Player Discussion Dion Phaneuf

Uchiha

Jun 14, 2014
Right. Like how we were in trouble last year all the way up to 2OT of the ECF. Or how we're in deep trouble so far this season. Phaneuf clearly isn't cutting it, and the sky is falling.

Lol. Or maybe he's totally adequate as a 2nd pair D, so is Ceci, and our coach likes to use 7D so no one gets too overstretched anyways. We have great depth on the blueline right now.

I also seem to remember Dion being a part of some timely goals this season already. It's funny how people can see things so completely differently.
Erik & Bobby lead us the the ECF. Don't let their amazing performance in the post season make you think Phaneuf was good. Especially against NYR and Pitt, he was abysmal.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Phaneuf after every whistle cross checks someone, face washes someone, punches someone in the face. He's the definition of Old School. I personally love his style.

During the Murray years we were such a soft team, Phaneuf gives us an edge we've been missing since Chara left. He's top 2 toughest Sens Dman ever along with Chara

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Phaneuf after every whistle cross checks someone, face washes someone, punches someone in the face. He's the definition of Old School. I personally love his style.

During the Murray years we were such a soft team, Phaneuf gives us an edge we've been missing since Chara left. He's top 2 toughest Sens Dman ever along with Chara

While I agree in the fact that I like that Phaneuf plays that way your second paragraph is hilarious. Murray traded for Phaneuf and the team has less toughness now than it did his entire era. What you said is pure fiction. Not only was Murray the one that acquired him Dorion literally just tried to trade him hahaha.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
While I agree in the fact that I like that Phaneuf plays that way your second paragraph is hilarious. Murray traded for Phaneuf and the team has less toughness now than it did his entire era. What you said is pure fiction. Not only was Murray the one that acquired him Dorion literally just tried to trade him hahaha.

Yeah I know Murray acquired Dion. I think every Sens fan does. We were there.

I thought the Murray Sens were butter soft. The Dorion Sens are way tougher, stick together way more and push back way more. Murray liked his goons and traded for them, but the team toughness I'm talking about is blue paint toughness, overall team grit. I like this teams attitude way better then any team Murray put together.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Yeah I know Murray acquired Dion. I think every Sens fan does. We were there.

I thought the Murray Sens were butter soft. The Dorion Sens are way tougher, stick together way more and push back way more. Murray liked his goons and traded for them, but the team toughness I'm talking about is blue paint toughness, overall team grit. I like this teams attitude way better then any team Murray put together.

Well Murray put 90% of this team together, what you are talking about is the culture that Boucher has created. Which I agree is fantastic, Dorion did hire him so on some level you are correct. But if you are trying to suggest Murray didnt value compete or toughness I think you maybe mistaken.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Well Murray put 90% of this team together, what you are talking about is the culture that Boucher has created. Which I agree is fantastic, Dorion did hire him so on some level you are correct. But if you are trying to suggest Murray didnt value compete or toughness I think you maybe mistaken.

Acutllay Dorin has gotten rid of : Zibby, Hammond, Methot, Lazar, Chiasson, Prince, Weircoche.....and Scott Gomez. So there's been a lot of turnover in key positions and t key prospects.

And I didn't say Murray doesn't value toughness, I just think he didn't assemble tough teams.

Knave

Mar 6, 2007
Ottawa
Acutllay Dorin has gotten rid of : Zibby, Hammond, Methot, Lazar, Chiasson, Prince, Weircoche.....and Scott Gomez. So there's been a lot of turnover in key positions and t key prospects.

And I didn't say Murray doesn't value toughness, I just think he didn't assemble tough teams.

That's a lot of toughness that Dorion subtracted from the Murray era.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->