OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Uno

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
They can’t beat City.....nobody can compete (much) with that roster in England. I called the title race over a long time ago....proving correct.

I believe Conte is fighting internal turmoil and will be gone this summer. He and Manangement have never been on the same page with transfers and that lack of depth has exposed them.

There's no reason United shouldn't be right there with them. United is stacked with talent, especially on the attacking side. Chelsea should be up there too but they've made some roster decisions that are certainly head-scratching. Spurs and Liverpool lack the depth to compete with City, in my opinion, and Arsenal... well, woof.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Pogba and Lukaku aren’t performing (to their potential)...the City boys are. That’s the difference.

Last edited:

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
And my point was Guardiola has his guys playing very well. He is getting very close to the most out of the talent available to him. They are playing text book Total Football.

Mourinho has never been the kind of manager to get anything special from his players when they have the ball. He relies on their talent to produce something special when needed. That is part of the reason players stop playing for him after a couple years.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Yep agreed on Pep.

IMO. Pep and Klopp are both doing fantastic jobs (possiblY the best this year in the EPL)......Pep just has more Thoroughbreds.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
WOW Crystal Palace with one of the best quick start free kick goals I’ve seen all year....up 2-0 on United, trying to get out of the Relegation zone....

Last edited:

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Piazza rants about his soccer team's rent

Baseball Hall of Famer Mike Piazza, the majority owner of a low-level Italian soccer team, passionately ranted about his club's financial hardships and stadium situation during a recent news conference.
Piazza, who purchased a majority share of AC Reggiana in June 2016, frequently banged his fist on a table during the emotional news conference, which was published Friday on the team's official Facebook page.

"I'm tired and sick of Reggiana being pushed around," Piazza said. "I am frustrated, and I'm frigging pissed off."

Coldplay619

Oct 17, 2010
Why am I a fan of those two teams? Both incapable of getting to the semis in their respective championships, no matter how much money is spent. Spent $400M to lose in the early rounds again to a superior team. Ugh.

They hired a coach that could never get out of the UCL round of 16.
We hired a coach that could never get out of the second round.
Ancelotti was the best coach you guys had.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
They hired a coach that could never get out of the UCL round of 16.
We hired a coach that could never get out of the second round.
Ancelotti was the best coach you guys had.

Yeah, well, I think that PSG needs the same thing as the Caps now, a change of culture. I'm not saying they need to change all the key players but both teams need a different approach to have better team chemistry. I have no faith in the PSG management. Nasser thinks he can just buy a championship. At least GMBM seems to have a better understanding of how championships are won in his sport.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
This is like the Caps hiring Barry Trotz. LOL

Not sure this is a fair, or accurate, comparison. Wenger has won multiple league titles and multiple cups with multiple teams as a manager. Trotz has won what? Two Presidents trophies? Forget ballpark, they are not in the same solar system. ;)

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Not sure this is a fair, or accurate, comparison. Wenger has won multiple league titles and multiple cups with multiple teams as a manager. Trotz has won what? Two Presidents trophies? Forget ballpark, they are not in the same solar system. ;)

Wenger and his eternal 4th place Arsenal haven't won the Premier League in almost 15 years now. Still hasn't won the Champions League either. Terrific coach who's been around forever but can't get his hands on the ultimate prize. Sounds like Wenger or Trotz.

Wenger's won the FA Cup, I'll give him that. Still think he isn't the right coach for PSG to win the Champions League.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Wenger and his eternal 4th place Arsenal haven't won the Premier League in almost 15 years now. Still hasn't won the Champions League either. Terrific coach who's been around forever but can't get his hands on the ultimate prize. Sounds like Wenger or Trotz.

Wenger's won the FA Cup, I'll give him that. Still think he isn't the right coach for PSG to win the Champions League.

Wenger also won the Ligue 1 title. League titles are league titles whether it was 15 years ago or last year. Wenger has multiple and Trotzs has zippy.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Wenger also won the Ligue 1 title. League titles are league titles whether it was 15 years ago or last year. Wenger has multiple and Trotzs has zippy.

It's kind of like Ken Hitchcock winning the Stanley Cup 20 years ago. Sure, titles are titles but it doesn't mean that Wenger or Trotz or Hitchcock have what it takes to win in 2018.

Reactions: ovikovy817
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->