Dion Phaneuf named Prospects Hockey Magazine CHL player of the year again

Status
Not open for further replies.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
For anyone who's curious, Phanuef is on Sportsnet right now and looked like a pylon on Clarke MacArthur's goal.

For all the talk about overrating Crosby, I think Dion is the most overrated prospect out there.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
GagneOwnsYou said:
For anyone who's curious, Phanuef is on Sportsnet right now and looked like a pylon on Clarke MacArthur's goal.
lol, too funny. Way to single out one play and then vastly egaggerate it. For those wondering Dion Phaneuf played well over 30 minutes last night, had a rocket of a goal for the Rebels which he started in the neutral zone, passed it up to his teammate, moved around the defender and then got in the clear for a gorgeous one timer slapper.. what a rocket. He broke up many plays by himself, and was named 2nd star.

Its amazing how you singled out one play and then formulated an opinion on the player. Try watching the entire game.

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
MrMastodonFarm said:
lol, too funny. Way to single out one play and then vastly egaggerate it. For those wondering Dion Phaneuf played well over 30 minutes last night, had a rocket of a goal for the Rebels which he started in the neutral zone, passed it up to his teammate, moved around the defender and then got in the clear for a gorgeous one timer slapper.. what a rocket. He broke up many plays by himself, and was named 2nd star.

Its amazing how you singled out one play and then formulated an opinion on the player. Try watching the entire game.

Don't ge toff topic. I saw Phaneuf get beat. Badly. Obviously, so did you. I don't think that the best player in the CHL is supposed to be owned like that.

Phanuthier*

GagneOwnsYou said:
Don't ge toff topic. I saw Phaneuf get beat. Badly. Obviously, so did you. I don't think that the best player in the CHL is supposed to be owned like that.
Again, one play. ONE play. I've seen Chris Pronger, Adam Foote, Rob Blake and Scott Stevens get undressed a few times in the NHL too. What does that mean? In the grand scheme of things, zip.

sehnsucht

Mar 10, 2004
how is it offtopic to talk about how Phaneuf was 2nd star in a game when he was "owned" so badly?

Phanuthier*

GagneOwnsYou said:
He scored a goal. I'v eseen some pretty horrrible three star selections in my time.
I never realized how much the 3 star selections ment to you, and its correlation to the quality of a player or prospect!

FearTheFlyers

Feb 3, 2003
Visit site
Splatman Phanutier said:
I never realized how much the 3 star selections ment to you, and its correlation to the quality of a player or prospect!

Either I missed out on a really hilarious joke or you need to read this again.

Phanuthier*

GagneOwnsYou said:
Either I missed out on a really hilarious joke or you need to read this again.
You missed out on the joke, and I don't feel like ruining it by having to explain it.

Phanuthier*

GagneOwnsYou said:
Yeah, don't you hate having to do that?
Sure do.

So how about that Dion Phaneuf? Isn't he the next coming of Jesus or what?

Jag68Sid87

Sullivan gots to go!
Oct 1, 2003
Montreal, QC
I don't think you have to single out one bad play by Phaneuf to boost up Crosby's candidacy as the very best prospect in the CHL. As others have pointed out, everybody is going to get played if you're a defenseman at some point. Heck, one night at the old Montreal Forum I saw Kirk Muller skate circles right around Ray Bourque to score a highlight-reel goal. Yes, that's not a typo, Muller schooling Bourque. Stuff happens.

That said, this is the beauty of the message board--specifically threads like these. Nobody is wrong and time usually tells all. So, I totally respect Impaler's statement that Lecavalier is the better NHL prospect over Crosby. I disagree, but respect the comment at face value.

For my money, I think Crosby is not only the best prospect to come along in a long time, but he WILL make an immediate impact in the NHL...something like a top-10 finish in league scoring whenever they start up again.

Again, time will tell.

Phanuthier*

Jag68Vlady27 said:
I don't think you have to single out one bad play by Phaneuf to boost up Crosby's candidacy as the very best prospect in the CHL. As others have pointed out, everybody is going to get played if you're a defenseman at some point. Heck, one night at the old Montreal Forum I saw Kirk Muller skate circles right around Ray Bourque to score a highlight-reel goal. Yes, that's not a typo, Muller schooling Bourque. Stuff happens.

That said, this is the beauty of the message board--specifically threads like these. Nobody is wrong and time usually tells all. So, I totally respect Impaler's statement that Lecavalier is the better NHL prospect over Crosby. I disagree, but respect the comment at face value.

For my money, I think Crosby is not only the best prospect to come along in a long time, but he WILL make an immediate impact in the NHL...something like a top-10 finish in league scoring whenever they start up again.

Again, time will tell.
I think it has more to do with Jeff Carter then Sidney Crosby... the avatar kind of gives at away.

MrMastodonFarm*

Jul 5, 2004
GagneOwnsYou said:
Don't ge toff topic.
Talking about Dion Phaneuf in a Dion Phaneuf thead is off topic? How interesting. I've seen Patrick Roy let is some softies back in the day, one bad play ruins Dion Phaneuf as a top prospect?

You're really reaching my friend. Since you are so interested I will update you on Phaneuf again.. he had yet another goal last night (Saturday March 6th) was a plus 1, and was the first star. That is an outstanding 22 goals for him so far this season. :)

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
pei fan said:
I can't see Phaneuf being a lock.Fehr has a chance,maybe a good one.

I agree.....Fehr has had an unbelievable season....he should have a great shot at taking the WHL player of the year this year...what a wrist shot...and im a huge phauenf fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->