GDT: Devils vs. Panthers - 7:30 PM MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
kink should and will start tonight...i'm just concerned about it. he was doing so well, on a roll and all that. i don't know his style well enough to know how he responds to sitting one out. not that it would affect his attitude or anything, just in terms of falling out of rhythm.

Reactions: Aethon

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
kink should and will start tonight...i'm just concerned about it. he was doing so well, on a roll and all that. i don't know his style well enough to know how he responds to sitting one out. not that it would affect his attitude or anything, just in terms of falling out of rhythm.

Yes! Start the narrative in case Kinkaid stumbles... Cory's fault!

Let's go Devils!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
His last two starts were the best he's ever played. I don't think it's coincidence that it came at time when he was playing regularly.

I Hate Tie DOMI

Jul 2, 2002
Ontario
His last two starts were the best he's ever played. I don't think it's coincidence that it came at time when he was playing regularly.

I think he started playing better at the time he knew he was about to lose his job because Cory was coming back from injury. Same thing happened when everyone had Wedgewood plugged in to be the backup last year and Kinkaid played lights out in the preseason instead. Without some semblance of competition Kinkaid gets lazy and reverts to swiss cheese and Eddie Lack isn't going to be any competition for the backup job the rest of the way and Kinkaid isn't going to unseat Cory as starter because he's not better than Cory.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
If FLA wins all of their 3 games in hand they are 2 points behind us.

Also. It's critical that we get at least a point tonight vs a team we just have to keep a distance from.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
Yes! Start the narrative in case Kinkaid stumbles... Cory's fault!

Let's go Devils!

i'm not starting a narrative. i'm just very realistic about what kinkaid is, and i honestly don't know how he'll perform in this particular situation because this is new territory for him. i wouldn't blame cory if kinkaid has a poor outing tonight, miss me with that stupid shit

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Its all most too easy for the coaches and management. You play Blockaid till the back to back. You say "We are going with the hot hand". If he lost then no big deal and if he wins you have a built in excuse to play Corey on the back to back. Nope. You give Corey 1 warmup. He could of had a few more practices. Watch Gibbons he will skate, then practice, maybe reconditioning but he can be played sparingly. You can't do that with a goalie. Now they left Corey out to dry. Lets hope he wins his next game. They over thought the goalie situation during the end of the December homestead. Lastly if every goalie gets an opportunity to get up to speed why not Kinkaid. I would imagine the mindset and conditioning for a backup and starter are different. He has some pretty great games even years prior.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
cory needs a win in a big way...gotta get that monkey off of his back. which is odd to say, because i'm told a goalie is <50% responsible for a win (but >50% responsible for a loss, somehow). regardless, that pasty ginger needs a W in a big way.

the question is, if kinkaid has a phenomenal game tonight, do we stay with him for the next one? are points more important than coddling our starter and getting him some confidence? i really don't know

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
Points are paramount

Over the last 28 when the shit show started at the end of December, we've taken 25 / 56 points.

If the team is better than .446 (and I believe they are) it's time our point % start to look like it.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
If FLA wins all of their 3 games in hand they are 2 points behind us.

Also. It's critical that we get at least a point tonight vs a team we just have to keep a distance from.
I’m still not that worried about Florida. They’ve been on fire for a month and they need to remain on fire to pass us. One or two bad stretches and they’re done.

Reactions: Bleedred

DevilWithin

Feb 24, 2015
New Jersey
I was so pumped up for this game and I thought the team would be also.. really disappointed about the result. Florida got some lucky bounces and I think we deserved a point out of the game. Sucks to see Schneider letting in 3 goals again.. Maroon was great though.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
I was so pumped up for this game and I thought the team would be also.. really disappointed about the result. Florida got some lucky bounces and I think we deserved a point out of the game. Sucks to see Schneider letting in 3 goals again.. Maroon was great though.

Same old bleep @ FLA.
They get the bounces, we play poorly, soft goaltending.
Our record there has been absolutely putrid.

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
there is still a buffer behind us, and we are closer to the teams above us than the teams below us. penguins goaltending is TERRIBLE and they don't know if or when murray is coming back. florida can win every game for the rest of the season and we will make the playoffs if we stay above columbus and carolina which we are on pace to do.

this isn't a sky is falling situation we lost one freaking game here...

Reactions: Bologna 1

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
we are a better team top to bottom than we were for the past 2 months with injuries and roster moves. i have no idea why everyone would freak out. have we even been out of a playoff spot the entire season?

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
we are a better team top to bottom than we were for the past 2 months with injuries and roster moves. i have no idea why everyone would freak out. have we even been out of a playoff spot the entire season?
I’m not freaking out, more just annoyed that we didn’t add more buffer before our rough stretch of games coming up. The game tonight is massive.

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
People should be freaking out. If people were freaking out that our backup wasn't playing good starting goaltending then this place should be on red alert because its #1 is looking like a #2 over 90+ games.

Sick, injured or whatever... in the past 15 games Cory has not been the best goalie for this team. The numbers dont lie

In his last 15 games spanning back 3 calendar months now. Schneider is Kinkaid levels bad. Not Kinkaid is Schneider level good.

He is:
6-7-2
2.87 GAA
.903 save %

Spanning back to beginning of last season the goalies are practically even on the same team.

LszvxmD.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad