Do you still believe in Stanley Cup parade this season?

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
If everything aligned, including the sun and the moon. A possibility but rare.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Before this winning streak had started, I was quite resigned to not getting very far into the playoffs this year, if we even make it.

On lengthy winning streak doesn't change that, although there's reason to be optimistic if they can continue to play like this down the stretch, and don't fade out towards the end of March like they always do.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
I honestly see the West as wide open. Don’t really see a team that is clearly a teir above us except Tampa.

There is so much parody right now. Any playoff team can win if they get hot at the right time.

But I think if our special teams can improve, we have a good chance.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
I believe there will be one this year, in Calgary? I don't think so :laugh:.

I mean, if you make the show anything can happen, just don't think it's our year.

SaintMorose

Jul 21, 2009
"still" implies we were all planning a parade over the summer.
Over the Summer I think we were hoping to improve from a team that got knocked out with 0 playoffs wins to a team that can battle to take a playoff series deep or win it vs a decent team.
If Bennett and Jankowski can start adding more points to "looking dangerous out there" then we can start talking about a deep run but right now we're a playoff team that needs a good number of things to fall our way and not a true contender

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Calgary has beaten LA quite a lot recently, have beaten Anaheim in both Calgary and finally California, have dominated Minnesota in every game against them (even though we lost twice), have beaten St. Louis easily twice, destroyed Winnipeg at the beginning of the year (though this upcoming game on Saturday will be an actual test), have played Nashville quite well in recent years and won against them this year. Flames beat the top 2 teams in the East.

Only team the Flames haven't played are the Golden Knights and we still are hopeless against McDavid.

If Smith gets hot in the playoffs and our first line is firing on all cylinders (last year only Monahan was going, Johnny and Ferland were hopeless) we could go very far.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Calgary has beaten LA quite a lot recently, have beaten Anaheim in both Calgary and finally California, have dominated Minnesota in every game against them (even though we lost twice), have beaten St. Louis easily twice, destroyed Winnipeg at the beginning of the year (though this upcoming game on Saturday will be an actual test), have played Nashville quite well in recent years and won against them this year. Flames beat the top 2 teams in the East.

Only team the Flames haven't played are the Golden Knights and we still are hopeless against McDavid.

If Smith gets hot in the playoffs and our first line is firing on all cylinders (last year only Monahan was going, Johnny and Ferland were hopeless) we could go very far.
We did not dominate Minnesota in our last game at all. The prior two contests I thought we were the better team, but in the most recent matchup, we were extremely lucky to win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad