Does getting Samsonov change Tallon's thinking onthe #1?

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Once again, we apologize about him. He's done this before. He's got an undeniable man crush for Turris and Frolov. He won't be coming back to this thread. He's just on autopilot in his own little world.

VladNYC*

Once again, we apologize about him. He's done this before. He's got an undeniable man crush for Turris and Frolov. He won't be coming back to this thread. He's just on autopilot in his own little world.

Me? I don't even know who Turris is and i have never said one word about frolov in the 2 years i have been here.

supervillains10

Sep 12, 2006
Vancouver, BC
Those trying to find reasons as why Sammy failed in montreal are no better than him...you're all looking in the wrong direction. The one and only responsible person for the atrocious season is named Sergei Samsonov. He is an idiot and anyone trying to defend him is no better.

First of all, Samsonov was only 2-3 even strength points back of Koivu and Kovalev's totals before he started getting benched... but don't get me started on that.

Samsonov is still an unbelievable talent and just needs to find the "right fit", whether it's a team, system, or a player that he works well with. I think that a stuggling CHI team looking for offense (plus Havlat) is just what he needs.

Just look at Teemu Selanne or Marty Straka as examples: Two great players that were considered injury prone and were on the decline. Both bounced around to a couple different teams and everyone thought their careers were finished. Look what happened when they found their niche, in ANA and NYR respectively.

Look out for him in CHI next year. And, don't be sore... sometimes a player just doesn't work out on your team.

Complaining Customer

Aug 23, 2005
When you know nothing, you don't say a word

Simple rule. Know nothing? silence.

Sammy wasted every opportunity offered to him.

Those trying to find reasons as why Sammy failed in montreal are no better than him...you're all looking in the wrong direction. The one and only responsible person for the atrocious season is named Sergei Samsonov. He is an idiot and anyone trying to defend him is no better.

Wow, what a stupid response. The guy had a few points: 1) Samsonov was very good before coming to Mtl, and 2) Carbo did made quite a few very bad move during the season, and he never got to correctly use any of his offensive guys. Now you tell him that he knows nothing and to shut his mouth because you don't agree with the points he makes and that seem perfectly fine (to me anyway)? And you call a player and those who like him or defend him idiots? Wow... :amazed:

And for the record, I think Samsonov, if paired with Havlat, will get at least 55 pts next year.

baboinfou

Mar 31, 2006
Wow, what a stupid response. The guy had a few points: 1) Samsonov was very good before coming to Mtl, and 2) Carbo did made quite a few very bad move during the season, and he never got to correctly use any of his offensive guys. Now you tell him that he knows nothing and to shut his mouth because you don't agree with the points he makes and that seem perfectly fine (to me anyway)? And you call a player and those who like him or defend him idiots? Wow... :amazed:

And for the record, I think Samsonov, if paired with Havlat, will get at least 55 pts next year.

I'm not sure that Oilers fans agree with you. Did you see him play during the playoffs in 2006? Edmonton's management was so impressed that they offered him no contract... Very good player indeed

Zim

Jan 19, 2006

Here is a good analysis of why Samsonov failed.

Since I haven't seen it here yet... here's the math on Samsonov's last 2 seasons:

05-06: (53 pts) PP time = 4:10 x 74 GP.... 26 PPpoints. (27 ESpts/74 GP)
06-07: (26 pts) PP time = 2:01 x 63 GP.... 4 PPpoints. (22 ESpts/63 GP)

There's really no mystery here.

He got nearly as many even strength points last season (in fewer games) as he did the season before. The only difference is that he had half the PP time in Montreal so his PP numbers took a nose dive.

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
I'm not sure that Oilers fans agree with you. Did you see him play during the playoffs in 2006? Edmonton's management was so impressed that they offered him no contract... Very good player indeed

I always heard that he was offered a contract by the Oilers but chose the Habs. Do you have a link saying that he wasn't offered a contract?

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
I'll be silent when you guys can get into the playoffs and when you start drafting and trading for players that actually fit your system and find a way to use your superstars. The Habs are a JOKE, Carbs is a joke and so are you.

Yeah what would the Canadiens, Bob Gainey or Guy Carbonneau know about making the playoffs? HFboards' "what have you done for me lately" attitude rears its ugly head once again.

Not to mention Vlad's repeated blind nationalism.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Whomever Chicago takes as their first round choice (no matter where they end up picking), that player will almost undoubtedly go straight to Norfolk to help replace all the young guys that will be coming up to the big club this year.

There is no forward that is conventionally believed to be "NHL ready" in this years draft, at best the top players in the draft will come into the league next season, most not even then.

That being said, I think Kane is still the best fit for Chicago's needs. They need a top-scoring forward, plain and simple. Taking a guy that put up 160+ last season fills that need rather nicely, and I think at this point the Hawks fans won't accept anyone else.

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Whomever Chicago takes as their first round choice (no matter where they end up picking), that player will almost undoubtedly go straight to Norfolk to help replace all the young guys that will be coming up to the big club this year.

There is no forward that is conventionally believed to be "NHL ready" in this years draft, at best the top players in the draft will come into the league next season, most not even then.

That being said, I think Kane is still the best fit for Chicago's needs. They need a top-scoring forward, plain and simple. Taking a guy that put up 160+ last season fills that need rather nicely, and I think at this point the Hawks fans won't accept anyone else.

Well, I can tell you right now that a guy like Kane won't go to Norfolk because of the age restriction on CHL players. It's either the big club or juniors. It's also extremely unlikely that a player like vanRiemsdyk or Turris will bypass college.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Well, I can tell you right now that a guy like Kane won't go to Norfolk because of the age restriction on CHL players. It's either the big club or juniors. It's also extremely unlikely that a player like vanRiemsdyk or Turris will bypass college.

Oops, you're right. Totally forgot about the 20yo requirement. I guess if they take Kane it will be a Kris Letang-like scenario, where he'll be given a shot to earn a roster spot and then be returned to London if/when he falls short.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal

And what are those very bad moves you're actually talking about? At the beginning of the year, we talked Carbo like a candidate for coach of the year when the team played with his defensive style.

But some players never showed up. If you can't adapt to a team you need go. Bye Bye. That's it.

"and he never got to correctly use any of his offensive guys" is quite idiotic. I guess everybody thought that Ryder would get 30 goals last season, Latendresse 16, Plekanec 20, Higgins 22. Those players produced under Carbonneau. Samsonov couldn't, and if Kovalev can't he can go.

Sam of Montreal

May 5, 2007

First of all, Vlad's comments were unfounded and attacked firectly a coach, and was basically saying that samsonov's failures had all to do with other people, and nothing to do with himselves. When it's not true AT ALL.

Samsonov really wasn't very good before coming to montreal...he was ok. He's been one of the overhyped guys because he was supposed to be one of the best players. but he alawys fell short, it didn't appear so much when he was playing with thornton though.

Carbo gave him every chances in the world. The thing is, Samsonov didn't only fail offensively, he totally failed defensively. He was a nuisance and never got anything going. It's not even jsut about points. It' about his overall game that wasnt up to what it should be. He played half the year on the second trio..which is way too long. He should have bene brought down way faster..but carbo gave him a chance. So those saying carbo did mistakes, I agree, but he did none with samsonov. Tell me the mistakes he did about asmsonov...give exemples instead of just saying things that means nothing.

As for Samsonov getting benched, some of you make it look like he was a victim. You "forgot" to tell that Samsonov asked to be traded in november(when he was used correctly, on the 2nd trio all the time and getting PP time...doing nothing, but given a chance)...then once again told that he was unhappy TO THE MEDIA and finally told the media he regretted signing her. The probleme is not the fact that he regretted, that's ok..but the problem is going to tell the media. That is no class to an organization who gave you 3.525M a year for you to come and do nothing. Samsonov owe's montreal because he didn't give all of his efforts to fitting in and suceeding as a habs.

ALSO, the young players we draft are really coming in their own, and vlad is saying the most idiotic comments I have ever seen on these boards. Must really hate the habs to exagerate their every flaws and hide the facts that are actually good for them. I would lvoe to see which team he chers for, jsut to see if it's actually better. Probably the leafs or the bruins:biglaugh:

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
If I was the Blackhawks, I'd take VanRiemsdyk.. Or I'd move down in the draft one or two spots and still take VanRiemsdyk
+1. Or trade down even further, to a team like Edmonton.. get two 1st Rounders for the pick. 6th, and 15th. Take Couture and have an extra pick at #15th, where they can get a solid solid D-Man.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
To the Samsonov arguements.. I'm a Habs fan.. and can admit he was treated like GARBAGE. Samsonov will score 50 - 60 PTS minimum this year.

GaryU

May 17, 2004
Schaumburg,Il
Sammy didn't fit in Montreal (not sure why they signed him, if they wanted him to play D). We, in Chicago hope he'll fit in here...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad