Disappointments so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
Finnish defense, excluding Laakso and to some extent Korhonen and Mäntymaa.

Hopefully Laakso will be back, I want to see him play more.

stockbroker

Dec 24, 2004
VOB said:
Biggest Disappointment so far: Team Canada fans gloating over the U.S. loss to Belarus last night! I know that many Americans will be (or at least would have) cheering for Canada once the U.S. gets knocked out. I find it rather troubling that so many Canadian fans want to see us fall flat on our face. I mean after all, there are five players on the U.S. roster who play in the CHL and they are representing Major Junior hockey very well. You would think that they would have more support from north of the border :dunno:
You are right VOB. It was a little over done.
You must understand the anger we still feel over our colapse last year to the U.S.

If Canada had choked against Belarus, I'm sure quite a few Americans would be excited.

leafaholix*

stockbroker said:
You are right VOB. It was a little over done.
You must understand the anger we still feel over our colapse last year to the U.S.

If Canada had choked against Belarus, I'm sure quite a few Americans would be excited.
lol, Belarus beat the US.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
VOB said:
Biggest Disappointment so far: Team Canada fans gloating over the U.S. loss to Belarus last night! :

You have a point. It's pathetic how some people seem to get all their fun out of gloating. Seems there is a lot of people with very low self esteem and with no life outside hockey boards. Well, unfortunately we've got them in Finland too, don't worry about that. They mostly gloat over the misfortunes of team Sweden.

espo*

VOB said:
Biggest Disappointment so far: Team Canada fans gloating over the U.S. loss to Belarus last night! I know that many Americans will be (or at least would have) cheering for Canada once the U.S. gets knocked out. I find it rather troubling that so many Canadian fans want to see us fall flat on our face. I mean after all, there are five players on the U.S. roster who play in the CHL and they are representing Major Junior hockey very well. You would think that they would have more support from north of the border :dunno:
I hate to burst your bubble but so many of you guys would be on here giving it to us if we had lost to Belarus that there is no sense making that post......it's the way it is now between U.S and Canada in hockey.......few of you guys will cheer for us against anyone i suspect and you will rub salt in our wounds when you can....i can't understand why you don't get that.Always two sets of rules it seems for some of your fans........"don't give us a hard time you meanies.....but i'll make fun of the canucks all day when/if they lose and i don't want you to say anything about it" hard to stomach that attitude. And still some fans don't see it as reality.........they are the ones i really disrespect.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
cyclops said:
they are the ones i really disrespect.

I have zero respect to anyone who gloats. Especially over the internet...can you be any more cowardly than that?

espo*

Sure....but just don't give me any "you meanies" stuff and attribute a tag to a nationality to it when your own do the same.........i mean you have to be brain dead to hold that attitude........you've gotta lead the way by example not complain about one group of people when your own are every bit as bad.....do you think that will help the situation when you do that? think about it

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
cyclops said:
Sure....but just don't give me any "you meanies" stuff and attribute a tag to a nationality to it when your own do the same.........i mean you have to be brain dead to hold that attitude........you've gotta lead the way by example not complain about one group of people when your own are every bit as bad.....do you think that will help the situation when you do that? think about it

If you would bother to read my earlier post in the thread, you would see that I was very clear about my own nationals doing the same childish stuff. Lets read these posts ok?

That aside, I agree that leading by example is the way to go.

espo*

Boucicaut said:
If you would bother to read my earlier post in the thread, you would see that I was very clear about my own nationals doing the same childish stuff. Lets read these posts ok?

That aside, I agree that leading by example is the way to go.
Sure,i agree with that.It was never my intention to point out Fins in particular and i was'nt....i just think American posters complaining about Canadian posters ripping them (and vise versa) is very foolish since they do the same,i know you understand.We've all gotta chill out and just talk about the games,myself included.

RorschachWJK

Dec 28, 2004
cyclops said:
Sure,i agree with that.It was never my intention to point out Fins in particular and i was'nt....i just think American posters complaining about Canadian posters ripping them (and vise versa) is very foolish since they do the same,i know you understand.We've all gotta chill out and just talk about the games,myself included.

I'll second that. Lets enjoy the games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad