Does anyone like Mark Mitera?

Randall Graves*

Well do any of you actually like him? it seems like not many here think much of him, and as I look back at the draft there are maybe about 2 guys I would have preferred at his draft slot. He played pretty decent at last years WJC's and I look for him to have a good year at Michigan. I love his reach and as he develops a more physical game I think he can become a good top 4 pairing dman.

So tell me what you guys like and don't like about his game.

Garp

Jul 5, 2004
Here
I saw him like two times but here are my thoughts (for what it's worth):

What I like :
-Big steady Dman
-a good reach
-a good hockey sense

What I don't like:
-Not that physical
-Doesn't seems to have big upsides (compared to the 2 Dmen taken after (Fisher and Sanguinetti))

So I think he's a safe prospect, but I don't see how he could become a 1rst paring D...

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
The guy is basically what he will be for his career. He's going to be a #3/4 guy in the NHL and be a completely solid d-man. There is hardly any upside to his game but also not much downside to it. He's fairly smart and plays very solid positionally.

Not much not to like, not much TO like.

Transported Upstater

This is the best way I can describe Mitera:

If you notice him, he's not doing his job.

Randall Graves*

Pretty much.

I've never been much impressed with him, but I still think he'll be a solid NHLer -- again, one with nearly no upside, though.
I don't know about that, he seems like a pretty smart player and smart players always tend to get the most out of their abilities. He also has a good shot but rarely uses it. I love defensemen with a long reach who think the game, of course I would still love to have Chris Summers in the pipeline ;)

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
I think Mitera will become a solid #3/#4 defenseman. He is very solid. Reminds me a bit of Jason Smith.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->