Prospect Info: Dmitry Kuzmin - 82 overall - LHD

DEANYOUNGBLOOD17

May 10, 2011
I would think that Kuz would be ready to join the Moose next year as a 19 year old.

If he does his 3 year ELC would slide another year and start in 23-24.

I would think if the Jets want him next year in the AHL he would have to stay in North America over the summer as it may pose a problem of him coming back from Belarus to play next year.

I see that he plays a silicate game to Niku with a high skill level offence from the back end. Hopefully he is not as soft as Niku is defensively!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I would think that Kuz would be ready to join the Moose next year as a 19 year old.

If he does his 3 year ELC would slide another year and start in 23-24.

I would think if the Jets want him next year in the AHL he would have to stay in North America over the summer as it may pose a problem of him coming back from Belarus to play next year.

I see that he plays a silicate game to Niku with a high skill level offence from the back end. Hopefully he is not as soft as Niku is defensively!

Is there a reason he wouldn’t go back to Flint? He would only be in his draft + 2 season and the Moose are pretty loaded on D? Even a high end prospect like Morrissey went back to juniors for 2 seasons after his draft.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Is there a reason he wouldn’t go back to Flint? He would only be in his draft + 2 season and the Moose are pretty loaded on D? Even a high end prospect like Morrissey went back to juniors for 2 seasons after his draft.

AHL wasn't an option for Morrissey. It is for Kuzmin.

Jets need to promote some of the Moose D, making room for Kuz. Should have done that a year ago.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
AHL wasn't an option for Morrissey. It is for Kuzmin.

Jets need to promote some of the Moose D, making room for Kuz. Should have done that a year ago.

I have not watched that much of Kuzmin is he that dominant in the OHL that he needs to be put in the AHL (not rhetorical)? The OHL is a really good league to develop talent in.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I have not watched that much of Kuzmin is he that dominant in the OHL that he needs to be put in the AHL (not rhetorical)? The OHL is a really good league to develop talent in.

I can't say either. Just pointing out that there should be room for Kuzmin in the A if that is where they think he will best develop.

I think his season is particularly impressive since it was his first exposure to NA hockey.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I can't say either. Just pointing out that there should be room for Kuzmin in the A if that is where they think he will best develop.

I think his season is particularly impressive since it was his first exposure to NA hockey.

Yea I am really happy with his season. I just haven’t seen enough of his games to know if one more year in the OHL is best or we move him on a faster track to the AHL. It will be interesting to see what TNSE think.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad