Confirmed with Link: Does anyone care about Dzingel signing? (He did. 2 yrs, 1.8 AAV post #106)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yay another swede

Same games and goals as brassard.

Last edited:

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Says he's Swedish. He grew up there?

I know he played Minor and Major Bantam, Minor Midget and Major Midget out of Illinois followed by the USHL in Nebraska and then NCAA in Ohio and he was born in Illinois so ... Who say's he's Swedish?

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Just heard about the signing.

Too much money, that's all I have to say. He'll likely be on the 3rd or 4th line most of the year. Ugh.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Maybe the results were average but Murray built a solid foundation and a flourishing pipeline that put the team in a great position. It's clear that last year's team was mostly because of Murray's work, unless you think that Dorion's acquisitions (Brassard, Burrows, Stalberg, Pyatt, Kelly) made the difference
Dorion's acquisition of Condon made the difference. Murray strapped us with Hammond.

Shruggs Peterson

Mar 1, 2017
Sven Baertschi 24 2 x 1.85 AAV
2015-16 Vancouver Canucks NHL 69 15 13 28
2016-17 Vancouver Canucks NHL 68 18 17 35

Dzingel 25 2 x 1.8 AAV
2016-17 Ottawa Senators NHL 81 14 18 32

Probably the best contract to compare to is Baertschi in Van. He get's top 6 minutes (albeit on a team that can't score) and put up similar points to Dzingel.

Thought one year would've been better so they could revisit in a year to see if he progressed but it's a good enough deal.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I know he played Minor and Major Bantam, Minor Midget and Major Midget out of Illinois followed by the USHL in Nebraska and then NCAA in Ohio and he was born in Illinois so ... Who say's he's Swedish?

Maybe my mistake? But I'm pretty certain he said something about this before. Could be settled through twitter I guess unless someone knows the interview.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Maybe my mistake? But I'm pretty certain he said something about this before. Could be settled through twitter I guess unless someone knows the interview.

Maybe he said it jokingly.

But no, he is not in any way Swedish. Him playing for the USA nationally answers that, along with being born in, and playing his whole childhood and career in the USA.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Maybe he said it jokingly.

But no, he is not in any way Swedish. Him playing for the USA nationally answers that, along with being born in, and playing his whole childhood and career in the USA.

Well, the name Dzingel is apparently Czech, so.... idk.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Dzingel is part swede for sure, he said he was swedish in one of those senstv interviews.

Evidence for American
Born in Illinois
Played minor hockey in Illinois
Played junior hockey in the United States Hockey League
Played in Ohio State in the NCAA
Played for the United States at the World Junior A challenge
His girlfriend, from the US, living in Columbus
Lives in the United Syates in the offseason
His Father Rick was a baseball star from Illinois who played NCAA at Lousianna Tech
His mother Linda and her relatives live in Illinois (not sure where she was from originally)
Referred to as an American by every announcer/broadcaster
Common sense

Evidence for Swedish
A possible comment without context in a SensTV interview

Last edited:

GWNR

Dec 10, 2013
Ottawa, Ontario
Evidence for American
Born in Illinois
His Father Rick was a baseball star from Illinois who played NCAA at Lousianna Tech
His mother Linda and her relatives live in Illinois (not sure where she was from originally)
Common sense

Evidence for Swedish

That one made me chuckle

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Evidence for American
Born in Illinois
Common sense

Evidence for Swedish
Saw him at IKEA

:nod:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Dorion's acquisition of Condon made the difference. Murray strapped us with Hammond.

Strapped is kind of strong considering Hammond's salary is only $1.35 mil & GF has him making $325K in the minors. I imagine if he is loaned out that someone might pick up that amount. I just don't see how Ottawa is strapped with Hammond, they have been able to do whatever they want with signings so far, it has not hampered them at all, quite minor, in fact.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Of course, acquiring a goalie like Condon was a must, but any GM can do that with the goalie market as it is. We saw a guy like Condon literally on waivers a few weeks before Dorion gave a 5th to get him. Not a big deal, but let's not act like it was a genius move. It was necessary move because Anderson went through extraordinary family circumstances and Hammond hasn't been able to stay healthy to save his life for 2 straight years. Anybody with a bit of awareness could see that.

That being said, Condon played a whooping 61:17 in the playoffs with a 3.92 GAA and 0.875 SV%

So you also missed the whole point.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Of course, acquiring a goalie like Condon was a must, but any GM can do that with the goalie market as it is. We saw a guy like Condon literally on waivers a few weeks before Dorion gave a 5th to get him. Not a big deal, but let's not act like it was a genius move. It was necessary move because Anderson went through extraordinary family circumstances and Hammond hasn't been able to stay healthy to save his life for 2 straight years. Anybody with a bit of awareness could see that.

That being said, Condon played a whooping 61:17 in the playoffs with a 3.92 GAA and 0.875 SV%

So you also missed the whole point.
You just missed the biggest reason we made the playoffs.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
You just missed the biggest reason we made the playoffs.

lol ok

Condon : 19-14-6, 2.50 GAA, 0.914 SV%
Anderson : 25-11-4, 2.28 GAA, 0.928 SV%

Condon has been excellent in some games but also ****ed the bed in several other games, that's why he has pedestrian numbers. Condon is a pretty average NHL goalie who helped us "SURVIVE" while Andy was dealing with family stuff. Yes, it's great that we still made the playoffs despite him playing 40 games. That's because the Sens do not rely on goaltending to win games, unlike the Habs who finished 9th last the year before with Condon starting 55 games because of Price's injury.

Saying Condon was the biggest reason we made the playoffs shows your lack of understanding about what happens with this team. The thing you have to understand is that many other goalies could have done the job (ex : Peter Budaj with the Kings), it's just happens that his name is Mike Condon.

I think this debate is pretty much over because I don't see any possible reply.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
lol ok

Condon : 19-14-6, 2.50 GAA, 0.914 SV%
Anderson : 25-11-4, 2.28 GAA, 0.928 SV%

Condon has been excellent in some games but also ****ed the bed in several other games, that's why he has pedestrian numbers. Condon is a pretty average NHL goalie who helped us "SURVIVE" while Andy was dealing with family stuff. Yes, it's great that we still made the playoffs despite him playing 40 games. That's because the Sens do not rely on goaltending to win games, unlike the Habs who finished 9th last the year before with Condon starting 55 games because of Price's injury.

Saying Condon was the biggest reason we made the playoffs shows your lack of understanding about what happens with this team. The thing you have to understand is that many other goalies could have done the job (ex : Peter Budaj with the Kings), it's just happens that his name is Mike Condon.

I think this debate is pretty much over because I don't see any possible reply.
Condon did the exact same thing Hammond did with this team needed a lift. He gave this team stability in order for them make the playoffs. You forgot to add him with Dorion's other acquisitions and now are trying to back track trying diminish his contribution. All I said is Dorion's acquisition of Condon made the difference and you feel the need to go on and on about how you weren't wrong. You bring up other goalies, other teams, instead of focusing just on what he did for a stretch of games that got us into the playoffs. Your problem is you criticize people for their opinion and always try to prove them wrong instead of just standing behind your own. And on top of it you make very rude comments to people. Grow the **** up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->