Does Kessler have a chance?

Discussion in 'International Tournaments' started by SkateLikeTheWind, Nov 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkateLikeTheWind

SkateLikeTheWind Registered User

With Konowalchuk's injury, his probable roster spot is open.

Kessler's play as of late has been real good. He brings good energy and is constantly around the puck in the offensive zone and makes plays happen. He kills penalties and don't believe he is a defensive liability.

I just can't think of who I would want on the team over him.

2. Rabid Ranger

Rabid Ranger 2 is better than one

Contract manager
    He might be in the mix, although I don't think it's his time yet. One name that I've heard come up is Jed Ortmeyer. He's not a household name, but he is a key role player for the Rangers who is playing very well right now in a variety of roles.

3. Modano
    Weight
    Tkachuk
    Guerin
    Roenick
    Drury
    Gomez
    Gionta
    Cole
    Halpern
    Blake
    Conroy
    Langenbrunner

These players are all ahead of Kesler in my opinion. These are the players who, in my opinion, should be the 13 forwards that U.S.A. takes.

If they were to take a young guy, Parise and Brown would both probably be taken ahead of Kesler.

4. SkateLikeTheWind

SkateLikeTheWind Registered User

I agree on all the players you listed except Halpern. I don't see what is so good about this guy? Leadership? Experience? He has 1 goal this season despite getting tons of ice time with the Caps. I've seen him play several times this season and has not impressed me at all.

I would like to see one of Parise/Brown/Kessler take his spot. Re-checking the stats, Brown up to this point has produced the most, but I don't think one is head and shoulders above the rest.

5. FisticufsFred22

FisticufsFred22 Registered User

Home Page:
    He's got a bunch of assists and is one of the best defensive fowards in the game. He's a great setup guy for the caps too. I think you're underestimating his value to team USA.

P.S. that's not spoken as a caps fan, but as an American. I'd be the first to say W.T.F. if I didnt like it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.