did im the only one to hate ovechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
Ovechkin is able to play with attitude on the ice, yet once he's off the ice he's just an all-around nice, well-behaved guy. I don't see the problem with this. Anybody care to elaborate?

He has never been pulled over for drunk driving, as countless players have. He has never beat people up at a bar. He has never tested positive for drugs or steriods, as Malkin has. He has never taken bribes to switch agents, as Malkin has. There are no reports of him treating any fans unkindly...EVER. He doesn't have family problems.

Quite to the contrary, he is always respectful off the ice even when certain people don't deserve it. He always puts out the extra effort to please fans, both on and off the ice. Everyone who has actually met him has come away tremendously impressed by his demeanor. His family is very close. I doubt these things could be said of many star athletes today. With all due respect, claims that Ovechkin has a bad attitude only reveal ignorance and lack of proper perspective on the part of the speaker. If Ovechkin is not a decent person, I would be delighted if you would show me someone who is.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Foppa_Rules said:
Ovechkin is able to play with attitude on the ice, yet once he's off the ice he's just an all-around nice, well-behaved guy. I don't see the problem with this. Anybody care to elaborate?

He has never been pulled over for drunk driving, as countless players have. He has never beat people up at a bar. He has never tested positive for drugs or steriods, as Malkin has. He has never taken bribes to switch agents, as Malkin has. There are no reports of him treating any fans unkindly...EVER. He doesn't have family problems.

Quite to the contrary, he is always respectful off the ice even when certain people don't deserve it. He always puts out the extra effort to please fans, both on and off the ice. Everyone who has actually met him has come away tremendously impressed by his demeanor. His family is very close. I doubt these things could be said of many star athletes today. With all due respect, claims that Ovechkin has a bad attitude only reveal ignorance and lack of proper perspective on the part of the speaker. If Ovechkin is not a decent person, I would be delighted if you would show me someone who is.

Whoa, whoa...Malkin's done WHAT? Can you back that up?'Cos otherwise....just whoa...

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
octopi said:
Whoa, whoa...Malkin's done WHAT? Can you back that up?'Cos otherwise....just whoa...

Of course I can back it up. You didn't hear about that stuff? Everybody was talking about it on these boards. He tested positive for some kind of steroid and his team said it "fell in his food". He also took money to switch agents. Of course, he gave back the money and as far as I know hasn't tested positive for any more drugs or steroids, but it still happened. I was just using it as an example of things other players have done, whatever their motives at the time, but Ovechkin hasn't...yet those players are proclaimed as saints while Ovechkin is vilified.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
Foppa_Rules said:
Of course I can back it up. You didn't hear about that stuff? Everybody was talking about it on these boards. He tested positive for some kind of steroid and his team said it "fell in his food". He also took money to switch agents. Of course, he gave back the money and as far as I know hasn't tested positive for any more drugs or steroids, but it still happened. I was just using it as an example of things other players have done, whatever their motives at the time, but Ovechkin hasn't...yet those players are proclaimed as saints while Ovechkin is vilified.

Small bones...

DINO22CICCARELLI

May 6, 2004
amon said:
I know the guy as skill but the attitude omg he as a worse attitude than jagr . The will never be a great athlete like gretzky , lemieux, lafleur , forsberg because he dont have a thing call modesty . Really it was funny to see him in wjc with is pro visor and the way he move when he score a goal . It was rediculous i think its the kind of player that break the chemistry of the team . This guy when he will became multi millionaire will play with no effort like jagr :madfire:

And I hate people that have no brains from canada. dumbest remarkes ever uttered by anyone.

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
Foppa_Rules said:

I hadn't heard about the steroid...where and when?

I heard about the money and the agent thing but he was underage at the time, so I didn't blame him for it...maybe his parents and agent.

Foppa_Rules

Nov 1, 2003
Earth...how about you?
octopi said:
I hadn't heard about the steroid...where and when?

I heard about the money and the agent thing but he was underage at the time, so I didn't blame him for it...maybe his parents and agent.

Do I have to dig the link up for you? I think it was before one of the WJC's.

I don't buy the underage thing either. He decides career moves like that at age 17 or however old he was at the time.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
amon said:
I know the guy as skill but the attitude omg he as a worse attitude than jagr . The will never be a great athlete like gretzky , lemieux, lafleur , forsberg because he dont have a thing call modesty . Really it was funny to see him in wjc with is pro visor and the way he move when he score a goal . It was rediculous i think its the kind of player that break the chemistry of the team . This guy when he will became multi millionaire will play with no effort like jagr :madfire:

Don't remember early Mario eh? That guy was arrogant as all get out. It was only later, as he matured, did he learn what it took to be a player that could be respected both on and off the ice.

Ovechkin is just a kid. Give him a chance to mature as well please.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
amon said:

And what has been so terrible about Jaromir Jagr? Two Stanley Cups, a Hart Trophy and five scoring titles? Washington would be lucky to get a Jagr-like career out of Ovechkin.

bonafide

Mothra said:
It was you that said he was only looking for a big paycheck.....just because the facts dont back that up and he turned down the big money, dont try to make it sound like we brought up money

mothra ur argument makes no sense... he will make more money in the nhl. that is why he is switching to NA or a possible reason anywyas. whoopdy doo he makes more money in the rsl for a few years but in the long run the nhl is where the money is at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad