• Total voters

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I want a new coach.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
New coach has to happen. No question. GM should too if only because it will be the 3rd coach he's fired. I've wanted him gone since the Chicago series though. It's clear he can't put a team over the top.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Typical duck fan amnesia regarding Carlyle was years run not enough to prove he's a great coach especially in the playoffs? Let's hire some unknown prospect coach :thumbu:

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
I think Murray is a good GM and we're better off with him, though I am really disappointed by this deadline and also his love of RC.

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Coaching helps, but it's the players that execute. Repeat the same situation and it won't turn out the same way each time...unlimited variables.

So I don't put our WCF showing as proof Carlyle is a better coach than Boudreau. Yes, I know BB had obvious matchup issues, but Carlyle seems to have major flaws as well. Note also that Murray has said multiple times that he just provides the potential personnel. Carlyle gets to choose who is used and who sits. (Granted, it's BM's fault we have Carlyle to begin)

Who knows how the rest of the season turns out. Yes, GMBM has made some pretty bad moves, but most of them are fairly minor or we're looking at things in hindsight (Wild Bill). He hasn't given up too many of our best assets, and has made some great signings (Rakell as an example in recent times).

So...much as I might hate to say it, I say we're maybe better off staying the course with Bob. He's made some solid moves/signings, and hasn't dealt away most of our future. Also, not sure if a bigger move like getting Patches, Cole, or whatever would have made us a true contender.

Think of it this way...at least we didn't give up A/B/C to get Kane, JJ, or Nash.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I mean when you have the blueline, forwards, and goalie did he really do something any other NHL coach wouldn't have been able to?

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Would have preferred a different coach but it was a player wish too. Bob is a good GM his problem is there is no young brother of a legendary defenceman on this team to sign him in the offseason.

People would burn him if he would have traded away Steel and Terry and a 1st.

eternalbedhead

Let's not rebuild and say we did
Aug 10, 2015
Corona, CA
As much as I'm not in love with Bob Murray right now, I do believe firing him is a really bad idea, especially when Murray is not the problem with this roster. As much as the Bieksa contract sucks, his only egregious mistake was Carlyle. Now, if he won't open his eyes and recognize the failure of this coaching retread, he should be fired. But I'd rather not jump from the frying pan into the fire when it comes to finding a new GM and Murray is not half-bad.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Yes and no for GM, I think Murray should stay on as a consultant to help with RFA deals. He should not be in charge of trades or signing free agents.

Reactions: Tony O

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
when she says veterans

lat-sp-bob-murray-20140624.jpeg

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Murray should be gone if he is unwilling to change the coaching staff. All in all, he's a pretty good GM. He has his flaws but he does a good job for the most part. But he's so attached at the hip to his old buddy RC that it affects not only the play of the team on the ice, but the players he acquires to fit RC's "style" whatever the hell that is.

The fact that he insinuated he was angry at the players for forcing him to fire RC the first time, and then hiring him back the first chance he got... that doesn't make me encouraged for the future of this team. Unfortunately, I don't know that the Samuelis and Schulman will have what it takes to get rid of him if it's needed. He does a good job following their budget and directives.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
yeah we beat a bad Calgary team and an inexperienced/bad Oilers team and then got embarrassed by a better team. Stop living in the past Drik.
No playoff teams are bad and the oilers were favorites. Embarrassed by Nashville? They went to game 6 without Gibson, Eaves, Rackell
Nashville without Rinne gets swept by Anaheim
Carlyle took a team everyone here said wouldn't make the playoffs to the 3rd round and still gets no respect. If Carlyle was 20 years younger he would be worshipped here

Reactions: Still Mighty

DaGeneral

Apr 15, 2012
I like Murray. I find myself agreeing with him on how to run a budget team(not trading away assets every year for the playoff runs etc).

With that said, I do wonder what could have been if he went all in a year or two. (14/15 comes to mind).

He's a GM, he makes mistakes. I think re-hiring RC was astronomically bad - some deals are better than others. I think if Vegas does well in the playoffs, we may be dead in the water going forward - it's almost like a changing of the tide, since Vegas is one of the faster teams in the West and we trot out Kesler and Silf to combat speed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad