OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Uno

Status
Not open for further replies.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I've watched all the games so far (except for COL-GRE), and I have to say, only 3 teams have impressed me:

Holland (they looked better than 4 years ago)
Chile (offensive powerhouse)
Mexico (impressed with their overall discipline and excellent teamwork)

What about the others? Italy, should be happy they came away with a win against England but they didn't look dominant; Brazil, looked like their defence was extremely suspect; France, they looked good but they played 11 against 10 for an entire half; Costa Rica, great upset but they still will have to battle to get out of their group.

I did not see Columbia play.

Only Holland and Chile really looked dominant. But I guess we're still in the early stages of the tournament.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
France was the best side I've seen yet, including Holland. France could have been up 5-0 at half time; they hit multiple crossbars and had other great opportunities. They looked to be on a mission.

I thought England and Italy both looked fairly strong. Mexico was OK. Columbia was far more creative and threatening than Greece. Chile was good, Brazil was meh, and Uruguay looked terrible.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Well, Italians don't need to impress anybody. With Balo's goal they have one leg in the quarters already.

That is a really hard opponent for any team down the road. And their goal is the win actually so they don't play all in from the start typically. You can check their starts from like 10 recent tournaments and will hardly find any furious ones.

They are playing like contender should play in the very long tournament.

Also the weather was really hot so that reflected on speeds.

See example of what could be bad: now Argentina playing and one of their oldest and most experienced players in Mascherano doing a mistake with a simple short pass on their side of the field.

Yet, Italians set the passing record for the World Cups yesterday. They just played a very uncommon scheme and looked strange in the process.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Guys I have good feeling about tommorow. I think Jozy Altidore is going to rip it up.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
One other thing I like about this WC is its being played in Brazil, so we can watch all of the games in our time zone. I missed a ton of games 4 years because of the South Africa time difference.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
You're right. The dude didn't get up and sprint with the ball after making the tackle, then get up after being tackled to earn a play-on, and his teammates didn't all push forward towards goal to net the winner with seconds left. My mistake.

I thought you were talking about Ecuador's Ovechkin-esque back pressure.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Need Germany to keep pouring it on. Second place is VERY likely going to come down to goal differential.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I've read "soccer" actually isn't american word. What a shock! It's from Britain! It actually means associate football.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Tonight's prediction. I think the US is hungry as h*ll. I think the stadium is going jam packed with US fans, making this for all intensive purposes a home game. That said, I think the US dominates, but gets burned several times (and once for a goal) by the Ghana counter attack. US in a squeaker 2-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad