Do we really need to count road games?

kasper11

Feb 27, 2002
New York
Visit site
Ok, this is starting to get seriously ugly. My team is awesome at home, looks like it should be challenging for the the league lead at 10-3-2. On the road? Lottery team, 5-8-2. Ugly. It's only gotten worse, in my last 8 games I am 3-0-1 at home, 0-3-1 on the road. I can't put together any kind of a streak unless I get a long homestand...which isn't happening. Sheesh. I'm screwed in the playoffs (assuming I get there) unless I get home ice, which won't happen unless I start winning on the road, in which case I won't need home ice.

Dr.Sens(e)

Feb 27, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Ok, this is starting to get seriously ugly. My team is awesome at home, looks like it should be challenging for the the league lead at 10-3-2. On the road? Lottery team, 5-8-2. Ugly. It's only gotten worse, in my last 8 games I am 3-0-1 at home, 0-3-1 on the road. I can't put together any kind of a streak unless I get a long homestand...which isn't happening. Sheesh. I'm screwed in the playoffs (assuming I get there) unless I get home ice, which won't happen unless I start winning on the road, in which case I won't need home ice.

Hey, it's happening all over, which is a major change from last year when home ice advantage seemed nominal at best. That was the reason I took on the .500 or better road record endorsement, which isn't looking too wise right now.

The Blues are 11-1-3 at home and 7-7-1 on the road.

Suffice it to say, I'm glad we squared off in St. Louis last night. St. Louis has a few nights off before we're off to Detroit again to hopefully break an ugly trend in the that god foresaken building...

HFNHL Red Wings

I was going to make a similar comment to Nick's.

One of the strange qwirks to the sim has been that road team have had a significantly better winning percentage. I believe I even identified a couple of teams last season that were well below .500 overall but at or near .500 on the road.

It is definitely strange that with the same software the home team is generally doing better this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->