Did Kadri develop because of good Leafs player management/development or despite it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Still waiting for this elusive list of many players who were as good as Kadri but had their careers killed due to significantly milder off-ice excesses.

That was the original claim. Now you're saying 'Google it' and another said that we cannot discuss off-ice excesses or it would result in bans. How convenient.

How about just not making claims that can't be backed up? We don't even know what Kadri exactly did, so how can this assertion ever be proved right or wrong? It's a hollow assertion.

It's not convenient, it's literally what happens. This site has really strict rules on that for some reason. Take Kadri out of it, creating a thread or talking about players with this possible issue will get you banned. I wouldn't be surprised to see posts deleted or edited in this thread even.

Last edited:

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Impossible to answer because "as good as Kadri" could be anywhere from a 1st line top 30 center to a 3rd line checking forward that can score, depending on who you ask.

So again there are literally pages of "players who's NHL carrer ended due to substance abuse" articles.

You can read those articles and based on how good you feel Kadri is, can then filter out the chum.

It wasn't you, but you'd think someone who boldly asserts that there are many players who fit this criteria would, you know, offer up some slam dunk examples. But the whole thing is hollow because there's no way to even know what Kadri did. And as you note, disagreements on what quality of player he is. And as @leaffaninvancouver notes, it's not even discussable.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
A good way to start moving on would be for the person who was egregiously wrong and hateful for several years to acknowledge how wrong they were and apologize for the hatred they spewed.

Hatred? Wow. Got any examples? You must have. You’ve been carrying this for years.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Because of how Kadri was treated. He was the most logical pick at #7, so I don't see that as meaning much.

How did Burke treat him poorly? I've seen a few people say this but what did do that was so bad? I'm not trying to argue or pick a fight I'm genuinely curious, I know he had issues with Wilson but what did Burke do?

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
How did Burke treat him poorly? I've seen a few people say this but what did do that was so bad? I'm not trying to argue or pick a fight I'm genuinely curious, I know he had issues with Wilson but what did Burke do?
Trying to make him a winger instead of a centre, him being knocked for being out of shape when he was not. The oublic critism instead of leaving it in house thus allowing the media to put him on the cover of sportspages and crapping on him.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Trying to make him a winger instead of a centre, him being knocked for being out of shape when he was not. The oublic critism instead of leaving it in house thus allowing the media to put him on the cover of sportspages and crapping on him.

Did Burke make that comment, I thought it was Eakins who made it. Yeah on Sep 28th 2012 Eakins said he was out of shape. The Sun jumped on that because they are a garbage paper.

I don't think Burke actually said anything did he? The winger thing isn't all that strange, Nylander is on the wing and he's a center, many center prospects start on the wing. I think Kadri had issues with coaches but I don't ever remember Burke and Kadri having any issues.

IBeL34f

Lilly-grin
Jun 3, 2010
Toronto
Did Burke make that comment, I thought it was Eakins who made it. Yeah on Sep 28th 2012 Eakins said he was out of shape. The Sun jumped on that because they are a garbage paper.

I don't think Burke actually said anything did he? The winger thing isn't all that strange, Nylander is on the wing and he's a center, many center prospects start on the wing. I think Kadri had issues with coaches but I don't ever remember Burke and Kadri having any issues.
Burke's also not a coach, and wouldn't be responsible for the decision to play him either on the Wing or at Center anyway.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Kadri career was never in jeopardy of ending his term as a Leaf was at stake anyone who posts otherwise is looking for an argument as clearly seen in this thread. Posting quotes without context as some sort of proof is sad.

Kadri developed dispite management and coaching until Shanny and Babcock arrived.

Kadri changed and deserves all the credit in the world for it.

We have this beauty of a player locked up at a fantastic contract and people on here call him names daily.

It sucks that he is a Leaf for a few on here but for me it is a blessing that he wants to be here and plays as hard as he does.

Let’s enjoy the ride.
#43isabeauty, #kadribleedsblueandwhite

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Burke's also not a coach, and wouldn't be responsible for the decision to play him either on the Wing or at Center anyway.
Burke condone the nonsense that was coming from the Leafs and Marlies coaches and did nothing to stop it. He proved himself to be a big bag of wind.

Look at the Leafs organization since we hired Shanny. Salute gate was handled with all the leaders shipped off and it never happened again. No more reports in newspapers about stupidity as well as setting a tone for professionalism that is easy to follow.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Kadri career was never in jeopardy of ending his term as a Leaf was at stake anyone who posts otherwise is looking for an argument as clearly seen in this thread. Posting quotes without context as some sort of proof is sad.

Kadri developed dispite management and coaching until Shanny and Babcock arrived.

Kadri changed and deserves all the credit in the world for it.

We have this beauty of a player locked up at a fantastic contract and people on here call him names daily.

It sucks that he is a Leaf for a few on here but for me it is a blessing that he wants to be here and plays as hard as he does.

Let’s enjoy the ride.
#43isabeauty, #kadribleedsblueandwhite

Nobody hates Kadri or wants him gone, why do you keep insisting they do?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Please where did I say that anyone hates him...as for wanting him gone there have been many who wanted him gone.

Hell you wanted the Leafs to suspended him when he took a cross checking penalty...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad