GDT: Devils vs. Red Wings - 7:00 PM MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Lol what the hell could Stafford possibly have to add?
''I'm still suffering from lower body soreness. Pains on my ass from wearing out a hole in the seat of the press box. Gimme some time to get back into game shape''.

Then Jimmy Hayes cuts in ''You got some nerve! I've sat up there more games than you this season! How do you think my ass feels?''.

RememberTheName

Conductor of the Schmid Bandwagon
Jan 5, 2016
On Earth
Zacha has really got to work on his shot over the summer. He has been great in all areas literally except for the shot.

I thought today he played a great game, as he has been doing for about the past month.

Reactions: Zajacs Bowl Cut

AveryQuietMan

free chinese food for everyone
Oct 2, 2017
If I was any one of the young guys this would actually piss me off. I’d be thinking “why the **** am I being lectured to by slug footed old men who haven’t produced jack shot and are getting paid 5x as much as I am while we have been he knew carrying this team to where it is?”

how do you know they are lecturing? maybe they are admitting their faults.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Sure would have. Would have also been nice for mrazek to cough up a juicy rebound or 2 all night. or his defensemen to not block shots right in front. Mrazek was really on. He wasnt giving space to shoot on anyone, his positioning was great. its not like PZ was missing empty nets. my point was the kid did exactly what you want, he got the puck on net every chance he could

Doing all those things you mention and he finishes with 20pts. If he can’t finish he can’t finish.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
He is playing a LOT better than he did earlier in the season.

If you deny this, you are just not being fair or aren't watching.

and Mark Scheiefele is a good example of what you asked about. Niederreiter, Kesler too.
He’s playing better than earlier but not better than last season...whoopdeedoo?

Comparing Zacha to those guys...apples and oranges. Do we not have enough experience with these same circumstances in previous prospects to recognize red flags when they are evident? Bergfors, Tedenby, Josefson. To a lesser extent Zharkov, Loktionov, Matteau. Contrast those guys with what we saw early on with prospects that actually did pan out or appear to be panning out now...Henrique, Bratt, Hischier, Wood.

Enough is enough already. I’m not falling for this crap again. Until/unless Zacha improves significantly I’m not holding out hopes that he’s going to turn out as expected at this point.

Reactions: MartyOwns

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Zacha has really got to work on his shot over the summer. He has been great in all areas literally except for the shot.

I thought today he played a great game, as he has been doing for about the past month.

He has to work on his accuracy for sure. I mean because he can fire the f*** out of the puck, but sometimes it's just wild as hell.
Though when it is wild on the PP it seems like he is trying to be too accurate with it, and being on the strong side seems be adding to that since it, IMO, is lot harder to score on the strong side than aiming on the off wing, especially on the PP, which is why guys with good hard shots are usually situated on the off wing on the PP, like Palms has been recently and Ovechkin and Stamkos have been through out their careers.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ

dafoe.gif

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017

Comparing Zacha to those guys...apples and oranges. Do we not have enough experience with these same circumstances in previous prospects to recognize red flags when they are evident? Bergfors, Tedenby, Josefson. To a lesser extent Zharkov, Loktionov, Matteau. Contrast those guys with what we saw early on with prospects that actually did pan out or appear to be panning out now...Henrique, Bratt, Hischier, Wood.

Enough is enough already. I’m not falling for this crap again. Until/unless Zacha improves significantly I’m not holding out hopes that he’s going to turn out as expected at this point.

We don’t have a top 10 goalie and we don’t have a former 6 overall pick. I’ve come to terms with this.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
We don’t have a top 10 goalie and we don’t have a former 6 overall pick. I’ve come to terms with this.
I agree. I don’t think Cory is better than average. But I’m not sure that’s as big of a problem as it sounds...plenty of teams these days win the ultimate prize with average goalies.

A top 6 center prospect not panning our may actually be more troublesome. After Hischier it looks bleak.

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017
Hey, cliched hockey answer! Great leadership.

And honestly, what the **** is Greene gonna say in that meeting when he's the worst defenseman on the team and personally responsible for the team losing 3 games in that 6 games losing streak?

cliche media gets cliche answer. this isnt toronto.... media interview means nothing.

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA

why is it apples and oranges? It is very similar, actually

bigger, "power" forwards that struggled to put up points immediately but still became good to great NHL players. Thats exactly what you asked for and I provided examples. and that was just off the top of my head. I am sure I could find more if I dig into it more.

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
how do you know they are lecturing? maybe they are admitting their faults.

Boyle “Kids, I’m slow, I can’t keep up”

Stafford “I’m barely playing but I’ve been around awhile, y’all got to player harder every night”

Schneider “I know I know, I’ve got to play better but there aren’t any other options so suck it”

Greene “Kids, I put the flint stones vitamins you all love so much on the steering wheel of your race car beds. Make sure when you go home you brush your teeth before bed. We’ll talk about this tomorrow.”

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
I agree. I don’t think Cory is better than average. But I’m not sure that’s as big of a problem as it sounds...plenty of teams these days win the ultimate prize with average goalies.

A top 6 center prospect not panning our may actually be more troublesome. After Hischier it looks bleak.

Yea, because we didn't draft McLeod and he hasn't been tearing it up in the OHL and probably could have made this team and stayed on it if not for a knee injury in the preseason.

They also didn't draft another talented player from Sweden that can play wing or center in Boqvist.

Reactions: nugg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Stafford “I’m barely playing but I’ve been around awhile, y’all got to player harder every night”

Schneider “I know I know, I’ve got to play better but there aren’t any other options so suck it”

Greene “Kids, I put the flint stones vitamins you all love so much on the steering wheel of your race car beds. Make sure when you go home you brush your teeth before bed. We’ll talk about this tomorrow.”
:laugh::thumbu:

I think you forgot Zajac

“Kids, I fell off a cliff back in August. I was dropped off of Pikes Peak in my car. I’m lucky to be alive! I thought I’d be back to normal by now! Just gimme another 30 games! This is tough to recover from!”.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
Yea, because we didn't draft McLeod and he hasn't been tearing it up in the OHL and probably could have made this team and stayed on it if not for a knee injury in the preseason.

They also didn't draft another talented player from Sweden that can play wing or center in Boqvist.

Yeah but having zacha be good makes those other guys tempting trade chips to improve other areas. Shame just a shame

AveryQuietMan

Oct 2, 2017

did you hide a listening device in the room?? hehehe

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Zacha Tonight:

Buuuut 0 points. Clearly the only stat that matters.

He's been playing better, but it's not enough. And though said sarcastically, the 0 points........ at some point...... really is all that matters. Were he a 3rd round draft pick, nobody would care.

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
why is it apples and oranges? It is very similar, actually

bigger, "power" forwards that struggled to put up points immediately but still became good to great NHL players. Thats exactly what you asked for and I provided examples. and that was just off the top of my head. I am sure I could find more if I dig into it more.
No it’s not comparable. What do you know about their development across their first 2-3 seasons? Were you following those teams closely? You know for a fact they didn’t show definitive improvement year over year until they broke out? What did their numbers in juniors/minors look like?

Zacha has not had impressive production even outside of the NHL in recent years. And we have a bevy of our own prospects over the last decade - prospects that we have all followed closely - that I can point back to who have displayed similar lack of progress and production as Zacha and who have all failed. And I can look back and point to the ones who have succeeded and see the exact opposite progression.

Not to mention that you’re pointing out three examples...out of how many prospects in the league? I’m not sure anyone is saying it’s IMPOSSIBLE that Zacha will break out, but you are basically saying it’s stupid for us to lower our expectations. Um no, the vast majority of forward prospects in the post lockout NHL who don’t progress and produce within their first 2-3 seasons don’t become anything special. Your outliers don’t change that fact.

Cult of Hynes

Hynes is never wrong.
Nov 9, 2010
Yeah but having zacha be good makes those other guys tempting trade chips to improve other areas. Shame just a shame

And Zacha could turn a corner and start producing more for all we know.

You guys are freaking out over a non issue. If he pans out great, we can trade some forward prospects we have. If he doesn't pan out, we still have other prospects that could.

Zacha's play has been fine, and he clearly has the hockey IQ to be in the top 6, his production is just not there right now. But it doesn't help how he was being f***ed with through out the earlier part of the season and how Zajac, the worst forward on the team right that gets consistent minutes, has been playing 2nd line C minutes and getting first unit PP time.

Zacha should be a constant on the PP. There is no reason to have him off it and Zajac on it instead since Zajac can't even move the puck like Zacha can let alone shoot it like he can, production or no production from Zacha.

Reactions: oxman44
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad