Does any young goalie...

Status
Not open for further replies.

silver_made*

hold a candle to kari lehtonen, or is he far and away the best young goalie coming up. i will define an up-and-coming goaltender as any goalie who has never served as a starter for at least 1 season.

Russian_fanatic

Jan 19, 2004
silver_made said:
hold a candle to kari lehtonen, or is he far and away the best young goalie coming up. i will define an up-and-coming goaltender as any goalie who has never served as a starter for at least 1 season.

Fleury is running along side with Lehtonen just watch, Lehtonen had 4 great starts, but Fleury was one of the better goalies in the league for around 1 or 2 months, then he started to wear down cause of his defense.

college hockey

Jun 8, 2004
Maine
hockey_in_hel* said:
Ty Conklin is going to be good! He was practically the starter last year for Edmonton anyway. He played very well for Team USA in the World Championships last year too!!!

-Tyler
I thought the topic was Young goalies? He's 28 years old.

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
For what it's worth, McKeen's ranks Marek Schwarz the 10th-best goalie prospect around, and every goalie prospect ranked ahead of Schwarz (except Al Montoya) is already playing pro, some in their third season...

P_B

:bow: :blues

NYRangers

Aug 11, 2004
Prussian_Blue said:
For what it's worth, McKeen's ranks Marek Schwarz the 10th-best goalie prospect around, and every goalie prospect ranked ahead of Schwarz (except Al Montoya) is already playing pro, some in their third season...

P_B

Lundqvist was ahead of him too. So thats two.

Vinland

Dec 3, 2004
King of Vinland
Prussian_Blue said:

P_B

Lol I wouldn't take that as the bible

Prussian_Blue

Apr 9, 2003
futurenotes.blogspot.com
NYRangers said:
Lundqvist was ahead of him too. So thats two.

Lundqvist is a third-year pro in Sweden. So that's still only one.

And yes, I know Schwarz played pro in the CR last year... for half the season. He was on the Sparta junior team for a large part of the year, too.

And no, I don't take McKeen's as "the bible" by any means. Just reporting what's out there.

Why does it seem as though there's some big push now to discount Schwarz as a legitimate top goalie prospect? It wouldn't be because of the team that drafted him, would it... ;)

P_B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->