Disappointments so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

Anyone disappointed with any players so far?

There's really only 1 guy that's been a total disappointment for me, Cam Barker. He's been pretty bad... when you consider he was the concensus #3 pick in 2004 with all the hype. He's looked a lot more like Drake Berehowsky than Jay Bouwmeester.

Reilly311

Considering the draft was like this:

Ovechkin > Malkin >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> the rest of the 2004 draft class

I don't think he was the concensus #3 pick by a lot of teams. I don't think anyone was comparing him to J-Bo anyway.

As for dissapointments, I think Anthony Stewart is at the top of the list so far.

PanthersRule96

Jun 15, 2003
Visit site
ANTHONY STEWART :banghead:

I think he's hurt.

He left the ice early that first practice as he was supposedly flying through the drills and then left early. Then he sucked in the exhibition games and has sucked so far. I think he's hurt cuz if he was healthy, he'd be dominating the game. :teach:

Hawker14

Oct 27, 2004
the team canada coaching/management staff.

it's a shock canada is only outscoring their opponents 26-4 in the two exhibition and two tournament games.

it's time for another hockey summit to find out just what's wrong with canadian hockey.

:bow:

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Leafaholix said:

There's really only 1 guy that's been a total disappointment for me, Cam Barker. He's been pretty bad... when you consider he was the concensus #3 pick in 2004 with all the hype. He's looked a lot more like Drake Berehowsky than Jay Bouwmeester.
Don't agree. Barkers been pretty good.

Chaos

And the winner is...
Sep 2, 2003
TX
PanthersRule said:
ANTHONY STEWART :banghead:

I think he's hurt.

He left the ice early that first practice as he was supposedly flying through the drills and then left early. Then he sucked in the exhibition games and has sucked so far. I think he's hurt cuz if he was healthy, he'd be dominating the game. :teach:

Ever thought that maybe, just maybe he's just not playing well right now? Believe it or not, it does happen to prospects, even Florida Panthers ones ;) .

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Stewart and Barker of Team Canada .. Dixon and Ladd, Coburn have just been average and Dawes was not so hot , but played better today ..

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Basically the whole Swedish team, besides Soderberg, Fransson, and Befors (sp?)
were pretty crappy today.

I Hate You All*

Crosby!

Every goal he scores is a tap-in on the powerplay!

I thought he was the next Gretzky?!?!?!!!!! :eek:

IAMCANADIAN

Jun 10, 2004
I'm glad someone else started this thread because I was thinking the samething. I've been kinda disappointed with the Canadian d as a whole. I don't get to see any of them play but I was expecting more out of guys like Barker.

blackgoldblue

Feb 15, 2004
Leafaholix said:

\

LOL!!! Drake Berehowsky

CH Wizard

Andrei Kostitsyn , Anthony Stewart ,Cam Barker , Coburn , Ladd :lol .

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
I am not sure how he has played so far but based on pure stats

I expected Lukas Kaspar to be one of the top scorers for the czechs

Adrei Kostytsin (sry 4 da spelling) has not been lighting up like many expected

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
The Messenger said:
Stewart and Barker of Team Canada .. Dixon and Ladd, Coburn have just been average and Dawes was not so hot , but played better today ..

Dixon isn't exactly put in a role where he can shine on paper. MacArthur is doing exceptionally well in the same role, but that's an anomaly when he's only being outscored by Crosby and Bergeron for the entire tournament.

Danny Syvret, Nigel Dawes, Andrew Ladd and Jeff Glass for team Canada have not impressed me, but the only one I really had hopes for was Ladd, who isn't exactly living up to his 4th overall billing.

Lessy

Jul 21, 2004
Sudbury
Dixon has been alright IMO. He's not expected to score but has been sound defensively. Stewart has struggled as well as Ladd and Dawes, at least before the Sweden game where they were both solid. On the other side, how about surprise players so far. CLARKE MACARTHUR.

leafaholix*

jtuzzi21 said:
Don't agree. Barkers been pretty good.
He hasn't been good, he's been average.

Other guys that have been almost as disappointing...

Andrew Ladd
Braydon Coburn
Loui Eriksson
Robert Nilsson
Andrei Kostitsyn
Nigel Dawes (better vs. Sweden)
Ryan Getzlaf
Anthony Stewart

leafaholix*

Bob McKenzie said on the broadcast that Robert Nilsson played poorly the other night against Germany, his work ethic was poor... and he didn't do anything to impress in game 2 vs. Canada.

This guy was my favourite prospect going into the 2003 draft, if not for his poor work ethic, he would be so much better.

Juicer

Mar 14, 2004
Definately Anthony Stewart. Not only have I rarely noticed him, when I did it has been because he is making a poor decision. He doesn't use his linemates at all.

Crossroads*

Jeff Glass... I thought he'd be much better but in the few shots he has faced so far he looks very nervous.

Crease

Chief Justice of the HFNYR Court
Jul 12, 2004
I wasn't thrilled when the Rangers took Montoya with the 6th pick overall...and I'm still not. He had one great week a year ago in the WJC and all of the sudden he's the next coming of Richter. Great story, great kid, great marketing...but he's just not living up to his billing this week so for nor is his season with Michigan going all peachy.

mooseOAK*

My disappointment is in the quality of the teams. Sweden, Finland, Czech Republic, Slovakia, sorry but I don't see much especially based on the players that used to come out of there. Sweden reminded me of Germany.

Get me to the medal round and quick so we can see a game involving two good teams again.

MentalPowerHouse

Oct 11, 2003
I have only seen Canada's games.

I have also been disappointed with Canada's defensemen as a whole, other than Dion who seems to play the whole game. Makes it hard to get a good look at the others. Seabrook looked pretty good coming back from injury though. Cobourn I am pretty disappointed in, he is just not the dominating physical force he needs to be.

I don't know what game people were watching but Dawes was terrific today, so was Getzlaf. Ladd was alright, but it's clear he is outclassed by Carter and Getzlaf. He's a hard worker just doesn't have the same skill level.

The line of Dawes, Richards, and Steward is just not clicking at the moment, but considering all 3 other lines are for Canada it doesn't matter. They aren't getting any powerplay time, except Dawes with Carter and Getzlaf. And seem to have been reduced from first line last year to third this year.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
The Messenger said:

Well, considering you named half of the Canadian team I guess they aren't doing too bad with 7 - 3 and 8 - 1 victories and they weren't exactly against the lower tier of WJC teams. The Swiss and Belarus are lucky they don't have to face the Canadians. Also, remember Barker is an '86 and this is for the most part a 19 yr old tourney. He isn't the go to guy on the team by any means. He's the 6th or 7th guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->