Do you think Gretzky was right about Lemiuex/Yzerman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
The_Eck said:
Actually i've known two amateur athletes who went to Mcgill University. The training regimen along with their part-time jobs and studies is really stressful. Don't even compare the two.
But wheres the stress? When your friends retire in their 30s, they will have a university education and will move on. One of my friends is starting a landscaping company with the contacts he made working in the offseason, another buddy is coaching. Their lives arent made or broken by their performance, because they are unable to make a living off of it, unlike NHLers.

The NHLers are going to be scrutinized for the next 4 years for their loss. The amatuers get forgotten the day after they win or lose. Then they move on.

I'm not sure what your agenda is, but youre making no sence. If you really think NHLers have a cakewalk life compared to amatuer athletes, then, I guess have fun in your reality. You share it with no-one. They all train hard and make huge sacrifices to get to where they are, amaturs and pros.

The_Eck

Jan 5, 2006
Montreal
Cawz said:
But wheres the stress? When your friends retire in their 30s, they will have a university education and will move on. One of my friends is starting a landscaping company with the contacts he made working in the offseason, another buddy is coaching. Their lives arent made or broken by their performance, because they are unable to make a living off of it, unlike NHLers.

The NHLers are going to be scrutinized for the next 4 years for their loss. The amatuers get forgotten the day after they win or lose. Then they move on.

I'm not sure what your agenda is, but youre making no sence. If you really think NHLers have a cakewalk life compared to amatuer athletes, then, I guess have fun in your reality. You share it with no-one. They all train hard and make huge sacrifices to get to where they are, amaturs and pros.

You've got to be kidding me. Where's the stress?? It is quite clear that i cannot have a rational explanation about this topic since so many here think that hockey players are the gods and the greatest athletes on earth. I'm done with this.

Cawz

Sep 18, 2003
Oiler fan in Calgary
Visit site
The_Eck said:
You've got to be kidding me. Where's the stress?? It is quite clear that i cannot have a rational explanation about this topic since so many here think that hockey players are the gods and the greatest athletes on earth. I'm done with this.
Good.

If you actually read my posts, I never said that the hockey players are gods. You are the one downplaying what NHLers have to go through, saying they are just playing a game and all the other comical ******** you are spewing.

I know what NHLers, hockey players that play in lesser leagues, and athletes going to the olympics all have to go through. Its all more than 99% of the people on here could manage. You dont know what you are talking about. Sorry.

mr gib

Sep 19, 2004
vancouver
www.bigtopkarma.com
The_Eck said:
c ya

KrisKing*

The_Eck said:
Actually i've known two amateur athletes who went to Mcgill University. The training regimen along with their part-time jobs and studies is really stressful. Don't even compare the two.

For all you know I'm an olympic athlete myself. Holy arrogance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad