Does Carolina trade for a goalie

Spread Eagle

Feb 16, 2012
Flyers fan coming in peace.
with the injury to Cam Ward and thier recent success, do they trade for a another goalie?
If they do, do they trade for a backup to Ellis or someone to split time?
I know Ellis has good numbers, has had significant playing time in the past and has a decent contract, but does Carolina have enough faith in him to keep them in the playoff picture?

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
No. Justin Peters will back up Ellis. Though I think Cam's injury does make it even more likely for us to try to trade for some help on D.

Beardy*

with the injury to Cam Ward and thier recent success, do they trade for a another goalie?
I know Ellis has good numbers, has had significant playing time in the past and has a decent contract, but does Carolina have enough faith in him to keep them in the playoff picture?

Sure... we'll take Leighton off your hands...

You eat half his contract, we'll give you a low round pick, and he'll play the rest of the season in Charlotte

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Leighton and Laviolette have a man crush on each other. I don't really think JR would be one to bring him back.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC

No, but we do trade for D help (which it seems we were trying to do anyway) but with the added bonus we now overpay significantly.

Spread Eagle

Feb 16, 2012
If Carolina decides to trade for a goalie, Philadelphia would be a bad trading partner. I think the Islanders will fall out of playoff contention and if so a trade for Nabokov would be the best bet. This is all based on "if", I understand that. I don't think Carolina should make a rash decision, Ellis has looked good so far this season, and looking at Peters numbers he fits in well too.

Caje

Mar 18, 2010
Sorry to hear about Ward guys, injuries suck. Any interest in Bishop?

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
They should just sign Mike Murphy to a tryout contract.

EDIT: After reading the Ward thread, I feel like I need to clarify that this was said in jest.

Last edited:

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
I'd be willing to take a shot on someone like Bishop if he wasn't expensive. Otherwise, I would rather ride Ellis and play Peters sparingly and see what happens. Don't see the need to make a trade yet.

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
No, the Canes do not trade for a goalie. They don't have enough to offer for a goalie who would be consistently better than Ellis. A solid defenseman would be more useful right now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad