Doan vs Morrow

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flyguy_1ca

Apr 12, 2005
BC, Canada
Shane Doan:

34 Games 6 Goals 16 Assists -7

Assets Has great size and loves to throw it around. Is an excellent two-way player and is extremely durable. Still has untapped goal-scoring potential.

Flaws Must continue to work on the mental aspects of the game, if he is ever to raise his offensive production significantly.

Career potential Power forward.

Brendan Morrow:

31 Games 10 Goals 17 Assists +9

Assets Knows how to handle the physical game and is extremely hard to knock off the puck. Will pay the price to score goals and also has sound defensive qualities.

Flaws Has to avoid taking bad penalties. Must do a better job of finishing off plays in order to take his game to another level.

Career potential Power forward.

Why go Doan?

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Chemistry with Draper on the checking line, for one thing. They've excelled together at two tournaments.

Also, remember that Doan was part of a dominant checking line at the World Cup. Morrow was a press box regular.

I think very, very highly of Morrow. I know some of his family. But given the choice between the two for our checking winger (along with Smyth), I'll take Doan.

Flyguy_1ca

Apr 12, 2005
BC, Canada
If they simply chose Doan over Morrow because of past chemistry with Draper...that's pretty iffy in my opinion. Chemistry changes and who's to say Morrow wouldn't play great with Draper? They should take the guy that deserves it more and is playing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad