GDT: Devils vs. Penguins - 7:00 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I understand that you simply can't, and this is the way out- got it. You are saying SV% is just as bogus as I say it is.

Your argument makes Ryan Miller, Annti Raanta and Carter Hutton top 10 goaltenders this year in SV% and Holtby, Halak, Lundqvist, Varlamov , Schneider and Price are at the bottom of GAA.

C'mon man - when are you guys going to wake up to the reality that you're bringing a pop-gun to a knife fight if SV% and GAA are all you have.

I'm not arguing that list A up there haven't done their jobs as backups and that list B up there have been perfect, but don't you see a trend where it MIGHT have to do with the team's performance in front of them?

And that a 30 game sample set MIGHT be too small to use SV% for anything?
I actually argued on the main board the other day that Frederik Andersen deserves a Vezina vote or a few, but someone said that because he was 10th in save percentage that he shouldn’t even be in the conversation, which I vehemently disagreed with, because at least 5-6 of the guys with a better save percentage than him were backups or had played significantly fewer games or were guys like Luongo and Crawford, who missed significant time with injury.

Some of the guys ahead of him in save percentage should be omitted, because a lot of them won’t even have played in half of their teams games.

I take Andersen’s .922 save percentage in 53 games a lot more seriously than Carter Hutton’s .933 save percentage in 28 games or Ryan Miller’s .925 save percentage in 23 games. And absolutely more than his own backup’s .929 save percentage in only 12 games played.

Reactions: billingtons ghost

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Ralph-Wiggum-Smiles-Rolls-Down-Hill.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad