Did Kadri develop because of good Leafs player management/development or despite it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Check your post history for the reason why at every turn you take an opportunity to post past history about Kadri like it is relevant today.

How about addressing the whole bs about his career being over if the Leafs did not turn his life around crap.

Plain to see you hate Kadri now and before so why the charade?

Oh right. I forgot.

You are the guy who said you discount everything positive I say about him because you “know” I am negative.

Fun.

As for “if he doesn’t change, he won’t be an NHL player”... crap was it? Best to ask Lou Lamoriello as that was his quote.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I always thought the Kadri quotes weren't about his NHL career being over, they were about his career being over with the Leafs.

Agree 100% and I think it's pretty bizarre that some people think otherwise.

The only issue I ever have with Kadri is I get fed up that when he's having a slump, something all good players do some of his supporters go on the warpath and blame everyone around him.

Not true at all. When Kadri was in slump earlier who else did you see being blamed? Everyone acknowledged he was slumping. Remember when he took a dumb penalty a few months ago? Did you notice even one person saying it wasn't a dumb penalty?

The thing is, Lou offered up “if you don’t do this, you won’t be an NHL hockey player”.

Did he misspeak? Maybe. But it’s been online for about a year now with no correction.

It was pretty clear that this was a serious thing.

Only have to look at Lupul to see how it could have turned. .

I think it's pretty funny you keep being up this quote like it was evidence of something. Are you really saying everything Lou or Shanahan say to the media should be taken literally?

Sure, he may have learned/benefited in some ways, yet at the same time imo the evidence overwhelmingly suggests the Leafs were overall horrible at developing young talent during that period. So circling back to the original thread question id still say he developed the way he has mostly in spite of the Leafs organization rather than as a result of their efforts.

Absolutely. When Shanahan took over things started to change but until then, he was handled poorly.

Stop projecting, Bozak get's blamed for his short comings. The only player who doesn't on the entire team is Kadri. No one goes to ludicrous lengths to excuse Bozak's bad play, the only player who gets the treatment you're describing is Kadri. Kadri is the only player who has a band of like 5-6 posters who tear apart any player to justify Kadri's short comings or slumps.

Kadri is a fantastic guy to have on the team but his band of zealots have poisoned this board and I'm far from the only poster who thinks this.

What are these shortcomings? I think most people agree that since Babcock arrived he's been clearly one of the top 3-4 forwards on the team, I doubt anyone expected more from him. He's not a top 10 player in the leagu, is that a shortcoming? And as I mentioned earlier, when he took a dumb penalty not one person said that it wasn't dumb so sorry but this idea that people try to justify everything he does is just wrong - when Kadri screws up not one person makes excuses for him. Same goes for his suspension, not one person has said he didn't deserve to be suspended or that there weren't issues he didn't need to deal with so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Reactions: saffronleaf

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Oh right. I forgot.

You are the guy who said you discount everything positive I say about him because you “know” I am negative.

Fun.

As for “if he doesn’t change, he won’t be an NHL player”... crap was it? Best to ask Lou Lamoriello as that was his quote.

Your posts prove my claims...and yet you complain that I do not believe you...how ironic.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
For A person who claims he likes Kadri now you sure spend a lot of time attempting to disprove your own claim.

Constantly bringing up old news to discredit him.

I love Kadri always have he is and always has been a very skilled player who always played for keeps and dispite your continued attempts to post nonsense about Kadri at a crossroad in his NHL career it was never in jeopardy at all never!

Yeah it's pretty obvious Lou's quote was hyperbole and not meant to be taken literally.

Oh right. I forgot.

Fun.

Since you take quotes from the Leafs brass as gospel, here's one for you. Shanahan (you know, Lou's boss) has this to say:
The easiest thing for us to do at this point would be sweep it under the rug and put this off to the off-season to deal with, but Naz is an important part of our future.

Note the bolded part - he didn't say "we hope Naz is a part of our future" or "we want Naz to be part of our future" or "it's up to Naz if he's a part of our future" or anything like that. It was 100%, completely unambiguous that Naz IS an important part of future. So there you have it, sorry to disappoint you but Shanahan made it clear that not only would Naz be an NHL player but he was an important part of the Leafs future.

Here's the link for you. Oh and thanks for coming out, you're flipping tiresome but at times, entertaining. :laugh:
Nazem Kadri’s Leaf future hangs in balance after suspension: Arthur | Toronto Star

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
1. Check the thread title. That might give you a clue as to why we are chatting about the past

2. Discredit? Overcoming a personal struggle to achieve success is discrediting him?

Dude he is Gas Lighting you, its the one thing he consistently does.

Just walk away.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Stop projecting, Bozak get's blamed for his short comings. The only player who doesn't on the entire team is Kadri. No one goes to ludicrous lengths to excuse Bozak's bad play, the only player who gets the treatment you're describing is Kadri. Kadri is the only player who has a band of like 5-6 posters who tear apart any player to justify Kadri's short comings or slumps.

Kadri is a fantastic guy to have on the team but his band of zealots have poisoned this board and I'm far from the only poster who thinks this.

here, here.
like case in point you bring in literal quotes from several people and apparently that's not what it means at all and it's BS and crap. like. for goodness sakes.

and now we're bringing flipping Bozak into this? seriously.

the question is who helped Kadri develop or did Kadri help himself.
the answer is (truthfully) somewhere in the middle
but God is it ever tiring to point out facts, and provide quotes and and basically stuff dissolves into this.

Last edited:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Dude he is Gas Lighting you, its the one thing he consistently does.

Just walk away.

Ok.

You are hired as my life coach.

I’d like to paint an IKEA bookcase in an Orangey-Reddish colour.... maybe a Delicious Citrus Merlot? What do you think?

Just need to build it with a crooked piece of metal

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Agree 100% and I think it's pretty bizarre that some people think otherwise.

Not true at all. When Kadri was in slump earlier who else did you see being blamed? Everyone acknowledged he was slumping. Remember when he took a dumb penalty a few months ago? Did you notice even one person saying it wasn't a dumb penalty?

I think it's pretty funny you keep being up this quote like it was evidence of something. Are you really saying everything Lou or Shanahan say to the media should be taken literally?

Absolutely. When Shanahan took over things started to change but until then, he was handled poorly.

What are these shortcomings? I think most people agree that since Babcock arrived he's been clearly one of the top 3-4 forwards on the team, I doubt anyone expected more from him. He's not a top 10 player in the leagu, is that a shortcoming? And as I mentioned earlier, when he took a dumb penalty not one person said that it wasn't dumb so sorry but this idea that people try to justify everything he does is just wrong - when Kadri screws up not one person makes excuses for him. Same goes for his suspension, not one person has said he didn't deserve to be suspended or that there weren't issues he didn't need to deal with so I'm not sure what you're talking about.

Kadri didn't score a goal in like 21 or 22 games and it was barely discussed. That slump was blamed entirely on Komarov despite the fact he broke the slump on the power play being setup by Bozak. There is no other player on the Leaf's who is more immune to criticism than Kadri because anytime you bring him up the same group of people jump on you and deflect blame. I don't know why they do it or what they are trying to prove but it makes this place toxic. When Kadri screws up it's not worth saying anything because it derails any thread.

Look at this thread it's about Kadri's development and some people are talking about Bozak's flaws and how he doesn't get enough blame. In what world does Tyler Bozak not get enough blame?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pookie

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
here, here.
like case in point you bring in literal quotes from several people and apparently that's not what it means at all and it's BS and crap. like. for goodness sakes.

and now we're bringing flipping Bozak into this? seriously.

the question is who helped Kadri develop or did Kadri help himself.
the answer is (truthfully) somewhere in the middle
but God is it ever tiring to point out facts, and provide quotes and and basically stuff dissolves into this.

The one I can’t understand denying... aside from Lou... is Kadri himself.

Basically confirming there was a life choice. A path in one direction or a path in another. What did people think that choice was... to play goalie?

IPS

Sep 28, 2017

I'm quoting one right now. Bozak is a garbage player and I'm happy the organization is finally in a place where we can move on from these kinds of players.

Sorry folks, but the Kadri vs Bozak debate is finally over - Kadri won by a landslide.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I'm quoting one right now. Bozak is a garbage player and I'm happy the organization is finally in a place where we can move on from these kinds of players.

Sorry folks, but the Kadri vs Bozak debate is finally over - Kadri won by a landslide.

Oh look one of the zealots are here to attack people and make this thread toxic, quelle surprise.

Last edited:

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Kadri didn't score a goal in like 21 or 22 games and it was barely discussed. That slump was blamed entirely on Komarov despite the fact he broke the slump on the power play being setup by Bozak. There is no other player on the Leaf's who is more immune to criticism than Kadri because anytime you bring him up the same group of people jump on you and deflect blame. I don't know why they do it or what they are trying to prove but it makes this place toxic. When Kadri screws up it's not worth saying anything because it derails any thread.

Look at this thread it's about Kadri's development and some people are talking about Bozak's flaws and how he doesn't get enough blame. In what world does Tyler Bozak not get enough blame?

Oh come on now, if anything I'd say the opposite is true. Have you already forgotten when Kadri took a dumb penalty a while back and there were immediately literally hundreds of posts criticizing him? I also don't recall even one person saying he didn't deserve the criticism either so sorry but this narrative is simply wrong.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Oh come on now, if anything I'd say the opposite is true. Have you already forgotten when Kadri took a dumb penalty a while back and there were immediately literally hundreds of posts criticizing him? I also don't recall even one person saying he didn't deserve the criticism either so sorry but this narrative is simply wrong.

At no point did a single penalty Kadri took generate hundreds of post on the Leafs board attacking him.

I assume you can link said thread that shows pretty much the entire active board criticizing him?

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
At no point did a single penalty Kadri took generate hundreds of post on the Leafs board attacking him.

I assume you can link said thread that shows pretty much the entire active board criticizing him?

what Gary is talking about is that penalty when Kadri got cheapshot and took a dumb retaliatory penalty, but negated one we had. (or something like that, i don't remember). and the usual suspectrs got so mad, because people were saying that the penalty was selfish and that kadri should have clocked the guy later, not when he, being on the most proficient powerplay was needed to score to tie the game, vs. being in the box and negating said powerplay.

note how i am phrasing this.
Kadri took a dumb, selfish penalty.
that was exactly how it was said, and how it was phrased throughout the entire thread.

you can imagine who, got incensed because for whatever reason they assumed people were calling Kadri dumb and selfish. no matter how many people explained that wasn't the case, and explained the situation, oh no. how dare you call Kadri selfish (which no one did) he is so awesome and amazing, and blah blah blah blah blah. ignoring the fact that countless other players in that situation have been called the same thing (ie: bad penalty, dumb penalty, selfish penalty). and that did not mean that Kadri was dumb or selfish. hell. Polak took one a week later, people said it was okay (because he stood up for andersen) but itr was also a dumb one to take because of the timing, no one said a peep.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
what Gary is talking about is that penalty when Kadri got cheapshot and took a dumb retaliatory penalty, but negated one we had. (or something like that, i don't remember). and the usual suspectrs got so mad, because people were saying that the penalty was selfish and that kadri should have clocked the guy later, not when he, being on the most proficient powerplay was needed to score to tie the game, vs. being in the box and negating said powerplay.

that was exactly how it was said, and how it was phrased throughout the entire thread.

you can imagine who, got incensed because for whatever reason they assumed people were calling Kadri dumb and selfish. no matter how many people explained that wasn't the case, and explained the situation, oh no. how dare you call Kadri selfish (which no one did) he is so awesome and amazing, and blah blah blah blah blah. ignoring the fact that countless other players in that situation have been called the same thing (ie: bad penalty, dumb penalty, selfish penalty). and that did not mean that Kadri was dumb or selfish. hell. Polak took one a week later, people said it was okay (because he stood up for andersen) but itr was also a dumb one to take because of the timing, no one said a peep.

It’s almost like there’s a small group of extremely vocal posters who like to project their behaviour on anyone who dares call them out.

Yeah I remember that, so much conversation. Had that been anyone else it’s a page or two of stupid penalty comments and we move on.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
As many of the Kadri threads; just wondering when this one bites the dust.

P.S. Kadri has the most threads on HF Leafs forums (whether it is hatred driven or not..... ) :laugh:

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Do people seriously think that Kadri's off-ice partying issues would have killed his NHL career right away? I'm sure his career with the Leafs would be over under Lou and Babs, but I think it would be insane to think he would have passed waivers / no NHL team would want to sign him. That's some crazy revisionist history. At most, it would have reduced his overall career length by a few years.

Kadri's talent was pretty recognizable early in his Leafs career. He was our best center during the dark ages where somehow Bozak got that role. He's added a lot of defensive qualities to his game that have made him a valuable all-around center, and that can be credited to Babcock giving him the opportunity to do that.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory

Daisy you posted proof of what Gary just said as Kadri was attacked etc called names as a result of that penalty.
It’s almost like there’s a small group of extremely vocal posters who like to project their behaviour on anyone who dares call them out.

Yeah I remember that, so much conversation. Had that been anyone else it’s a page or two of stupid penalty comments and we move on.
Are you going to say you were wrong to Gary as there was such a string of well over a 100 posts attacking him?

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Daisy Jane

Jul 2, 2009
Daisy you posted proof of what Gary just said as Kadri was attacked etc called names as a result of that penalty.

Are you going to say you were wrong to Gary as there was such a string of well over a 100 posts attacking him?

saying he took a dumb penalty is not attacking Kadri. good grief.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012

Hundreds of posts is about 10 pages of posts at minimum I highly doubt there’s 10 pages of people criticizing Kadri.

Guided by Veseys

Nov 14, 2011
This thread is so classic Kadri hf; bunch of people say that he was always good and it becomes a circus sideshow about everything else.
To sum it up: some think that he was always good and some others think he was on his way out the nhl until the current regime saved him. Nobody will ever know for sure and it is fair to argue for both opinions. Although IMO Kadri would have carved out a long and successful career on any team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad