from me. I'm a bit relieved because it just cost me $30 to wire money to my uncle's account at a US bank. I was going to mail my uncle a cheque instead but his bank said they'd charge him $90 to process it. I guess Bitcoin fixes this, but I haven't got a wallet yet.

Anyways, I'm passing on the kindness and I won't hold Dead Coyote to the avatar bet. I was probably going to pick something really dumb and ugly, so this is for the best.

I like that picture Summer. Is it Taylor Swift?

Reactions: Dead Coyote

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Dr Vinny has encouraged me to forget about the $10 he won from me. I'm a bit relieved because it just cost me $30 to wire money to my uncle's account at a US bank. I was going to mail my uncle a cheque instead but his bank said they'd charge him $90 to process it. I guess Bitcoin fixes this, but I haven't got a wallet yet.

Anyways, I'm passing on the kindness and I won't hold Dead Coyote to the avatar bet. I was probably going to pick something really dumb and ugly, so this is for the best.

It's not Taylor Swift. She's a character from Lord of the Rings Online named Narmeleth.

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.

US banks don't accept Etransfers? You might need to have a USD account... :dunno:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I looked at this, too. You apparently really can't go Venmo or Zelle Canada -> USA. Paypal apparently works, but i didn't check the fee.

The ease of transfer across international boundaries is promoted as one of the benefits of crypto. But then there's all of the fraud, theft, and pump and dump schemes.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
The ease of transfer across international boundaries is promoted as one of the benefits of crypto. But then there's all of the fraud, theft, and pump and dump schemes.
I looked at this, too. You apparently really can't go Venmo or Zelle Canada -> USA. Paypal apparently works, but i didn't check the fee.
The Stanley Cup tax.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino