OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Uno

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Russia's Kokorin expected to miss World Cup with knee injury

:help::help::mad::mad::cry::cry:

2002 -> Mostovoi (best player in the country, a legend and our playmaker)
2004 -> Ignashevich (best Dman in the country, 2nd best goalscorer of the team (as a Dman) in the qualifiers)
2006 -> No World Cup for Russia
2008 -> Pogrebnyak (best goalscorer of the Uefa Cup 2007/2008, injured in the last friendly game before euro 2008)
2010 -> No World Cup for Russia
2012 -> V. Berezutskiy (starting central Dman)
2014 -> Shirokov (best player in the country and our playmaker)
2016 -> Denisov (the glue in the middle, best shutdown midfielder, injured in the last friendly game before euro 2016)
2018 -> Kokorin, Dzhikya, Vasin (our best player and 2 starting central Dman)

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I wonder if UEFA is doing anything behind the scenes to keep the two Red Bull teams from playing each other in the Europa League?

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I wonder if UEFA is doing anything behind the scenes to keep the two Red Bull teams from playing each other in the Europa League?

I am more concerned, or I should more amused (because it happens since a long time) by the fact that since 8 or 9 years already (don't remember when they've changed the rules to have a draw after each stage in the playoffs) that Barcelona and Real never played in 1/4 or 1/2. :sarcasm:
IIRC, they've changed that rule the year after Barcelona and Real played against each other in 1/4.

Uefa wants their Barcelona/Real final (which is never happened) and if they can do it while Messi and Ronaldo still playing, they would have more $$$ from the marketing, media, everyone lol.

Btw, I always wonder why Uefa let wear the captain of Real and Barcelona their domestic captain's armband during uefa competitions.
When you look to others teams, they have only 1 armband, the uefa armband. But Barca and Real, their captains have 2 armbands.

Sergio Ramos se moque Kylian Mbappe après la victoire en Ligue des Champions contre le PSG

Messi targets Ronaldo CL record

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Lol....I love me some Jose.

Mourinho: Man Utd lack 'football heritage'

Mourinho's team were expected to progress to the quarterfinals but the Portuguese coach has questioned that view by highlighting United's recent European record.

The 55-year-old read out a list of statistics from a notebook in a rant that lasted 12-and-a-half minutes.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Inside Real Madrid's academy: 'Only a certain type of person succeeds here'

The club provide schooling and transport for youngsters from far and wide as well as housing 40 players. On average they will stay for three years and when the boys, who are often as young as 10, arrive on their first day they are told: “You are are no longer a son of your parents; you are now a Real Madrid player.” It is a ruthless welcome into the unforgiving world of elite football.

A day inside Benfica's academy, the production line for European football

Benfica have made more than £230m in the last three years from selling academy graduates. This is how they develop their young players

Fascinating....

Last edited:
Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Goodbye to those 20.45 starts. Will miss this little detail. Nostalgie.

But in fact nothing will change. Since many years, there are already few matches per season with Russian, Turkish clubs that starts earlier. Kazakhstan too.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Watching a little of USA vs Paraguay....Paraguay thugging it up.

Didn’t even know we had a game. It’s amazing to see the team drop into relative anonymity....

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Watching a little of USA vs Paraguay....Paraguay thugging it up.

Didn’t even know we had a game. It’s amazing to see the team drop into relative anonymity....

It's a friendly 3 months before the WC between two teams that didn't qualify for said WC... not exactly must-see TV.

That said, the US looked... decent. Their CB tandem of Miazga (Chelsea) and Carter-Vickers (Spurs) looked in control the whole game. A few guys flashed with Will Trapp and Tyler Adams looking like they have potential to be regulars in the midfield. I will say the team's lack of creativity was disappointing. This game should have been used to see what kind of talent the next generation has but instead it seemed the direction of the coach was to try and win be playing it safe.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Definitely. I just wish he got more than 6 minutes. Nagbe was contributing next to nothing moving forward. All of their dangerous runs were on the left side through Saief.

Most important thing was to have him play a Sr game so he’s tied to the US team now, but yeah....I would have liked to see him get 15.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Most important thing was to have him play a Sr game so he’s tied to the US team now, but yeah....I would have liked to see him get 15.

It was just a mess all the way around. There was literally no reason not to sub en masse at the 60th minute. This game meant less than nothing. They wasted a terrific opportunity to get more guys on the field during a live fire exercise. The USMNT needs some serious direction and they need it soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad