OT: Discusión del Fútbol (EPL, FIFA, LIGA, USMNT, USWNT, MLS, etc) - Parte Uno

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
"champions league by names" matchup in Round of 16 of the EL.

Milan - Arsenal

Russia is the most represented country with 3 clubs, but it will be difficult for all of them to go to the 1/4 (Ateltico, Lyon and Leipzig as their opponents)
but at least we have already our best season in the history at the UEFA coefficient ranking with 11.600. Even better than when CSKA (2005) and Zenit (2008) won the Uefa Cup

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Missed the game....had the lead, end up losing. Typical. So long Conte. We’ll take the Barca guy next I guess. Enjoy your Fool’s Gold!

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
They can let the premier league down. Their only chance to qualify for the CL is to win the Europa.
Well in fact they need of 2 things to be in CL next year.
Win the EL and hope that the winner of the CL this year won't finish 5th in the PL :sarcasm:

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Man City is completely over whelming Chelsea. Impressive to watch.

It's pretty embarrassing for Chelsea. Conte is essentially conceding the game to Man City with this formation and strategy. They are playing like they have the 15-point cushion for the title and like are playing not to concede any points. Really disappointing.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
It's pretty embarrassing for Chelsea. Conte is essentially conceding the game to Man City with this formation and strategy. They are playing like they have the 15-point cushion for the title and like are playing not to concede any points. Really disappointing.

They can’t beat City.....nobody can compete (much) with that roster in England. I called the title race over a long time ago....proving correct.

I believe Conte is fighting internal turmoil and will be gone this summer. He and Manangement have never been on the same page with transfers and that lack of depth has exposed them.

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
I don’t agree that there is such a talent gap between Citeh and the rest of the big teams in England that they are basically unplayable.

Guardiola has them playing like a well oiled machine though so he is getting the best out of his talent, sort of like Conte with Chelski last year after the formation change.

One thing Guardiola has always been really good at is reinventing players’ positions to get more of what he wants on the field. Wingers and midfielders become fullbacks, midfielders become central defenders, number 10’s become number 8’s, Lahm even became a holding mid. Wenger did that a little bit earlier in his Arsenal days, Petit from left back to holding mid and obviously Henry from winger to striker come to mind but nobody has done it like Guardiola IMO. That allows them to get more on the ball talent on the field at one time.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I didn’t say unplayable, any team is beatable in one game, but their depth of star talent will win them multiple trophies. Only one other team in England can boast that depth of star level talent and they’re 19 Pts back as of this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->