Blue Jays Discussion: #Dingerz in Texas - Jays 2 - 0 Rangers

Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Always wonder if Price is ever going to win a playoff game, really do not understand that

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Kevin Barker should be lead analyst. Find his insight much more enlightening than Zaun.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Ahh PTSD.

Nah **** him.

Why? It's not like he said no to Toronto to go to Boston. Jays never gave him an offer (in hindsight, it looks great that we went with Happ and Estrada who have given us 2 valuable playoff wins so far).

I hope the guy does well except against us. By all accounts, he was a great pro and the Jays loved having him as a teammate.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
you can actually understand what Kevin Barker is saying???
Yeah, his accent is so deeply southern, he needs subtitles like they have on those reality shows where they focus on people living in the backwoods. If he wasn't married to Hazel Mae, I would be amazed that he somehow overcame his difficulties to get a job on the radio.

I'm not a fan of Zaun. He's way too players code, acting macho,dismissive of analytics and trying to be baseball's Don Cherry but at least I can understand him.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Why? It's not like he said no to Toronto to go to Boston. Jays never gave him an offer (in hindsight, it looks great that we went with Happ and Estrada who have given us 2 valuable playoff wins so far).
Yeah, I dislike him a bit cause he's on the Sox's and they are a rival. But, outside of his playoff's he was a key part of breaking out playoffs slump, and seemed to love being in Toronto. I'm glad we don't have him on that deal at the moment (especially at the expense of Happ and Estrada) but I thought he was great. It was even rumoured he would of signed with us if we came close (not even matching the offer). We seemed not interested.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto

I hope the guy does well except against us. By all accounts, he was a great pro and the Jays loved having him as a teammate.

Spot on, not many superstars want to play outside the U S. Price didn't seem to mind, he liked us.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON
Yeah, I dislike him a bit cause he's on the Sox's and they are a rival. But, outside of his playoff's he was a key part of breaking out playoffs slump, and seemed to love being in Toronto. I'm glad we don't have him on that deal at the moment (especially at the expense of Happ and Estrada) but I thought he was great. It was even rumoured he would of signed with us if we came close (not even matching the offer). We seemed not interested.

Any player (unless they're an idiot) is going to say they enjoy playing for a team. Especially in this day of social media, where you're going to have to deal with the lunatic portion of that team's fans.

I was never sure why people figured that Price was anything but a rental who would wander on his merry way after the season.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Barker is unintelligible and a complete moron that only has a job because he shares a bed with Hazel Mae. Zaun isn't the best but that would be a massive step down.

Should just get Buck as the analyst and Shulman as the full time PBP guy. Buck isn't getting any younger so I'm sure the guy wouldn't mind less travel.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
Any player (unless they're an idiot) is going to say they enjoy playing for a team. Especially in this day of social media, where you're going to have to deal with the lunatic portion of that team's fans.

I was never sure why people figured that Price was anything but a rental who would wander on his merry way after the season.

What are you saying? Players can't genuinely enjoy playing in/for Toronto?

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Hopefully Sanchez can completely shut down the Rangers offense and the Jays can keep the bats going. They went quiet today once Texas' pen got into the game.

Can't overlook how many hits and opportunities the Rangers had to score today - wouldn't want to give them that chance again.

It's comforting though knowing that the Jays have Stroman in game 4 if they can't get the sweep on Sunday.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Before anyone bites my head off, hear me out

I think Stroman should start game 3

Here's why, first he'll be on his normal rest. 2nd, both pitchers are going to get the chance to pitch in a win and advance game, unless whoever pitches game 3 wins we advance. So Sanchez will get the opportunity to pitch in a game to get us to the ALCS regardless, unless Stroman already gets the job done. Why not use Stroman first, and if he gets the win you save Sanchez's innings for the next series and hopefully the WS. I fear if he pitches this series, and then twice in the ALCS we're gonna get to the WS if we do and he'll be approaching 210 innings and they'll say, nope he starts game 4 and only gets 1 WS game.

If you use Stroman first, you give yourself the oppurtunity to get the series done without using Sanchez, and if it doesn't work you have Sanchez going in a win and advance game anyway. Both Sanchez and Stroman will get to pitch unless the first 1 wins so they order isn't a big deal.

If it were 1-1, or 0-2 down then yeah get him out then in the crucial game 3 to go up 2-1 since there's gonna be a game 4 anyway or get him up there in the 0-2 elimination game for us knowing to advance we have to go through games 4 and 5 too. But up 2-0 he'll get a game if we need him bu we have the oppurtunity to save him.

The only real hypothetical downside is momentum. You throw Sanchez out there Sunday he shuts down the Rangers and it's done, you throw Stroman out there and they win they start gaining confidence into the game against Sanchez, but honestly I don't really feel like that's a big issue.

ok, now that you've heard me out feel free to bite my head off

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County

He's saying that it's silly to believe a player in Price's circumstance would stay in any city just because he said he loved the city. History with big name FA's proves money talks - and he went where the biggest money was. Maybe had the Jays matched or slightly outbid the Red Sox, we would see Price getting knocked around by the Rangers today.

rojac

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2007
Waterloo, ON

I was talking about any city, not just Toronto. I'm saying that if a player is always going to say he enjoyed playing somewhere whether it's true or not -- just to avoid dealing with that team's lunatic fans in social media.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->