Do you want a new GM?

Dou you want a new GM?

• Total voters

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Better than yours. Seriously, those seasons were phenomenal? Three forwards were the main reasons for success on a team that allowed 200 goals(with the implication that the offense bailed out the D when it's closer to the opposite). That any team was lucky to face Edmonton last year? Come on, man, that was awful.

Yeah they were pretty damn good seasons and RC rode Getzlaf and Kesler into the ground getting into the playoffs. Getzlaf was a PPG player and a beast down the stretch, Kesler was nominated for a Selke and Rakells finishing was awesome. He also was given a great blueline (sans Bieksa) to work with and despite his systems flaws they were good enough to overcome it.

And yeah any team was lucky to face Edmonton. Sure they had McDavid and Draisaitl but their blueline was an absolute joke, Larsson is a number 4 guy, Klefbom is a train wreck in his own zone and Sekera was hurt early in the series. That’s a good team to have to face in the second round.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Yeah they were pretty damn good seasons and RC rode Getzlaf and Kesler into the ground getting into the playoffs. Getzlaf was a PPG player and a beast down the stretch, Kesler was nominated for a Selke and Rakells finishing was awesome. He also was given a great blueline (sans Bieksa) to work with and despite his systems flaws they were good enough to overcome it.

And yeah any team was lucky to face Edmonton. Sure they had McDavid and Draisaitl but their blueline was an absolute joke, Larsson is a number 4 guy, Klefbom is a train wreck in his own zone and Sekera was hurt early in the series. That’s a good team to have to face in the second round.

Lol you're right they were pretty good seasons, using phenomenal was quite dumb, thanks for admitting it. I never said they were bad or anything, just that crediting them with the success of the team because you can't admit RC did a good job last year is lame. At least the "they were good enough to overcome him" is a step in the right direction, even if it's also wrong.

As for Edmonton, the revisionist history is great with this one. Obviously were a bit carried but the league's next great player, but we're also pretty deep, played very well all year, beat a good Sharks team and were a tough out for anyone. There's no need to do this weird revisionist history that always seems to be done with the playoffs.

Reactions: Dirk316

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
Murray is a good GM but it may be time for a change. he makes the same mistakes over and over. How many times has he committed to much money and too many years to over the hill defensemen?

Not asking Bieksa to waive his NTC at the expansion draft was a huge f***up.

Reactions: Fighter

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Lol you're right they were pretty good seasons, using phenomenal was quite dumb, thanks for admitting it. I never said they were bad or anything, just that crediting them with the success of the team because you can't admit RC did a good job last year is lame. At least the "they were good enough to overcome him" is a step in the right direction, even if it's also wrong.

As for Edmonton, the revisionist history is great with this one. Obviously were a bit carried but the league's next great player, but we're also pretty deep, played very well all year, beat a good Sharks team and were a tough out for anyone. There's no need to do this weird revisionist history that always seems to be done with the playoffs.

They were good enough to overcome him. That’s not wrong. His personnel choices are questionable, he rides his best players into the ground and his defensive system is terrible.

And Edmonton beating SJ doesn’t mean they’re not a good opponent to have. Hell their best defenseman last season would have been our number 4 guy at best.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
The loss to LA, Chicago, and Nashville.

Fair enough. I disagree about the LA loss for sure. We took the cup champs to game 7, which is very impressive, as I didn't think that roster was that great. I think that team performed over their potential personally. Our forwards that year were: Getz, Perry, Cogliano, Selanne, Koivu, Bones, Perreault, Silf, Beleskey, Maroon, Etem, and DSP. The D was Fowler, Lovejoy, Beauchemin (good Beauchemin), Fistric, Lindholm, and Allen. Hiller in goal. (Recapping roster for those too lazy to look up). There was some depth on that roster, but Koivu and Selanne were on the back 9 of their careers then. Beleskey wasn't a top 6 player then. Winning the cup with that roster would have been damn impressive by Bruce IMO. Not saying the players and coach don't share any blame, but I think being the top seed in the Pacific made that team look better than they actually were. I think this specific year was more Bruce being a damn good coach than the roster.

I agree about Chicago.

Not sure which Nashville loss you're referring too? I assume last year's team? That team was pretty good. I didn't think we were as good as some of the other powerhouse teams that year (Pittsburgh, Chicago, Columbus and Washington were better than us on paper), but there's a strong argument that our team was dang close. However, I do give Murray props for paying up a big price that deadline to boost our chances. This one's iffy I guess. I can see it though. I don't like blaming injuries because IMO, Nashville's injuries were just as bad.

So I guess I'd say there was one year (the Chicago WCF loss) where I thought we were one of the favorites, if not "the favorite". Murray should have been more aggressive at that deadline though. Aside from that, there's arguably one more year that he's iced a "favorite". With our core, some of the bargains we've had in the past, I think we should have had more contending rosters than that. I don't think blaming the budget is fair. I think it him not being aggressive enough at times. Most of his other rosters had significant holes in them. People shit on Bruce for the game 7 losses, and I get it, and agree somewhat. However, I can't help but wonder how people would have reacted if we wouldn't have been top seed in our divison and lost each time in game 7. If we're 3rd seed and lose in 6 games, does everyone still blame Bruce, or does the holes in the roster(s) get pointed out more? Vegas for example: That defense sucks ass on paper. This season they've been winning consistently because of insanely good team play and consistent hard work. Come playoff time when other teams step up their game and they lose to a lower seed; is that them choking? IMO, no. The roster just eventually gets exposed. I think people don't factor in a coach's ability to get his team to perform better than the roster actually is. I thought Bruce was/is one of the best at that. Look at Minnesota. Good roster, but nearly as good as Nashville or Winnipeg? Hell no.

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Fair enough. I disagree about the LA loss for sure. We took the cup champs to game 7, which is very impressive, as I didn't think that roster was that great. I think that team performed over their potential personally. Our forwards that year were: Getz, Perry, Cogliano, Selanne, Koivu, Bones, Perreault, Silf, Beleskey, Maroon, Etem, and DSP. The D was Fowler, Lovejoy, Beauchemin (good Beauchemin), Fistric, Lindholm, and Allen. Hiller in goal. (Recapping roster for those too lazy to look up). There was some depth on that roster, but Koivu and Selanne were on the back 9 of their careers then. Beleskey wasn't a top 6 player then. Winning the cup with that roster would have been damn impressive by Bruce IMO. Not saying the players and coach don't share any blame, but I think being the top seed in the Pacific made that team look better than they actually were. I think this specific year was more Bruce being a damn good coach than the roster.

I agree about Chicago.

Not sure which Nashville loss you're referring too? I assume last year's team? That team was pretty good. I didn't think we were as good as some of the other powerhouse teams that year (Pittsburgh, Chicago, Columbus and Washington were better than us on paper), but there's a strong argument that our team was dang close. However, I do give Murray props for paying up a big price that deadline to boost our chances. This one's iffy I guess. I can see it though. I don't like blaming injuries because IMO, Nashville's injuries were just as bad.

So I guess I'd say there was one year (the Chicago WCF loss) where I thought we were one of the favorites, if not "the favorite". Murray should have been more aggressive at that deadline though. Aside from that, there's arguably one more year that he's iced a "favorite". With our core, some of the bargains we've had in the past, I think we should have had more contending rosters than that. I don't think blaming the budget is fair. I think it him not being aggressive enough at times. Most of his other rosters had significant holes in them. People **** on Bruce for the game 7 losses, and I get it, and agree somewhat. However, I can't help but wonder how people would have reacted if we wouldn't have been top seed in our divison and lost each time in game 7. If we're 3rd seed and lose in 6 games, does everyone still blame Bruce, or does the holes in the roster(s) get pointed out more? Vegas for example: That defense sucks ass on paper. This season they've been winning consistently because of insanely good team play and consistent hard work. Come playoff time when other teams step up their game and they lose to a lower seed; is that them choking? IMO, no. The roster just eventually gets exposed. I think people don't factor in a coach's ability to get his team to perform better than the roster actually is. I thought Bruce was/is one of the best at that. Look at Minnesota. Good roster, but nearly as good as Nashville or Winnipeg? Hell no.

Me personally I wouldn't care what seeds we are if we have a 3-2 series lead 4 years in row and lose each time I would still of been pissed and wanting a new coach.

Reactions: Dmang714

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I remember when Boudreau played Mark Fistric and Bryan Allen over an up and coming puck mover in Sami Vatanen in that LA series. Good times, might have cost us that series

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I remember when Boudreau played Mark Fistric and Bryan Allen over an up and coming puck mover in Sami Vatanen in that LA series. Good times, might have cost us that series

Was that the year he also benched Palmieri and Winnik (our best defensive forward at the time ) for Etem?

Reactions: AngelDuck

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Was that the year he also benched Palmieri and Winnik (our best defensive forward at the time ) for Etem?
Yes, and when the reporters dared to ask him why he hadn’t played Winnik, he got all testy about it and basically said who cares, Winnik’s only got 3 (or whatever) goals. Yes, that was totally his role Bruce, goal scorer.

Zegras Zebra

May 7, 2016
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I think what people forget about 2014 against LA is that if Anaheim holds on for 12 seconds at the end of Game 1 the Ducks win in 5! It would be a 50/50 series against Chicago, and Anaheim would be favorites against Boston. That absolutely was a team that was a playoff favorite that year along with LA and Chicago.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
I think what people forget about 2014 against LA is that if Anaheim holds on for 12 seconds at the end of Game 1 the Ducks win in 5! It would be a 50/50 series against Chicago, and Anaheim would be favorites against Boston. That absolutely was a team that was a playoff favorite that year along with LA and Chicago.

Thanks to Bryan Allen that wasn’t possible. Why was he out there with a minute left again?

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
If Bieksa didn't play in a single game this season, we would comfortably be in a playoff spot. No doubt in my mind.
soo true. Pretty sad that every fan sees the same thing and we are noticeably better when he isn't in there but the coach still plays him a ton of minutes. GM needs to say something at some point.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
I think most of us saw this day when BM hired his buddy again.

The team is on a definite downward trend under RC.

The system, lineup choices, and play time are on RC. But the coaching hire, personnel, trades, and signings are on BM.

In my opinion, they both have to go for this organization to move forward.

The coach is a joke but the GM is stuck in the past.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
If the ducks don't qualify and advance to at least the 2nd round, I hope they clean office. Even then, I don't see how the ducks win under Carlyle or if Murray continues to ice a team with vets like Bieksa.

Corey Perry has become an anchor, I would buy him out after next year if we can't move him this offseason.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
If the ducks don't qualify and advance to at least the 2nd round, I hope they clean office. Even then, I don't see how the ducks win under Carlyle or if Murray continues to ice a team with vets like Bieksa.

Corey Perry has become an anchor, I would buy him out after next year if we can't move him this offseason.

Perry has been awesome since he recovered from his injury. After his injury he was horrible.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013

That anchor has 17 points in his last 18 games. What a bum.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

There's a lot of anchors on this team, but Perry is not one of them. Bieksa, Beauch, Kelly, Chimera, RC, are all more anchors than Perry.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
I don't know if it's right, BM has done an awful lot to keep this franchise well above just competitive. We have had an enviable run as a fan, and it is telling that we are disappointed at not getting all the way.....I feel we should have made at least a couple finals, but after protecting assets in years past and not getting to the finals, we now have beauch and the other clown playing important minutes.
I'm not sure how, but BM in my opinion doesn't deserve to be fired, but we need to hire someone that can help push the organization just that one step higher, and we haven't done that. Randy did better than I thought he would, but we are still paying a bit for guys getting run into the ground imo, and the goal BS that RC had changed has pretty much been shown this season.

Many mistakes this season, and we are floundering....something has to change, but it's above my knowledge how to get us to the next level

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad