did im the only one to hate ovechkin

Status
Not open for further replies.

amon

Jul 20, 2005
Montreal
I know the guy as skill but the attitude omg he as a worse attitude than jagr . The will never be a great athlete like gretzky , lemieux, lafleur , forsberg because he dont have a thing call modesty . Really it was funny to see him in wjc with is pro visor and the way he move when he score a goal . It was rediculous i think its the kind of player that break the chemistry of the team . This guy when he will became multi millionaire will play with no effort like jagr :madfire:

octopi

Dec 29, 2004
I don't think we've seen or heard enough of him to make a rash judgement. He seems to be very passionate about hockey, which I take as a good omen. Nothing he has done has turned me off being excited about watched him in the NHL, I think he'll be amazing.

CarolinaCapsFan

May 26, 2005
NC
He's turning down $4.5mil tax free to make $900,000 away from his family in a country that speaks a different language. That shows character...

If anything that shows the type of guy I want on my team, not some guy who is strolling around looking for the highest bidder.

amon

Jul 20, 2005
Montreal
i watch the wjc and it was horrible , i dont said he was no great . In fact the guy was the best player on the ice but he seem like a next jagr .A guy gifted with talent but as a bad attitude . i just dont think he will have the same impact that crosby on

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
amon said:
i watch the wjc and it was horrible , i dont said he was no great . In fact the guy was the best player on the ice but he seem like a next jagr .A guy gifted with talent but as a bad attitude . i just dont think he will have the same impact that crosby on

Well, put your bias aside for a moment. I think people are blowing the WJC WAY out of proportion, I saw nothing there that turned me off to his attitude. In fact, as much as people want to get on him for crying after a loss, I loved the passion and desire to win that it showed. I don't think his attitude is anyhting like Jagr's.

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
amon said:
I know the guy as skill but the attitude omg he as a worse attitude than jagr . The will never be a great athlete like gretzky , lemieux, lafleur , forsberg because he dont have a thing call modesty . Really it was funny to see him in wjc with is pro visor and the way he move when he score a goal . It was rediculous i think its the kind of player that break the chemistry of the team . This guy when he will became multi millionaire will play with no effort like jagr :madfire:

So...if money is all he is about please tell us why he turned down a lot more money and stay in his home country for the NHL? Please enlighten us on that

Large_Farva*

People, explain to me why Jagr has such a bad attitude and why people think he is a horrible person in the lockerroom. I want to hear some good proof with sources and links.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Well he's 19, so he's going to mature in years to come. When you are 19, and playing in a hostile building, like in Grand Forks, it feels sweet to earn a victory. Ovechkin overdid his celebrations, but he's still young, and still has lots to learn. I wouldn't worry about little things like that hindering the rest of his career.

If people think that Ovechkin is arrogant/cocky when he speaks to the media, I think it simply is a case of mis-communication. While he speaks English, he is not very fluent, and things come out direct and brash. I remember prior to the Canada-Russia final in January, people were criticizing him for making arrogant remarks, after hearing an interview on TSN. I wouldn't hold any comments he makes in English against him, until he lives in DC for a few years, and has a firm grasp of the language.

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
amon said:

Malkin was worse and no one questions his "character".

Ovechkin is the only prospect with an argument on Canadian savior Sidney Crosby so he naturally takes inordinate amounts of flak.

Just my .02.

helicecopter

Mar 8, 2003
give me higher shots
Visit site
amon said:
This guy when he will became multi millionaire will play with no effort like jagr :madfire:

..i watch the wjc and it was horrible , i dont said he was no great . In fact the guy was the best player on the ice but he seem like a next jagr
This thread, or better, this Jagr comparison as a negative factor is absolutely hilarious.

amon

Jul 20, 2005
Montreal
Look its easy he come play in north america because in future he have to play in nhl if he want lot of money and the condition in nhl are better for a player ....Look he dont have is 4.5 millions this year but he will make 7 millions he a near futures .I repeat i dont said he was a bad player i just said he was arrogant and definitively not a team player . You see if he dont have modesty at 19 wath it will be in future

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
amon said:
Look its easy he come play in north america because in future he have to play in nhl if he want lot of money and the condition in nhl are better for a player ....Look he dont have is 4.5 millions this year but he will make 7 millions he a near futures .I repeat i dont said he was a bad player i just said he was arrogant and definitively not a team player . You see if he dont have modesty at 19 wath it will be in future

your bias is so obvious its just funny

dunwoody_joe

Mar 16, 2002
atlanta
Visit site
Much of the same was said about Kovalchuk at the WJCs. "Too selfish, too cocky, too arrogant..."

The drive and talent is what sets these kids apart. I think AO will mature (just like Ilya has). Their core personality will mellow as they mature, but their drive will stay the same and will be channeled into the team.

Hell, I would take him on my team!

amon

Jul 20, 2005
Montreal
lol all people are so serious we just talk about a player and all people became like you dont know nothing because you dont like him . Look its my opinion maybe in the future i change my look on ovechkin but now i just said that the guy is arrogant i dont know wath it has to go with im going to nhl for less money . I said he dont have modesty and he his arrogant and i think maybe he will became a lazy player like jagr when he touch the jackpot :dunno:

Mothra

The Groovy Guru
Jul 16, 2002
Parts Unknown
Visit site
amon said:
lol all people are so serious we just talk about a player and all people became like you dont know nothing because you dont like him . Look its my opinion maybe in the future i change my look on ovechkin but now i just said that the guy is arrogant i dont know wath it has to go with im going to nhl for less money . I said he dont have modesty and he his arrogant and i think maybe he will became a lazy player like jagr when he touch the jackpot :dunno:

It was you that said he was only looking for a big paycheck.....just because the facts dont back that up and he turned down the big money, dont try to make it sound like we brought up money

amon

Jul 20, 2005
Montreal
I tought wath i said about money i just dont know why people talking about him that left 4.5 millions in russia to come to nhl . Look its normal for a player that he wanna play in the best league . And i said that hes the next jagr but maybe worse because jagr was not arrogant in the start of his career .

Vladiator

Jan 2, 2005
New Zealand
amon said:
I tought wath i said about money i just dont know why people talking about him that left 4.5 millions in russia to come to nhl . Look its normal for a player that he wanna play in the best league . And i said that hes the next jagr but maybe worse because jagr was not arrogant in the start of his career .

Jagr won multiple awards and Stanley Cups. I would be thrilled if AO had a similar career to Jagr's :bow:

The Vengabus

Jan 11, 2004
Visit site
I think AO's language is better than yours.

Not sure how old you are, or how long you've been following hockey, but with the exception of a guy named Mario, and a non-fubar'd Lindros, Jagr dominated the league like no one else for the last 15 (noted, with certain off-periods) years. Sure, I'd rather have Kelly freakin Buchberger on my team.

Oh, and are arrogant players a bad thing? Conditioned mindless drones with no entertainment value are why, to most people, NBA>NHL.

hockeyfan125

Jul 10, 2004
Ovechkin is one of my favorite prospects. Russians sometimes get bashed for having no heart, but he is the exact opposite. Sometimes shown as cockyness, he has a passion for the game and the skills to go with it.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Meriadoc Brandybuck said:
I think AO's language is better than yours.

Not sure how old you are, or how long you've been following hockey, but with the exception of a guy named Mario, and a non-fubar'd Lindros, Jagr dominated the league like no one else for the last 15 (noted, with certain off-periods) years. Sure, I'd rather have Kelly freakin Buchberger on my team.

Oh, and are arrogant players a bad thing? Conditioned mindless drones with no entertainment value are why, to most people, NBA>NHL.

Exactly, I honestly dont mind if a player is arrogant as long as they can back it up. I always get reved up when Kovalchuk scores a goal because most of the times hes going nuts when he does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->