Do you tape your shaft?

Charge_Seven

Aug 12, 2003
To be perfectly honest, I don't think that's any of your business. What I do with my shaft is my own busniess...

hfboardsuser

Nov 18, 2004
Candy-stripe the shaft with a bulge on the top. Very little tape on the blade- think Orr's stick.

Patrice37

Jul 19, 2006
never have never will...i like to be able for my hand to easily slide up on it for slapshots...i dont wanna get caught on no tape

Geogaddi

Book Hockey
Nov 2, 2005
Dallas
I do on my Innovative. Havent always, but started to about 6 months ago. Really like it as it feels easier to stick handle.

For some reason i've always hated the Grip sticks though

stick9

Aug 12, 2004
Nope, never taped my shaft. I've never wanted to add the extra weight. I figure whats the sense of buying a super lite OPS only to weigh it down with loads of tape.

redwingsdude

Aug 2, 2005
Grand Rapids
I've never tried it, and I don't know why I would, but my brother has tried it in the past, but even he prefers a less grippy shaft these days.

Seph

Sep 5, 2002
Oregon
Visit site
Just near the top with a bulge at the end. I extend my stick one handed for poke checks a lot. I'm short so I often have to really extend myself to get the poke check, and without the tape and bulge there it's easy to get my stick knocked out of my hand.

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
I have a knob on the end of my stick and tape it about six inches down the shaft (just straight tape) and then I candy cane it.

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
I actually did it when I switched from wood to a composite stick. I've always kept my hands a little close together and used a long wooden stick but the flex on my composite seems a bit low. So I just used it as a reminder to widen my grip for one timers.

CaptBrannigan

Apr 5, 2006
Tampa
I've heard that 'candy striping' a one piece stick with tape actually takes away some of the benefits that one piecers have over wood. I don't know why or how. :dunno:

Ti-girl

Jan 29, 2005
Merida, Mexico
I do it on my one pieces because my gloves no longer have any grip on them and this way I feel like I have more grip.

Its probably all mental, but hey, I'm the only girl in the league who does it so I look cool.

mac-sniper

Aug 25, 2006
maann thats for plugs i remmeber kids doing that in pewee haha ive never done it but i tape the bottom of my twig relentlessly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->