does Brule compare with Yzermen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kugel

Oct 16, 2003
Ontario, Canada
ok before everyone jumps all over me i know stevie Y is awesome and brule hasnt even been drafted, but do u think that brule could compare with a young yzermen?
i have only seen brule play a couple of times, so im not really sure. he has a good shot and so does steve. smaller players, etc.....

Mizral

Sep 20, 2002
Earth, MW
Visit site
This is the comparison I use the most. Brule I believe plays a lot like a young Yzerman, except he is perhaps more physical. He shoots, skates, and passes at a comprable level to Stevey Y. He's also a real leader on the ice, just like Stevey.

It's the physicality which sets him apart. Also, I think maybe Brule doesn't have quite the overall on-ice vision when it comes to playmaking. They are slightly different, yet very similar at the same time.

Maybe a better comparison might be Doug Weight. But Brule could be much better than Weight ever was or will be.

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Brule will find his own niche. Comparing him to Yzerman at this stage...well, it's a bit early. Brule will hit his stride sometime soon, he's a very unique player. People will be comparing prospects to Brule in the next 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->