Disaster 2004 entry draft!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoffer

Dec 23, 2003
British Columbia
Cam Barker

Those Europeans are all forwards. Now lets take a look at drafts from the past. Some teams draft for talent, others draft for position. Need a Defenseman who plays similar to Bouwmeester, and comes from the same Junior Hockey Program.
Cam Barker

Europeans always come out higher on the CSB rankings early in the season. However, they don't play as long a season as the boys in N.A. I wouldn't even worry about this years draft. Yes, its going to have more of a European flavour to it then say last year, which was a great CHL/NCAA draft, either way, I figure one of the N.A. players can break into the top 3.

SIBIR

Dec 9, 2003
Berlin - Novosibirsk
HabLover said:
I guess with....

Hull
Sakic
Savard
Doan

right behind the top 5, doesn't count hey?

Savard would be leading the league no problem if he had been in all the games for Atlanta and Alex Tanguay would be Top 3 if he hadn't missed games either.

As for Dany Heatley, well....we all know he would be ahead of Kovalchook if not for the terrible accident.

no problem. you can take the top 20:

13 Euros
7 NA

LightningFast

Feb 13, 2003
Visit site
go pierre hedin said:

1. Patrik Stefan - BUST
2. Daniel Sedin
3. Henrik Sedin
4. Pavel Brendl - BUST

I wouldn't call Pavel Brendl a bust so fast . He's dominating in the AHL with the Lock Monsters. If he's given a chance in his next call up and doesn't do scrap, than i'd be ready to call him a bust, but not yet.

Anfernic

Feb 19, 2003
Quebec city
Visit site
I have noticed an interesting thing

Look at the location of the thread strater that's right that's write Switzerland, but we all know he is from Canada because the only player he spoke about since the 2 week he is register is Crosby

THE NEXT ONE #87

Dec 18, 2003
Zurich
Visit site
Anfernic said:
I have noticed an interesting thing

Look at the location of the thread strater that's right that's write Switzerland, but we all know he is from Canada because the only player he spoke about since the 2 week he is register is Crosby

Nice notice dude! :lol:

But I thought a Canadian notices that my English isn't perfect.......

Yeah I spoke a lot about Crosby, but not only about him.

leafaholix*

Mikael Tellqvist
Hannu Toivonen
Ilja Bryzgalov
Konstantin Barulin
Stefan Liv

jepjepjoo

Dec 31, 2002
bushc said:
Those are your goaltenders for the future. ROTFL :joker:

This is what Finland has to offer for the future

Kari Lehtonen
Hannu Toivonen
Ari Ahonen
Vesa Toskala
Miikka Kipprusoff
Jussi Markkanen
Antero Niittymäki
etc.

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
You can also factor in Marek Schwarz who is being compared to Hasek and looking more and more like a top 5 selection in the 2004 draft each day.

Fish on The Sand

Untouchable
Feb 28, 2002
Canada
go pierre hedin said:
Because Patrik Stefan cannot manage to play more then 72 games.

Not only has he underachieved in his career, the guy has been injured a lot!

The Sedin's have spent about three and a half seasons in North America... and they seem to just be developing slowly. Stefan's been playing the North American game for six and a half years and has done as much as the Sedin's... if not less.

Henrik and Daniel Sedin have stuck in the NHL over their careers so far, playing with one of the top teams in the league, and have managed to stay away from the AHL.

- Henrik's missed 5 games over three and a half seasons of hockey.
- Daniel's missed 13.
- Patrik's missed 60 games over four and a half seasons.

Even if the twins have been third line players, that's much better then what Stefan's shown so far. They've stuck to it, playing on a team with a permanent #1 line... they've stayed healthy and avoided healthy scratches throughout their mediocre careers so far... but there's still potential there.

Stefan's done nothing and managed to underachieve... he's a BUST. His #1 overall potential seems to have vanished.
This post makes no sense? So even though Stefan is doing more than the Sedins in less games he's still a bust? That is the message I got from your post. Truth be told they are all busts and none of them will last long in the nhl. The only reason you say the Sedins aren't busts is because of all the hype they get from the vancouver media. Another thing you failed to mention is that Stefan too has avoided the minor leagues. The Sedins are every bit as a bust as Stefan, if not more.

Vincent_TheGreat

Feb 27, 2002
Ontario
Visit site
THE NEXT ONE #87 said:
Guys,

2004 Entry Draft

1. Alexander Ovechkin (RUS)
2. Evgeni Malkin (RUS)
3. Rostislav Olesz (CZE)

(Scout prognose)

If the scout prognose arrives, it will be the first time ever in the NHL history, that 3 EUROPEANS go first.

So what's happend to the NORTHAMERICANS?

Than otherwise we should put the NHL in an EHL (europaen hockey league). :lol:

It's obvious that in the near future european players will dominate....

Yeah, Euro's will dominate. Ok, you obviously completely overlooked 2003 and 2005. 2004 top 4 may be Euro's but that doesn't mean there better, and 2005's top 4 could easily be Canadians. It goes in Cycles, no one nation dominates any more, not even continents dominate. Its equal now, hate to break it to you.

Apr 16, 2002
Rochester, NY
Visit site
jepjepjoo said:
This is what Finland has to offer for the future

Kari Lehtonen
Hannu Toivonen
Ari Ahonen
Vesa Toskala
Miikka Kipprusoff
Jussi Markkanen
Antero Niittymäki
etc.

Don't forget Mika Noronen. 15th in NHL in GAA, and that's after the last few games where he's played really poorly. He was in top 8 for a while.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The Loose Cannon said:
Who cares where they are born? As long as they got some skills that might make hockey exciting again, I don't care if they are coming from Canada, USA, the traditional European hockey countries or Iraq, South Africa, or Vietnam!!!

Agreed!

It just prooves that the NHL is a truly global game. Where the best players on the planet play!

Apr 16, 2002
Rochester, NY
Visit site
The Loose Cannon said:
That is the great thing about hockey. Only basketball comes even close to being a global game. Almost all the NFL and MLB players are from the United States.

Basketball is way ahead of hockey in "the global sport". Sure, hockey has more players from Europe, but that's because NHL rosters are 22 players with a minor league system while NBA teams only can have 12 players. But, even with less # of forign players, NBA has more World stars then the NHL. But besides that, basketball is much more sucessful (attendence wise, money wise) in Europe and Asia then hockey will ever be there.

But the reason why i say NBA/basketball is way ahead, because NBA teams have already been going to Europe/Asia/South America each off-season and played pre-season games, with other NBA teams or vs local teams and places have always been sold out and each event has been huge which is why David Stern hopes to expend the NBA into Europe in 2010.

cagney

cdojdmccjajgejncjaba
Jun 17, 2002
La-La-Laprise said:
Sauve is from Quebec.

He was born in the US but was rasied and played minor hockey in Quebec.

That is like saying Heatley is german.

He still represents the US in international competition.

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
And hoe msny of these

SIBIR said:
future?

what about now? ;)

1. Lang 44 pts
2. Kovalchuk 42 pts
3. Datsjuk 40 pts
4. Naslund 40 pts
5. Palffy 38 pts

;)
high powered europeans played on the New Jersey Devils last year. its apparent that a team needs skill-offense,toughness,defense and a goalie
to win the cup. as individuals these europeans may do well but unless there is some toughness on the ice, they will get the living carp kicked out of them.

i feel the same way, the WHL is putting out piles of tough guys and strong defenseman and think maybe we should change the nhl to the whl. on second though just leave it as the nhl.
:yo: :yo: :yo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->