Dion Phaneuf to Join Team Canada

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
I wonder if the "healed injury" was someone telling him, if you expect to play at the Olympics in 2010, you better pack your bags in a hurry.

Highly doubt it...........he is the future of Team Canada's blueline.........will sure be nice to get to see him alongside Weber again though:yo:

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
As far as I know per new CBA nobody can't prevent players from participating in WC if their teams aren't in cup hunt.. Maybe there's something more than Sutter's decision :dunno:

According to the CBA they can't prevent players to participate.
But they can express their like or dislike of the action.

And then it's up to the player to have his federation miffed or have his boss miffed.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
Typical Canadian antics by Sutter, force Huselius to stay at home and send his best Canadians. Sutter defenitly shows his true class, what a scu mbag

Its not the first Swede that have been forced to stay at home. We currently have the lowest number (1) of NHL players in a WCH that any of the top 7 have had since 1995 when the tournament was decided before the regular season ended.

Even if there isn't much value in a WCH youd wish to atleast get a fair chance without crap like this.

As far as I know per new CBA nobody can't prevent players from participating in WC if their teams aren't in cup hunt.. Maybe there's something more than Sutter's decision :dunno:

If you are Huselius and Sutter tells you under no circumstances should play, I think its a pretty smart career move to not go...

hdw

Jul 9, 2006
Stockholm
Typical Canadian antics by Sutter, force Huselius to stay at home and send his best Canadians. Sutter defenitly shows his true class, what a scu mbag

Its not the first Swede that have been forced to stay at home. We currently have the lowest number (1) of NHL players in a WCH that any of the top 7 have had since 1995 when the tournament was decided before the regular season ended.
Actually I don't there's that many that has ben stopped without a reason.

Husse's case does indeed look odd but for the others I think it's more about not having willing, healthy, motivated and good enough swedes available.

The swedes in Rangers, Wings and Nucks are still playing and looks like they intend to continue for a while, a bunch of young Stars having fun in Iowa, and so on.

If you are Huselius and Sutter tells you under no circumstances should play, I think its a pretty smart career move to not go...

It would indeed.
Unless you are Peter Forsberg and can tell your GM, coach and medical staff to sod off and get away with it:)

Zim

Jan 19, 2006
I was wondering does anyone know if Seabrook or Duncan Keith were offered places. I would have though they were better than some of the defenders that went and i'd also think they'd jump at the chance to play for Canada.

Pushkin*

Seabrook was there last year and did a good job he probably was injured. D.Keith is not a guy with "canadian" future... They brought some young guys with potentiel and then 4th line and last D's are guys coach Murray "knows" and brought to play a certain "role"...

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Typical Canadian antics by Sutter,

What exactly is a Typical Canadian antic?

Call 10 Canadians to see if they care about this tourney. If you got 2 to say yes you would probably be pretty close.

Would it be appropriate to suggest that Huselius took the typical soft Swede way out by not standing up to him? I would never suggest that but sounds a lot like what you are saying.

Pushkin*

It's funny that tsn has better ratings come 1/4 1/2 finals of the world championships than they have showing nhl playoffs... So then 0,5/10 cares about nhl playoffs in Canada ???? You guys need to open yourselves to the world. This tournament is more popular here than nhl p-offs just imagine in Europe !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad