Eisdork

Jan 19, 2013
-
Last edited:

Urbanskog

Platinum Member
Feb 8, 2014
Helsinki
That's pretty cool. I have understood that ice hockey has a long history in parts of India, too bad it's such an expensive sport for an average Indian to play.

Eisdork

Jan 19, 2013
-
That's pretty cool. I have understood that ice hockey has a long history in parts of India, too bad it's such an expensive sport for an average Indian to play.

It seems to be played only in the Indian Himalayan region Ladakh. That's also where the newly established (2009) Indian National Team is located. Except for the rink in Leh they only play on natural ice and unfortunately their hockey season is getting shorter. They can only play 3 months a year.

BladesofSTEELwFIRE

Feb 15, 2010
It seems to be played only in the Indian Himalayan region Ladakh. That's also where the newly established (2009) Indian National Team is located. Except for the rink in Leh they only play on natural ice and unfortunately their hockey season is getting shorter. They can only play 3 months a year.

I'm surprised it's even that long! I've been to India and it's very hot although I didn't go that far north. I love natural ice and outdoor ice and I wish they did it more in the NHL and I don't mean with the stupid glass there.

True outdoor pond rinks have no glass! They could pile up a few feet of snow around the rink to deflect pucks but the stupid plexiglass ruins the beauty of an outdoor rink.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad