Dirty hit by Wood on Namestnikov (warning in OP) upd: 2 game suspension

HallStar

Jun 9, 2016
Yeah you can't do that. I'm glad Namestnikov is okay. The NHL is very inconsistent with suspensions and fines, I wonder what this hit will get.

Reactions: Striiker

MtoD

Feb 4, 2018
Doesn't look like he left the ice until contact was initiated so he didn't jump into it.

It was 100% a hit from behind, right into the numbers, and no mitigating factors. Going against Wood is that he had ample time to pull up.. going for him is that the contact with the boards wasn't extremely violent..

With no injury on the play but only a minor called, I imagine this will get a 1-2 game suspension (1 if no previous history, 2 if previous history). I would be surprised if it gets 5+ games based on previous precedents though.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Bad hit. Wood plays pretty wrecklessly which leads to these types of hits. He had quite a few suspensions in college due to his style of play.

Reactions: Striiker

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Doesn't look like he left the ice until contact was initiated so he didn't jump into it.

It was 100% a hit from behind, right into the numbers, and no mitigating factors.

With no injury on the play but only a minor called, I imagine this will get a 1-2 game suspension (1 if no previous history, 2 if previous history). I would be surprised if it gets 5+ games based on previous precedents though.
Namestnikov is now off the bench I think.

Striiker

Former Flyers Fan
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I'd be pretty mad if I were a Lightning fan.

This kind of hit is always awful, but especially when it's a garbage player doing it to a real player (because the team has nothing to lose).

Plus, just look at the cheapshots on Sustr right afterwards. He was ready to fight because he knew what he did was wrong. Seems pre-meditated. Was there a history between the players that caused this disgusting sequence of events?

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Nasty as can be. Cannot believe Wood wasn’t given a game misconduct. Also, I’m pretty sure Sustr’s nose is broken from trying to defend Vlad.

t9ir7r.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->