Does anybody else think the lockout will go 24 months?

Status
Not open for further replies.

YellHockey*

Vlad The Impaler said:
If someone who claims to enjoy hockey would prefer no lockout, a great disparity between markets, players sitting on their lazy asses asking for raise, 20 out of 30 owners losing money and no stabilty because weaker markets continually have to dump players, then he simply does not know what's good for the game he claims to enjoy.

A lockout is the worst for a hockey fan. There's nothing to watch for now and the forseeable future.

There was a level playing field on the ice for all markets under the previous CBA. A team's success was based upon the ability of its management.

Players will always use sitting out as a negotiating strategy. There are ways around that that don't involve using a cap. The next CBA could include a cutoff date where if a player isn't signed by that time, he isn't eligible to play in the NHL that year.

Who cares if hockey teams are "losing" money? If they can't operate profitably they'll have to hire better people to run the team. How many hockey fans get a piece of the action when a team makes money?

Weaker markets have to continually dump players? Define weaker markets. Most teams dump players. The Devils have dumped plenty of players. The Avalanche have dumped many players.

Losing markets have to dump players but why should they keep them if they can't win with them? The same thing happens in junior leagues except the fans don't win about inequities. They call it rebuilding.

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
Vlad The Impaler said:
The Expos left because we're not a baseball town.

Baseball is a highly profitable activity (I hesitate to call that fat ass joke a sport) for most town. Here it simply didn't work. Hockey is not a profitable sport right now for too many markets. It's really as simple as that.

It's the best sport on the planet and one of the most noble too. It deserves much better as far as stability, parity and health. There may be markets in which hockey will leave but just like the Expos, it will be because loss of interest. Their loss.

I highly doubt fans who care enough to register on a hockey *prospect site* will leave in massive amounts.

Hockey will have a couple of years to rebuild or even augment/renew their fanbase. What's more, this conflict is the ONLY way we can attempt to fix most of the incoherence in hockey that simply shouldn't exist. It's worth it.

If someone who claims to enjoy hockey would prefer no lockout, a great disparity between markets, players sitting on their lazy asses asking for raise, 20 out of 30 owners losing money and no stabilty because weaker markets continually have to dump players, then he simply does not know what's good for the game he claims to enjoy.

I'm with you a 100% on all you just said, my point was not that I would not follow hockey when they do play again, I will be there count on it. My point was that hockey is to Florida (just one of many places) the same thing has Baseball is to Montreal...The NHL should expect a loss of interest from some fans who where just starting to love the game (has we where starting to love baseball before the lockout has are Expos where having a good chance of winning it all). I really think this is obvious anyway, so I will not get into more details...The only thing I was stating before was the fact that I will not buy tickets to go support my favorite team, it's just too expensive anyway. I remember a time where I was actually buying tickets for the finals at 20$ each. It's just crazy now and the worst part is that even with a new CBA there is NO WAY the tickets price will go down....But they already lost me a while ago so who cares...If only more persons would think the same then maybe the ticket prices would lower......

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
CRAZY_FAN said:
If only more persons would think the same then maybe the ticket prices would lower......

I happily spend $75+ per game to watch the Canucks... My buddies and I go to a restaurant before the game - watch the Canucks play (far more often then not, we end up purchasing a very entertaining game) - and then go for a couple of drinks after to discuss the game we just saw... We do this at least 20 times a season... It's a great night out, without the wives/girlfriends (and they like it because it doesn't usually involve strippers or nudity)... As we are getting older, it's the only time we seem to be able to get together...

If the Canucks were a sh***y team (or a 'trap' team), We probably wouldn't spend over $75 on tickets for a regular season game (we're looking for a good time out - not necessarily to watch the Canucks win - that's always the preference - but we pay the $ to watch the Canucks play entertaining hockey - while giving us an excuse to get together)... I imagine we would spend about $30 or so on a sh***y or trap Canucks team... We love the Canucks - but if we're going to spend decent $, we absolutely want to be entertained... We could get together and watch the game at a bar instead (that's a much cheaper, Canuck fan entertainment alternative)...

And we generally refuse to buy $75+ tickets to games that involve 'trapping' teams... If we go to these games, we try and get the cheap seats - or don't go at all...

Is it wrong that my buddies and me are willing to spend decent $ to go to a Canucks game? Surely, you don't hold any ill-will towards us - do you?

CRAZY_FAN

Aug 26, 2002
Quebec
I in the Eye said:
Is it wrong that my buddies and me are willing to spend decent $ to go to a Canucks game? Surely, you don't hold any ill-will towards us - do you?

I'm pretty sure you understand what I mean, but just in case...What is your base salary? If you can pay 75$ for a game + all the extra good for you...! My point was for all the normal family, some average guy who works is a** off all week not getting a decent salary and will never be able to bring his 3 sons to a hockey game !!! (1 adult + 3 child = 300$ + lunch = Too much for a hockey game you can catch on TV)

Hope this helps

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
CRAZY_FAN said:
I'm pretty sure you understand what I mean, but just in case...What is your base salary?

Less than a hockey player ;)

CRAZY_FAN said:
My point was for all the normal family, some average guy who works is a** off all week not getting a decent salary and will never be able to bring his 3 sons to a hockey game !!! (1 adult + 3 child = 300$ + lunch = Too much for a hockey game you can catch on TV)

Hope this helps

I see where you're coming from now...

When the Canucks suck once again, IMO, there will be much more opportunity for families to attend games (reduced demand, reduced price)... In the meantime, the Dad can buy his 3 sons replica jerseys, hockey cards, and spend quality family time watching the Canucks infront of the TV (or together listening to the game on the radio)... while perhaps going to a game every season or two (maybe during a 'family appreciation' night)...

Some of the best memories I have with my Dad and bro growing up involved Hockey Night in Canada, and together watching the Canucks on TV... We only went to a few games in my years growing up - and it didn't matter (I don't feel hard done by at all)... My bro and I are die-hard Canuck fans, and I think that the 'family time' we spent together following the Canucks on TV and the radio had a lot to do with it...

Feb 12, 2003
The sad thing, and it probably starts at the top of the league with Bettman, is that the teams don't really care who buys the tickets, as long as they buy the tickets. I perhaps speak too generally on that statement, but I believe it largely to be true. It'd be nice to see the NHL address it's hardcore audience more often, but they are the same group who is taken for granted. The same dollar that comes out of the family's pocket is just as good as the dollar that comes out of the CEO's pocket.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
BlackRedGold said:
A lockout is the worst for a hockey fan. There's nothing to watch for now and the forseeable future.

Yeah, that's the downside of taking needed drastic measures.

BlackRedGold said:
There was a level playing field on the ice for all markets under the previous CBA. A team's success was based upon the ability of its management.

I don't believe that. Not at all. I believe you can manage to win in some situations despite being behind in ressources. But it's not an equal playing field. I am a damn good swimmer and I can probably give most guys a head start and still finish before most of them but it is still not an equal playing field. An equal playing field is when everybody has equal basic chances and then use their abilities to win.

BlackRedGold said:
Players will always use sitting out as a negotiating strategy. There are ways around that that don't involve using a cap. The next CBA could include a cutoff date where if a player isn't signed by that time, he isn't eligible to play in the NHL that year.

Precisely. I am not a diehard for caps, BTW. In fact, I have expressed mitigated feelings about caps in the past. I am, however, for the owners mopping the floor with the players, which unfortunately will not happen in these negociations, IMO.

Anything to make life difficult for them is a plus. There's too many outs for them right now which is hurting the product.

BlackRedGold said:
Who cares if hockey teams are "losing" money? If they can't operate profitably they'll have to hire better people to run the team. How many hockey fans get a piece of the action when a team makes money?

All of them, because they get a NHL team. Your statement is terribly shortsighted. A non-profitable company has to find ways to stay in business. If it can't under a certain climate, they pack their bags. It's a s simple as that.

Nobody is crying for the owners, here.

I have a favorite restaurant about 5 minutes walk from here. I live in a (mainly) residential area pretty far from downtown, where all the action and most of the good places are. I don't give a rat's ass about the owner of the small restaurant but it is in my interest that he makes enough money to keep the place open, offer me quality food and a good ambiance. When things become too difficult he could have to lower the quality of his product or worse, close shop. Then I'm ****ed and have to go downtown to eat non-crap.

No thanks.

BlackRedGold said:
Weaker markets have to continually dump players? Define weaker markets. Most teams dump players. The Devils have dumped plenty of players. The Avalanche have dumped many players.

The Devils' salary mass has continued to grow alarmingly the last few years, despite letting go of guys like that bloodsucking Holik. The salary mass is through the roof and their franchise is in peril.

Yet fans have said for years that they are an example that you can make this CBA work. You can't.

Sens have also been used as an example. This is, again, a franchise that has had HUGE financial concern, is on shaky ground and each year doesn't stand a SINGLE chance to win the cup because they can't add the missing pieces they need.

You can twist things and say the Avs have been dumping player but the reality is, their payroll is immensely flexible and they have ADDED payroll and talent almost continually. They're not dumping, they're acquiring.

BlackRedGold said:
Losing markets have to dump players but why should they keep them if they can't win with them? The same thing happens in junior leagues except the fans don't win about inequities. They call it rebuilding.

How do we know they can't win with them? We can't, because they have to dump before they are finished building. How do you know what the Oilers would look like right now? Or any team that has dumped players.

I dunno, I think the Sabres would have had a better track record with Hasek and Peca, for instance. This frenzy of dumping players the minute you don't win has to stop. It's AWFUL for the sport and the #1 reason pro sports have become less enjoyable. Too many trades, not enough staying power. Fans can't grow to like athletes anymore and it has become an era where we all freak out when a loser like Daneyko ends his career with the same team that drafted him. When this should be COMMON PLACE.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
GoCoyotes said:
The sad thing, and it probably starts at the top of the league with Bettman, is that the teams don't really care who buys the tickets, as long as they buy the tickets. I perhaps speak too generally on that statement, but I believe it largely to be true. It'd be nice to see the NHL address it's hardcore audience more often, but they are the same group who is taken for granted. The same dollar that comes out of the family's pocket is just as good as the dollar that comes out of the CEO's pocket.

That is true. I believe they will start to address this if/when they solve CBA issues for good.

There have been preliminary steps in that direction. Many teams now have "floating price points". That is a start. Some tickets are cheaper against certain teams that draw less, enabling hockey fans to go watch a game (even if sadly, not against top competition). There are family packages, some I found attractive others not.

It's a very small step but I am hoping it leads to more marketing solutions, more solutions that let fans watch their team.

It is in the interest of the NHL to do a better job at "grabbing" fans and maintain interest. They also need to create new generations of fans, especially in some newer markets.

Hockey needs to be accessible.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
GoCoyotes said:
It'd be nice to see the NHL address it's hardcore audience more often, but they are the same group who is taken for granted.

Doesn't the NHL already address the hardcore audience (of all disposable spending power levels) by putting the majority of games on TV and the radio?

I agree that it would be nice to have more 'family appreciation nights', etc... But realistically, how many games will a Dad who has 3 sons go to in a season? IMO, one or two max - regardless if the Dad can afford to take his sons to more...

IMHO, the 'family' should be a main Canuck target market for merchandise (i.e. children's clothing, toys, etc.) - but not an important target market for gate revenue... Families just don't have the time (or desire) to consistently go out for entertainment - thus the boom in home entertainment systems... Make the games accessible to families once in a while, but not very often...

Kind of ironic that this is my 666 post :innocent:

Feb 12, 2003
You are evil! J/K :lol:

I understand your point, but I don't really think that most teams care who is packing their arena as long as it is packed. It's a business, and that's their choice to make, but I think a lot of the hardcore audience loses out on better opportunities because of the catering to the casual crowd. All the die hard fans who probably don't get playoff tickets because they are out of their price range and so on. Like Vlad mentioned, there are some affordable opportunities, but they are not necessarily the best product available either, they are for a watered down product.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
GoCoyotes said:
You are evil! J/K :lol:

I understand your point, but I don't really think that most teams care who is packing their arena as long as it is packed. It's a business, and that's their choice to make, but I think a lot of the hardcore audience loses out on better opportunities because of the catering to the casual crowd. All the die hard fans who probably don't get playoff tickets because they are out of their price range and so on. Like Vlad mentioned, there are some affordable opportunities, but they are not necessarily the best product available either, they are for a watered down product.

IMHO, a target market that the NHL should formally go after is die hard fans who are university and college students... Right now, they don't have a lot of money... But they have the potential to one day end up with a good to great job... and if the NHL team is good to them - IMO, they're more likely to one day become regular 'game goers' or perhaps even better, season ticket holders...

I'd have semi-regular 'University/College Appreciation Nights' where tickets are half-priced to those who present a valid student card... I'd also give them student discounts on 'game packs' and merchandise...

Edit: As for the watered down product (that often comes with more affordable opportunities), chances are the University students will be drunk anyways... and kids have just as much fun with the box the toy came in, as they do with the toy itself ;) IMO, kids would be happy just being at a game...

Last edited:

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
I in the Eye said:
Doesn't the NHL already address the hardcore audience (of all disposable spending power levels) by putting the majority of games on TV and the radio?

I agree that it would be nice to have more 'family appreciation nights', etc... But realistically, how many games will a Dad who has 3 sons go to in a season? IMO, one or two max - regardless if the Dad can afford to take his sons to more...

IMHO, the 'family' should be a main Canuck target market for merchandise (i.e. children's clothing, toys, etc.) - but not an important target market for gate revenue... Families just don't have the time (or desire) to consistently go out for entertainment - thus the boom in home entertainment systems... Make the games accessible to families once in a while, but not very often...

Kind of ironic that this is my 666 post :innocent:

You're making some good points but there are *different* kind of hardcore audiences, IMHO. Very subtle nuances leading to very different perspective. If you're a kid and love your team, you're probably content to watch on TV. But if you're a kid and play hockey, you probably are dying to go watch live, it's unbeatable. You want to hear the skates on the ice, see and hear the referee, hear the crowd.

I'm a musician, not a hockey player. I love following hockey on TV. I prefer live but TV will do. But for music, live concerts on TV are totally lacking. I love arenas, I love being near the mixers, go from place to place in the arena, hear the crowd roar and I even enjoy the soundchecks.

A lot of the "total experience" of a given event is behind the curtain, so to speak. Live events, in my experience, are also often the place where you get hooked on something.

It's really a way to create a new generation of fans, and possibly help create a generation of players in the US. We're going to see more and more american kids being drafted because there's been tremendous exposure to hockey.

And it's not just games. IMO, teams need to be active in the community, hockey needs to be out there for people to try.

Anyway, my 2 cents.

I in the Eye

Drop a ball it falls
Dec 14, 2002
Vlad The Impaler said:
If you're a kid and love your team, you're probably content to watch on TV. But if you're a kid and play hockey, you probably are dying to go watch live, it's unbeatable. You want to hear the skates on the ice, see and hear the referee, hear the crowd.

'Minor Hockey Appreciation Nights' :) ... But we can't fool these kids with discounts to watered down games... These kids get discounts on the good stuff...

Edit: Also, if the parents can afford to put their kids in hockey (a very expensive sport), then IMO, they can afford to take their kids to an NHL game once in a while... But I would give them a discount certain nights nonetheless - after all, they are hockey's future (no pun intended)... The more passionate these kids are towards hockey, the better...

Last edited:

YellHockey*

Vlad The Impaler said:
I don't believe that. Not at all. I believe you can manage to win in some situations despite being behind in ressources. But it's not an equal playing field. I am a damn good swimmer and I can probably give most guys a head start and still finish before most of them but it is still not an equal playing field. An equal playing field is when everybody has equal basic chances and then use their abilities to win.

Who doesn't have a chance? The team that seems to be most disadvantaged under the current CBA is the Rangers. They're the team, with the exception of the recent expansion teams, that's gone the longest without making the playoffs. Do we need to take drastic measures to help out the Rangers who are the worst team on the ice over the course of the CBA and, from published reports, off the ice financially?

Name the teams that are have an unfair playing field. The western Canadian teams have a case because of their travel schedule but a CBA isn't going to change that. Other than that, who is at a disadvantage? Any team can rebuild to turn a bad team into a top team, just like the Devils, Avalanche, Red Wings, Senators and Lightning all did.

All of them, because they get a NHL team. Your statement is terribly shortsighted. A non-profitable company has to find ways to stay in business. If it can't under a certain climate, they pack their bags. It's a s simple as that.

No, it isn't as simple as that.

What kind of company shuts down if it isn't profitable without first trying to sell it off?

Case in point, a junior hockey team had been going through a rough spell. The team, while not in danger of folding, wasn't exactly a financial powerhouse. Attendance, although not bad, wasn't great. Ownership decided to get out of the hockey business and sold the team. New ownership came in and promoted the heck out of the team and the Ottawa 67's became the model franchise in junior hockey, setting attendance records and winning championships.

I have a favorite restaurant about 5 minutes walk from here. I live in a (mainly) residential area pretty far from downtown, where all the action and most of the good places are. I don't give a rat's ass about the owner of the small restaurant but it is in my interest that he makes enough money to keep the place open, offer me quality food and a good ambiance. When things become too difficult he could have to lower the quality of his product or worse, close shop. Then I'm ****ed and have to go downtown to eat non-crap.

Bad example.

Suppose your restaurant is doing a good business but that he's hired his former chef to run the place. The guy was terrific in the kitchen but he's never run a business before. He's hired some bad employees which have made business suffer and he's overpaid some employees because he's not used to negotiating.

Do you shut the business down or do you fire the over-his-head manager?

The Devils' salary mass has continued to grow alarmingly the last few years, despite letting go of guys like that bloodsucking Holik. The salary mass is through the roof and their franchise is in peril.

The Devils have two problems.

One, they're in an outdated rink. It has few suites, is in a brutal location and the place just doesn't cut it in today's NHL.

Two, ownership bought the team at the peak of its value. Imagine its 2000 and you make an average salary but you want to make more money. You decide to take out a big loan and buy a bunch of tech stocks since everyone is making tons of money off of them. A couple of years later and you'd be in financial trouble, not because of your income, but because you're paying off your loan for a bunch of stocks that are worth a small percentage of the value you purchased them for. Devils ownership paid a pretty penny for the team because they thought revenues would continue to increase dramatically (they've stabilized instead) and thought they could profit from synergy's with the Yankees and Nets (didn't happen because their competitor owns the Devils' tv contract and wouldn't let them out of it).

Sens have also been used as an example. This is, again, a franchise that has had HUGE financial concern, is on shaky ground and each year doesn't stand a SINGLE chance to win the cup because they can't add the missing pieces they need.

Garbage.

The biggest problem with the Sens was the debt accumulated because Bryden never invested any capital in the club. He had a complicated shell game going and couldn't get the breaks he needed to keep control of the franchise even though overall operations with the team and rink were profitable. When he lost control of the club, he was pushed out of control of the rink. The new owner wiped the debt clean and the whole operation makes plenty of money. If Vancouver can make $25M last year, the Senators can make at least half of that.

As for adding the missing pieces, what the Sens needed last year wasn't available for any amount of money. There were no goalies available.

Money is not a problem for the Sens.

You can twist things and say the Avs have been dumping player but the reality is, their payroll is immensely flexible and they have ADDED payroll and talent almost continually. They're not dumping, they're acquiring.

They've given up Fleury, Klemm, DeVries, Ricci, Ozolnish, Reinprecht, Keith Jones, Nolan, Deadmarsh, Norstrom, Denis, Keane, Simon, Claude Lemieux, Krupp, Yelle, Young, Drury, Miller, Morris, etc

How many teams have given up that much talent?

How much better would the Avalanche have been if they could have kept most of those players?

How do we know they can't win with them? We can't, because they have to dump before they are finished building. How do you know what the Oilers would look like right now? Or any team that has dumped players.

It is simple. When the Oilers dump a player he is usually in decline. Did the Blues get better when they got Weight or the Islanders when they got Niiniimaa?

I dunno, I think the Sabres would have had a better track record with Hasek and Peca, for instance. This frenzy of dumping players the minute you don't win has to stop. It's AWFUL for the sport and the #1 reason pro sports have become less enjoyable. Too many trades, not enough staying power. Fans can't grow to like athletes anymore and it has become an era where we all freak out when a loser like Daneyko ends his career with the same team that drafted him. When this should be COMMON PLACE.

Why did they trade Peca? Because he and the team disagreed on his worth. If Connolly or Pyatt had panned out this wouldn't have been a big deal

As for Hasek, they have three goalies looking for ice team on a team that appeared to have peaked. They weren't a legitimate contender anymore and that's why Hasek wanted out.

Do you think a cap, which is what the owners want, will improve player stability? It won't. It'll make players move around even more. A team gets too good and it can't have players become lifetime employees because they have to make decisions in order to stay under the cap. Detroit doesn't get to see Yzerman and Lidstrom be lifetime wings. Nor does Colorado get to see Sakic, Foote and Forsberg become lifetime Avalanche/Nordiques.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Vlad The Impaler said:
I don't think it is stupid. Just futile and misguided.

If you're taking a stance because of some reaction to the fact these people are fortunate, rich, etc. then good luck with that. You must be taking a crapload of stances as a consumer and live like a monk.

If you're taking a stance because the league's balance is broken, you're too late for that. The lockout is there precisely to try and fix that.

Hmmm... ok, so it's the money thing. What, exactly, do you plan to buy from now on? Newsflash: it's the same situation everywhere. The monitor on which you are reading my post. The keyboard on which you will type a response. The breakfast you had today. The chair you're sitting in. Your clothes, your soap, your movie ticket, your shampoo.

What are you gonna do about it?

Nah, won't happen. We're precisely in this mess because 10 years ago the NHL worried too much about whiners like you and ended up paying through the nose as a result.

Smart fans know we need to crush the players and smart fans are willing to wait as long as it takes to have a more enjoyable, less quirky NHL.

You want a quick fix like last time? Your problem. You can rot as far as I'm concerned. I'm willing to wait as long as it takes if it means a more enjoyable NHL.

Besides, the longer the conflict the better I think the owners' chances are. I'm guessing any loss of fanbase will be easily overcome once the NHL is healthy. There's a world of people waiting to be exposed to this kickass game and a lot of potential.

If they fix what doesn't work, you can bet that interest will go up sooner than later.

I just think it's unfortunate that someone who suggests he is enjoying hockey, enjoying watching hockey live, enjoying hockey video games is going to stay home and punish himself if the owners have the balls FOR ONCE, to try to fix this stinking mess.

I'm just wondering how many such stances you've taken in your life and how many you will take if that is your philosophy on things.

It's not a "money thing," per se. It's a respect thing. I don't care that they are rich. I care that they are not making any effort to provide their product to me because they are too greedy (or insert whatever reason you want) to care about me, their consumer, their fan. There is no good reason for a lockout to last two years. The only reason it could last that long is if neither side attempted to bargain in good faith, and that both sides entirely disregarded the fans of the game. They will not have been trying to "fix" anything, but just attempting to grab or keep the lion's share of a very large monetary pie. They will be entirely disrespecting the consumer, the fan, me.

This is where your analogy to computers, soap, blah blah blah doesn't fit. It's on the shelves. I can go and get soap. The producers of soap, while wanting money also don't let that get in the way of actually putting the soap on the shelf. I could care less what they do to put it there. It's there.

I also think we have vastly different views on what this lockout will accomplish, regardless of who "wins." I don't think it will matter what a salary cap is at, how much an owner can spend, etc. The real problems with the game are not in the wallet, but on the ice and restricting a team's salary isn't going to clean up the clutch/grab/tackle mess that we have been subjected to as hockey.

And I do believe a long term lockout will damage fan support, regardless of the quality of product put on the ice whenever they get back. There is a trust between a sport and its fans that is different from nearly any other product and its consumers. A long labor stoppage, such as two years, would severely damage that trust, imo. You ask what other stands I have taken? I didn't go to a baseball game or buy an MLB product for six years after their cancelling of a World Series, and I certainly wasn't alone then, either. Baseball has made a comeback. But with hockey's irrelevance to large segments of the US, especially in non-traditional markets, I would not be confident in many of its teams being able to hold on. Other, more traditional sports would gain a stronger foothold and hockey simply wouldn't garner the media attention to lure lost fans back.

Hesdeadjim

Mar 23, 2002
At the rink
Visit site
In LA, Nobody Even Knows There's A Lockout

You wanna know what sucks about living in L.A.?
The lockout is never even mentioned. I swear, I have friends who ask me when the first Kings game is gonna be (I'm a season ticket holder). When I tell them a lockout's going on, they're surprised to hear it.
I can imagine this thing going on for months and the casual fan won't even know the season hasn't even started.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->