Diamondbacks on track to unveil humidor in 2018

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Considering that Coors Field did the exact same thing years ago, the D-Backs was bound to follow suit, given how much Chase Field is a modern band box.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
Can you imagine an NFL team actively trying to reduce the number of touchdowns they score? I don’t get why any MLB team would do this. Are they just allergic to making money?

BigMac1212

I feel...alone.
Jun 12, 2003
Sun Devil Country
Can you imagine an NFL team actively trying to reduce the number of touchdowns they score? I don’t get why any MLB team would do this. Are they just allergic to making money?

One of the reason the D-Backs won the 2001 World Series is that their top 2 pitchers are Randy Johnson & Curt Schilling. Sure, there's a place for offense in sports, but most teams rely on defense (and in baseball, pitching) to get them to the championship.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
One of the reason the D-Backs won the 2001 World Series is that their top 2 pitchers are Randy Johnson & Curt Schilling. Sure, there's a place for offense in sports, but most teams rely on defense (and in baseball, pitching) to get them to the championship.

Randy Johnson and Curt Shilling could win you a championship in any building so not sure how that proves your point. Besides, the goal of a franchise is to win and make money, right? How does making it harder for your team to hit home runs for 82 games achieves those objectives? If it was such a key to success then teams like San Diego should be competitive.

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Oct 23, 2014

Their biggest strength is their starting pitching and the humidor will let them grip the baseballs better but also allow them to go deeper into games since the runs scored will be down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad