Do the stars make the playoffs ?

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014
Between Dallas, Kings, Blues, Colorado and the flames only 2 teams can make the playoffs.

Will the stars be one of them ?

My guess is that they don't make the playoffs. It's likely better that they do not make the playoffs because it gives management and ownership a false sense of success, despite the fact that they will likely get killed in the playoffs, and continue on with the status-quo of reactionary off-season fixes and drafting policies which does not bode well at all.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
My guess is that they don't make the playoffs. It's likely better that they do not make the playoffs because it gives management and ownership a false sense of success, despite the fact that they will likely get killed in the playoffs, and continue on with the status-quo of reactionary off-season fixes and drafting policies which does not bode well at all.
I don't think their plans would change either way. Nill keeps his job no matter what. Hitch keeps his job no matter what. What changes?

badboy1994

Apr 11, 2016
I don't think their plans would change either way. Nill keeps his job no matter what. Hitch keeps his job no matter what. What changes?

Nothing changes, doing nothing at the trade deadline was inexcusable.

Ritche and a secound would have landed Evander Kane. He would have helped us allot.

ZeHockeyFan

Apr 9, 2014

In some way it immediately puts Nill and co. in the hot seat for 2018-19? It ought to. If ownership has any sense of purpose, they will put everyone on notice seeing how much they've spent close to the cap over the past 4 seasons with littlelto show for it. I also hope they take a deep dive into why exactly this team has consistently failed to draft and/or develop the kind of talent that other teams like Nashville or Winnipeg have managed to do so in the same time-frame. With Brad Alberts as new president, I am hoping that happens and that the process starts off with tossing Jim Lites and his nostalgic "party like it's 1999" approach to the curb, but that's wishful thinking.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Nothing changes, doing nothing at the trade deadline was inexcusable.

Ritche and a secound would have landed Evander Kane. He would have helped us allot.
Since the trade, Kane has put up four points in three games. In that same span, Ritchie has put up two points in five games, which is something of a hot streak for him.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
We are lucky the Blues have been losing games. We haven't been playing good for maybe 3 weeks now, but we can't forget what this team is like when it does click. They are dominant and extremely good when everything falls into place like it did on our 5 game win streak before all of this. With that being said, Ritchie in the top 6 won't help at All, and Nill should've acquired some depth to help them out considering the depth every other central team has.
We are picking the wrong time to lose games and play some of our worst hockey of the season

brighteststars

Feb 11, 2014
We are lucky the Blues have been losing games. We haven't been playing good for maybe 3 weeks now, but we can't forget what this team is like when it does click. They are dominant and extremely good when everything falls into place like it did on our 5 game win streak before all of this. With that being said, Ritchie in the top 6 won't help at All, and Nill should've acquired some depth to help them out considering the depth every other central team has.
We are picking the wrong time to lose games and play some of our worst hockey of the season

Completely agree

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I think Dal can still make it but it's going to be really close. We are better off with a #2 Wildcard spot and playing LV as NSH takes us any day of the week. Also, we don't want the #3 Central spot and play Wpg.

We actually want the WC #1 spot.

Nashville has rocketed to the number 1 seed in the west, with Vegas now the lower ranked division winner.

WC1 plays the lower ranked div winner, which is currently Vegas.

So im hoping we finish WC 1 and get Vegas.

If we either finish central 3 and play winnipeg, or WC2 and play nashville. we lose 4-1 at best.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Stat sites say we are 78% likely to make playoffs. Maybe 16 guys lake it,4dont?

Stats certainly don't reflect our play these past 3 weeks. I'm watching a team that can't score goals, has no depth, Klingberg has slowed down along with the PP, Radulov and Benn (especially Benn) are nearly non-existent in the goal column lately, and our goaltending is average to below average at best at times, Ritchie is apparently a top 6 forward now, Radulov is banned from playing with Benn and Seguin until the final few minutes apparently until they badly need a goal, and everyone is starting to get injured.

How do we fix this? Idk maybe address our depth at the trade deadline?...oh wait...forgot our own GM doesn't even believe in the team he has put together.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
I think those sites only do the math based on point totals. They don't account for the quality of teams remaining, home/road splits, or known injury issues.

I wish we would get rid of those dumb stats in sports. They are as statistically relevant as the one used during the Vikings / Saints playoff game when both had multiple 90%+ win projections in the dying minutes of that game. They provide no value.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad