Did Montoya **** the bed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

espo*

Rabid Ranger said:
True, although I don't think many people expected Montoya to implode like he has. If he was on top of his game from the get go, I think the U.S. would be 4-0, despite the struggles of much of the defense.
I did'nt expect it but if you remember that in an earlier thread me,you and others were talking about this subject and i cautioned U.S fans about thinking Montoya was the king in nets of this tourney because we thought the same thing about Fleury going into the thing last year and looked what happened.Like i said....goaltending is a funny thing and performance can't be taken for granted......Montoya has been bad but it does'nt shock me at all....it surprises me but does'nt shock me,that's goaltending for ya!!

forester

Dec 25, 2004
Watch Out

Despite the problems they've had to date, I fully expect if the U.S. plays Canada that there would be a much better effort by the entire U.S. team. And it wouldn't surprise me at all to see the U.S. in the final against Canada and for Montoya to play like he did last year.

SwisshockeyAcademy

Dec 11, 2002
Visit site
The saying, "goaltending is 85% of the game, when it is bad it is 100%." You can crap on Sandelin all you want and there are a couple of things i take issue with... but this team has talent and their goaltending has been well below average and even when it was OK( Czech game) there were still bad goals in the game. The US are going down unless Montoya shakes the crappy goals out of his system.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Alexander Steen said:
If it hadn't been for horrendous goaltending and defense, this team would be 4-0.

Don't forget that if the USA had scored more goals than their opponents in each game, they would also be 4-0.

Firefly

Mar 9, 2004
Mohawk Valley
kmad said:
Don't forget that if the USA had scored more goals than their opponents in each game, they would also be 4-0.

All forecheck no backcheck. They must have gotten cocky with the way it worked against Russia. Hasn't worked since. :help:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->