Do the players like Mclellan

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Ya it's Mclellan that told Klefbom to pinch 20 seconds into the game

Ok, how do you explain all the poor 1st periods and multiple goal deficits? This was a problem last year as well. Team hasn't been prepared out of the game all season, some of that is certainly on coaching.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Ok, how do you explain all the poor 1st periods and multiple goal deficits? This was a problem last year as well. Team hasn't been prepared out of the game all season, some of that is certainly on coaching.
A team that had everything go right for them is regressing hard and they thought they could coast all season after beating up a Flames team that didn't seem too interested in playing us.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
The not being ready to go is on the coaching staff. Doesn't mean they don't like him. The coaching staff just isn't getting them whipped into shape for the start of the game.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
A team that had everything go right for them is regressing hard and they thought they could coast all season after beating up a Flames team that didn't seem too interested in playing us.

And isn't some of that on coaching especially when it happens time and time again coming out unprepared to play games?

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
And isn't some of that on coaching especially when it happens time and time again coming out unprepared to play games?
Partially but the coach can only tell them what to do. I mean if he NEEDS to tell the players not to suck ass out of the gate then....

It's also not the coach's fault they can't get a save. Or that they're playing Gryba/Auvitu as a pairing (though admittedly they were fine last game). Or that nobody can score.

NeverForget06

Here we go again !
Jan 7, 2013
Edmonton
Partially but the coach can only tell them what to do. I mean if he NEEDS to tell the players not to suck ass out of the gate then....

It's also not the coach's fault they can't get a save. Or that they're playing Gryba/Auvitu as a pairing (though admittedly they were fine last game). Or that nobody can score.

Exactly, these guys are pros. They should not need to be taught how to prepare for a game. The players know better than to make dumb pinches that early on, its just a break down on their part. I'm pretty sure he doesn't need to instruct them on defensive fundamentals like that.

What I have seen to far this year has been a bunch of boneheaded mistakes and missed coverages. Those are not flaws in the systems they are being taught. These guys don't need to have their hands held and be encouraged that they can turn it around and be good. Thats on them.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
if there’s a coach that needs to be fired it’s probably Schwartz. Both goalies have looked terrible to start the season. Not sure it’s his fault or not but that’s the area that’s sticking out like a sore thumb right now.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
He does seem awfully quiet on the bench when I see him. Last night Boucher was very animate after TO got back in the game and Stone went out and scored immediately after, fired up. Just don't see that much with the Oilers.

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Anyone still think the Oilers are not playing to get Mclellan fired?

DaGap

Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
San Jose had a bunch of really good players and seemed to stall out.

Tmac isn't a good coach

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Agreed. Don't see how any coach can withstand this shellacking

Gee I dont know, Vegas just got bombed 8-2 and Gallant is just fine. Pittsburgh has been bombed 3 times this year and Sullivan is still around last time I checked.

Man you need to chill the hell out.

North

Jun 25, 2009
Gee I dont know, Vegas just got bombed 8-2 and Gallant is just fine. Pittsburgh has been bombed 3 times this year and Sullivan is still around last time I checked.

The Golden Knights are 12-6-1 and the Penguins are 11-8-3 even with those beat downs.

The Oilers were supposed to be better and they aren't. They're not showing any signs of coming out of this funk either.

I blame Chia partly, but to be honest I question some of McLellan's decisions.

Really though, most of the blame lies at the feet of the players. I wonder if they have tuned McLellan out already.

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
Something is wrong in the locker room either between the players or the players and coach. Hey isn't that the way it was when Hall was here...

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015

And they are still greatly overacheiving - this team is greatly underachieving. Exact opposites. Big difference.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
The Golden Knights are 12-6-1 and the Penguins are 11-8-3 even with those beat downs.

The Oilers were supposed to be better and they aren't. They're not showing any signs of coming out of this funk either.

I blame Chia partly, but to be honest I question some of McLellan's decisions.

Really though, most of the blame lies at the feet of the players. I wonder if they have tuned McLellan out already.

And they are still greatly overacheiving - this team is greatly underachieving. Exact opposites. Big difference.

The OP said " Don't see how any coach can withstand this shellacking". He did not preface it with their record or any other teams record. Lots of teams get bombed and coaches survive to the next game. He said it in the context of his post, "Do the players "like" McLellan". So they lost 8-3 because they dont like the coach....think about that for a moment.

Anyway I am going to go organize that boycott the OP called for in his other thread. Because that will change everything!

Reactions: BlackDogg

North

Jun 25, 2009
The OP said " Don't see how any coach can withstand this shellacking". He did not preface it with their record or any other teams record. Lots of teams get bombed and coaches survive to the next game. He said it in the context of his post, "Do the players "like" McLellan". So they lost 8-3 because they dont like the coach....think about that for a moment.

Anyway I am going to go organize that boycott the OP called for in his other thread. Because that will change everything!

The thing is you do have to take the larger context into consideration. Would this thread exist if the Oilers were shellacked 8-3 but had a record of 12-6-1? Probably not.

Everything doesn't occur in a vacuum.

Reactions: Night Witch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad