Do they deserve to be in the HHOF? pt. 2

Pfft

Aug 21, 2006
In defense of Cujo, his second round series in 2004(in which he allowed only 2 goals in the last 170+ minutes and posted excellent stats) was undoubtedly one of the best playoff performances by a losing goaltender in recent memory. The fact that his forwards absolutely choked should not take away from his accomplishment.

God Bless Canada

Jul 11, 2004
Bentley reunion
Joseph raised his game a lot in the first round. Watch him play in 1993 with St. Louis, or 1997 with Edmonton. He was brilliant. His play in the 1997 Edmonton/Dallas series was a goaltending clinic.

The problem is he has a reputation for fading. In the second round in 1997, Edmonton played a Colorado team that was ripe for an upset. Forsberg missed games, and wasn't 100 per cent when he did play. Colorado was also fatigued from the Cup run the previous year. Joseph did not play well in the first two games, and didn't give Edmonton the big save when they needed it in the final two games, both decided by a goal.

The less said about his performance in the 1999 conference final against Buffalo, a team with a pop gun offence, the better.

ClassicHockey

May 22, 2005
There is no point. If they were inducted, the posters here would just say that the selectors are just picking one of their own. Please see the Mark Tardif thread.
If you think about it, those 2 may not be in because of that sort of criticism.

Could someone provide some background info on Carl Brewer and JC Tremblay and why they are not in the HOF?

As for Cujo..I'd put him in, he played on some mediocre teams and stood on his head to even get him out of round 1, some of the teams he played on were just too overmatched. Although I think what hurts his cause more than anything is his stint in Detroit where he did play on what was preceived to be a tremendous team and he didn't get them anywhere. But 400 wins, very good all around stats I'd say he gets in. It is not his fault that he played in an era with 3 of the top 10 goalies of all time(Roy, Hasek, Broduer) and arguably 4 of the top 20-25 ever(Belfour)

He has a chance at 500 wins for me he'd be in but I don't know how the inner workings of the HHOF voters are.

John Flyers Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I can't comment on Tremblay or Brewer but as for the other two;

Howe should certainly be in, while he wasn't Potvin, Coffey or Bourque he was better than any other defenseman during the 1980's.

As for Joseph I'd have to vote no he was a clear steap below the Hall of Fame goalis in his era: Roy, Hasek, Brodeur and Belfour. Joseph is in the group below with Richter, Barasso, Vernon and Vanbiebrouck ... and it could be argued that is at the bottom of that group.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad