OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Uno

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
The draw is Friday I thought?

It is, but it's what will happen.

Those 2 games (Roma Barca and Real juve) it's why football is sport number 1 in the world faaaar away from the rest.

So sorry for Gigi. It was his last chance. Oliver is a pos. You just don't give a red in that situation.
And the penalty kick is not that clear. And certainly not a penalty in the 93rd minutes of a game that should go to OT.

Gigi finish his career like Zidane. On a red card. Even if he has some games left in the seria a

Last edited:
Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Man, that's a brutal ending to Real/Juve. I like Michael Oliver but that was a very weak call.

Yeah and I hate it when the talking heads say ‘well technically it was a foul so...’ If they called that level of ‘technically a foul’ all game there would be 100 fouls a game. You can’t call that under those circumstances.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah and I hate it when the talking heads say ‘well technically it was a foul so...’ If they called that level of ‘technically a foul’ all game there would be 100 fouls a game. You can’t call that under those circumstances.

I’m a believer that a foul is a foul regardless of the game situation. Sorry that it was after a great comeback on aggregate, but A weak foul is still a foul. Had he not put both hands on the guy from behind and pushed him, no foul.

Add to that Buffon acting like a buffoon.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I’m a believer that a foul is a foul regardless of the game situation. Sorry that it was after a great comeback on aggregate, but A weak foul is still a foul. Had he not put both hands on the guy from behind and pushed him, no foul.

Add to that Buffon acting like a buffoon.

A foul is a foul needs to be universally enforced, though. In that case Juve should have been awarded a penalty in the 1st leg. What's frustrating as a player is when the standard is different and I think that's what Buffoon lost his mind about.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
A foul is a foul needs to be universally enforced, though. In that case Juve should have been awarded a penalty in the 1st leg. What's frustrating as a player is when the standard is different and I think that's what Buffoon lost his mind about.

I mean you can take that argument as far back as you want with all teams. You have different refs and expecting consistency even from pros is a waste of time I’ve learned.

In that moment I don’t think Buffon was at all thinking of anything other than this one play.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002

That’s all well and good in theory but that isn’t how games are actually called because there would be 100 fouls a game if they were.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Russian clubs uefa coefficient is in danger for next year. :(

The final of Cup of Russia (the winner will play directly in EL group stage) will be played between

Avangard Kursk, 10th (out of 20 teams) in Division 1
Tosno, 15th (out of 16 teams) in Premier League

In Russian Premier League
15th and 16th = relegated
13th and 14th = playing against 4th and 3rd from Division 1 (home and away) playoff matches.

So if Tosno is relegated, it will be the first time that a club will participate in a european cup, playing not in the top domestic League.
(at least in Russian history. btw some teams already played in qualification rounds, but not in GS, IIRC)

And also IIRC, the same situation happened few years ago in another country, but don't remember who it was. Or maybe I'm wrong

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
@ovikovy817 Thoughts about the Coupe de France Final opposing PSG vs ... Les Herbiers????
Conte de fées
9 games and 9 wins to reach the final. Even though they were lucky with their opponents. Only 2 teams from L2 and no one from L1

But now, No way they can beat psg. I would give them 0.001% chance if psg had a champions league final to play and if they weren't already champions.

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
Russian clubs uefa coefficient is in danger for next year. :(

The final of Cup of Russia (the winner will play directly in EL group stage) will be played between

Avangard Kursk, 10th (out of 20 teams) in Division 1
Tosno, 15th (out of 16 teams) in Premier League

In Russian Premier League
15th and 16th = relegated
13th and 14th = playing against 4th and 3rd from Division 1 (home and away) playoff matches.

So if Tosno is relegated, it will be the first time that a club will participate in a european cup, playing not in the top domestic League.
(at least in Russian history. btw some teams already played in qualification rounds, but not in GS, IIRC)

And also IIRC, the same situation happened few years ago in another country, but don't remember who it was. Or maybe I'm wrong

I know Wigan played in the Europa League after being relegated the year before so this kind of thing isn’t unheard of, though rare.

Reactions: ovikovy817
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->