GDT: Devils vs. Red Wings - 7:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Yea, because we didn't draft McLeod and he hasn't been tearing it up in the OHL and probably could have made this team and stayed on it if not for a knee injury in the preseason.

They also didn't draft another talented player from Sweden that can play wing or center in Boqvist.
If those guys pan out as 2C then great. Not exactly a sure thing though. We will see. Plus I was thinking more about this season and next.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
If those guys pan out as 2C then great. Not exactly a sure thing though. We will see. Plus I was thinking more about this season and next.

McLeod will be on this team next year, and there is no reason why he shouldn't be playing as one of the top 6 centers on this team with how shit Zajac has been, and the talent and speed that he, McLeod, will be bringing here.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Someone really should be waived for him, maybe Jimmy Hayes? We barely use the game as it is.

Jimmy Hayes is shot.

He's too slow & not able to play in "Today's NHL", and the fact this is obvious to everyone with the exception of the Devils' brass does have me a bit concerned.

Hayes looks like a special needs child out there in an "everyone must play" kid's league, 10 seconds behind everyone & hopelessly chasing pucks back & forth.

Reactions: Southpaw123

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
McLeod will be on this team next year, and there is no reason why he shouldn't be playing as one of the top 6 centers on this team with how **** Zajac has been, and the talent and speed that he, McLeod, will be bringing here.

I wouldn’t hold my breath on him being what you’re thinking he will

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Jimmy Hayes is shot.

He's not able to play in "Today's NHL", and the fact this is obvious to everyone with the exception of the Devils' brass does have me a bit concerned.

Hayes looks like a special needs child out there in an "everyone must play" kid's league, 10 seconds behind everyone and hopelessly chasing puck back and forth.
Seemed like a pity signing or a favor to his uncle. We don’t seem to like him enough to use him, so there is that, at least.

Reactions: Southpaw123

Bologna 1

Aug 5, 2006
I definitely see goaltending as a problem. Schneider has not been,the cause of losses this season, but for what is expected and the fact that he makes 6 million, his level of play is flat out unacceptable and he should be ashamed. They need him to be their best player, just as good as hall, and he just hasn't given them that at all. Only a few games can we honestly say he was a big factor in a win. Guy can't lwt up less than three goals, and his save percentage continues to plummet. I'm just sick at his level of play. It disgusts me that they essentially have to outscore to win every game. And sad part is it seems like the norm now considering he was trash last season as well. Idc how bad the defense is he doesn't mask shit. Hes right near the top of my shit list overall this season.

Reactions: guitarguyvic

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Sean Couturier never even broke 40 points until this season and he's 25. He was an 8th overall pick.

Zacha is still just 20 years old. It's way too early to write him off midway through his second season.
Again how often is this happening?

You guys don’t understand the concept of outliers huh?

And at age 25 he’s old enough where the season he is having is itself an outlier. He very well may revert back to a 3o point player next year.

Reactions: Bosskarelli

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
Sean Couturier never even broke 40 points until this season and he's 25. He was an 8th overall pick.

Zacha is still just 20 years old. It's way too early to write him off midway through his second season.

some might even argue hes still growing. and i mean physically as well as mentally. hes not scoring thats for sure. but he sure as hell creates some stuff out there. that switch could click in is brain any day now. you ever play a video game and stink at it? you play a little more and then one day it just clicks? im dumbing it down but thats life, video games are just a sped up version.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I definitely see goaltending as a problem. Schneider has not been,the cause of losses this season, but for what is expected and the fact that he makes 6 million, his level of play is flat out unacceptable and he should be ashamed. They need him to be their best player, just as good as hall, and he just hasn't given them that at all. Only a few games can we honestly say he was a big factor in a win. Guy can't lwt up less than three goals, and his save percentage continues to plummet. I'm just sick at his level of play. It disgusts me that they essentially have to outscore to win every game. And sad part is it seems like the norm now considering he was trash last season as well. Idc how bad the defense is he doesn't mask ****. Hes right near the top of my **** list overall this season.
Biggest disappointment on this team over the last two seasons, easily. It’s not just the contract, we gave up a high pick to get him.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Completely disagree. I can think of about a dozen other goalies in the league we could be in the same spot with.

You can disagree and you would be wrong. Cory has absolutely been one of our best players this year. This is agenda levels of hypotheticals.

Without Hall and Cory would not be in a great position to make the playoffs. Most likely we are near the bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad